• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

pringles

Hawks vs Wings - I didn't expect the Wings to beat the Ducks but the old guys pulled it off.
I didn't expect the Wings to beat the Ducks but the old guys pulled it off.
but the old guys pulled it off.
the old guys
tumblr_m2hctkxnNr1qcqqkzo1_500.gif

ShaneB

I feel like I know what I'm doing in Civ V now, but I'd probably get raped (/pillaged) by a series vet.

I like to think I know the game well enough to get by on the basic levels, but then I think about all the depth I miss out on and realize maybe I don't know things all that well :p

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
There couldn't have been a more embarrassing way to drop out of the playoffs than last night's game. Good luck to the Rangers. Brassard is a great player.

We will return. Stronger. Faster. And you will suffer our wrath.

We won't see you in the playoffs ever again!! :(
Since you guys will never win another Stanley Cup!!

Side Note: Kind of worried about you after hearing the Detroit news. Everything ok on your end?

I don't live or work in Detroit, so everything is fine on my end. My work is West of Detroit in the nicer smaller cities that surround that flaming pile of mess called a city.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ovechkin is a terrible captain, hard to believe the Caps will do anything meaningful with him leading the way.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
John Tortorella today on Ovie's saltines:

On Ovechkin’s comments about refereeing, (Tortorella laughing) “I’m not gonna get into a back and forth with Alex. One of the best lessons that we learned, especially for the young guys, is that you can’t get into the minutiae of it all, the complaining about this and that. If you pick away at it and are always complaining you forget what you are supposed to be doing. I saw McDonagh get run over and almost break his neck early in the game and there was no call, but Mac got stitched up, got up and played. A very important part of the playoffs is not to complain, not to go to the supervisors to just play the damn game. Take a hit to make a play and keep your focus. I thought it was a turning point in game six with all the complaining and we stayed within ourselves."

And moving on...

On the Bruins, “We are two similar teams. It will be along the boards. It will be about battles. They win a hell of a game last night. They are deep, they are balanced. Both teams play a similar game. I feel good about it. All the teams that are playing now are good teams. It’s not who you are playing but how you feel about the team. I feel really good. We don’t get too involved in big adjustments, there are small things, but we aren’t changing. We wanna go straight ahead and they wanna go straight ahead. The neutral zone will be important.”

Acid08

Banned

On Ovechkin’s comments about refereeing, (Tortorella laughing) “I’m not gonna get into a back and forth with Alex. One of the best lessons that we learned, especially for the young guys, is that you can’t get into the minutiae of it all, the complaining about this and that. If you pick away at it and are always complaining you forget what you are supposed to be doing. I saw McDonagh get run over and almost break his neck early in the game and there was no call, but Mac got stitched up, got up and played. A very important part of the playoffs is not to complain, not to go to the supervisors to just play the damn game. Take a hit to make a play and keep your focus. I thought it was a turning point in game six with all the complaining and we stayed within ourselves."
Haha Bieksa should take this so heart.

Cannot wait for his bitching after he loses next round about the refereeing.

Socreges

Banned

I'm positive that these comments won't seem even more ironic in the near future.

Cake Boss

Banned
Turris is going to get his lunch eaten in this series. Crosby and Malkin are a whole different animal compared to Plekanec and Desharnais.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Shane, Soc, we still need to get our 4p+ game (with Spectre) of Civ on at some point.

Top Bottom