• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nic Cage must be really pissed about losing out on the Superman role

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, Nick Cage is a big ass comic nerd.

So far as Ms. Sea Manky tells me, his name is the combination of his shitty taste in comics Nick (Fury) and (Luke) Cage. :X

mattx5

Cal. L. Cage would've been more subtle. Though I'm sure people will just call him Kal, which the kid will eventually start spelling Cal as he gets older (and wise to his father's crime).

The Take Out Bandit said:

So far as Ms. Sea Manky tells me, his name is the combination of his shitty taste in comics Nick (Fury) and (Luke) Cage. :X

he should have called himself Luke Fury.

I am so relieved Nick Cage didn't get the part.

Isn't he playing Ghost Rider, though?

I won't mind that. Just stay away from Supes, shrimpy boy.

Shinobi

The Take Out Bandit said:

Don't be hatin' on Luke Cage!

388px-Pmif50.jpg

Heroes for Hire muthafucka!

And BTW, there isn't much that's more pretentious and annoying then child names by celebrities...they're just ridiculous.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I think its an OK name, only comic-nerds will know where it's from so id saying the bullying opportunities are slight at best.

Id rather be Kal-el than Oregon or some shit.

Ghost said:
I think its an OK name, only comic-nerds will know where it's from so id saying the bullying opportunities are slight at best.

Id rather be Kal-el than Oregon or some shit.

yeah its not that bad, id rather be Kal-el than what...Apple? wtf kinda name is that?

SonicMegaDrive said:
Isn't he playing Ghost Rider, though?

Yes Nicholas Cage is playing Ghost Rider, and if you look hard enough you can find an unfinished teaser trailer from this year's ComicCon online.

He should have named the kid Luke Cage.

It was nice of him to put the Coppalla(sp) in there, though.

I guess when the kid will be hanging out with Jet Travolta, Apple, Blanket Jackson, and whatever hippie names the other actors out there will think of...he'll be just fine. He's destined to be famous with a name like that. Just like the Phoenix kids.

And TTOB, I was wrong about the Nick, but I was right about the Cage. :)

ManaByte

Gold Member
He's probably more pissed over Lisa Marie Presley making him sell his entire comic collection. :lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Why woudl he be pissed about the movie? He was signed, HE GOT PAID and the project, in that form, was canceled. So he got a huge amount of money for doign squat. As for the name, i've heard he's a comic geek.

Kevin Smith named his daughter Harley Quinn

That idiot Drew McWeeny (aka Moriarty) at AICN named his kid Toshiro Lucas. Toshiro Lucas McWeeny. Just imagine the sheer number of schoolyard beatings awaiting this poor child. At least Cage's kid can go by "Kal," which sounds a helluva lot more normal.

G-Fex

A comic name ? At least it's better than the other stars mentioned named their kids.

When I have a daughter I'll name her B. Jenet. (yes after the garou character)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>He's probably more pissed over Lisa Marie Presley making him sell his entire comic collection. <<<

He caved on that? What a pussy.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Mrs. Manky said:
He should have named the kid Luke Cage.

It was nice of him to put the Coppalla(sp) in there, though.

I guess when the kid will be hanging out with Jet Travolta, Apple, Blanket Jackson, and whatever hippie names the other actors out there will think of...he'll be just fine. He's destined to be famous with a name like that. Just like the Phoenix kids.

And TTOB, I was wrong about the Nick, but I was right about the Cage. :)
:lol

think blanket will use his last name, too, or just go by Blanket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom