• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Tabris

McDavid needs to go to a real hockey market.

Too many star players have been buried in bad markets lately.

Last time big #1 players went to good markets was CHI.

EDIT - That was all the way back in 2007. I guess there's Galchenyuk who was close to being a #1. And actually I dunno if I would consider PIT a good market.

Quick

Banned
I've been really skeptical lately with college signings, only because it doesn't seem to work out too well for the Leafs. I don't think the signings the Leafs have made in the past were supposed to be immediate impact or elite level type players, but there's certainly possibilities and people sometimes mix up possibilities and expectations in relation to them. /OCDChewie-type post.
Just kidding OCDChewie

Not calling Bailey a bust already, but I'm keeping my expectations in check until I see results.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Miller-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Moore-Sheppard

Staal-McDonagh
Yandle-Girardi
Hunwick-Boyle

Talbot

It's still weird not having to write "D.Moore."

RC

Banned
RC used to be desiRC? The fact that I opened up Calamari's pic post in a samosa shop seems appropriate now.

Happy birthday :)

I used to be a lot of things, unemployed, drunk, a purveyor of inappriote pictures with equally inappriote captions, but I was never a desiRC.

Tabris

Thinking about it more, I would sacrifice McDavid going to TOR to have an actual #1 player in a real hockey market.

I would also get to see him a lot more on TV, and it's not like Canucks would need to play them much.

Quick

Banned
I used to be a lot of things, unemployed, drunk, a purveyor of inappriote pictures with equally inappriote captions, but I was never a desiRC.

I will always remember when Desi was me.

ibadHLRlT74f3b.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait we haven't scored against San Jose since 2011? Wow.

wait what

THU, 1 DEC 2011 CANADIENS SHARKS
10:30 PM FINAL MTL (3) - SJS (4) SO

SAT, 26 OCT 2013 SHARKS CANADIENS
7:00 PM FINAL SJS (2) - MTL (0)

SAT, 8 MAR 2014 CANADIENS SHARKS
10:00 PM FINAL MTL (0) - SJS (4)

MON, 2 MAR 2015 CANADIENS SHARKS
10:00 PM FINAL MTL (0) - SJS (4)

"only" 3 games, but still

I thought that's what they said

Someone FactCheck Please

got you covered bro

Quick

Banned
I'm not really too surprised when analysts bring up that x team hasn't scored against y team since 20xx if it involves an east vs. west matchup. Between then and now, both teams have probably played a maximum of 3-4 games. :lol

I'm not really too surprised when analysts bring up that x team hasn't scored against y team since 20xx if it involves an east vs. west matchup. Between then and now, both teams have probably played a maximum of 3-4 games. :lol

It's weird because usually lineups & team circumstances change so much across time-spans like that.

If LA makes the playoffs they give up their first round pick this year to Carolina. Otherwise it's next year's. Just putting it out there.

Who knows if Sekera stays too

Top Bottom