• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nine Inch Nails doing the music for Tron: Ares

ManaByte

Gold Member

J Peterman No GIF

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I was holding onto the slimmest amount of hope that Daft Punk would reunite just for this movie. Oh well 🥲

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I trust Reznor, The Downward Spiral was the album of my high school years and early 20’s.

Literally and figuratively.
The Fragile and Pretty Hate Machine were my first albums and the rest later on. The downward Spiral and Further Down the Spiral bring back fond memories.

Have you seen them play live? I've been fortunate enough to see them twice. The first time was at the London Astoria and second time was at Brixton Academy.

midnightAI

The Fragile and Pretty Hate Machine were my first albums and the rest later on. The downward Spiral and Further Down the Spiral bring back fond memories.

Have you seen them play live? I've been fortunate enough to see them twice. The first time was at the London Astoria and second time was at Brixton Academy.
I saw them at the Manchester Academy, they are awesome live

SJRB

Gold Member
Reznor and Ross have incredible soundtracks under their belt so this is going to be amazing regardless of how the movie will turn out.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I used to listen to NIN all the time and have seen them live loads of times, but later era stuff has left me pretty cold, which I have pettily blamed on Atticus Ross greater prominence.

I have no point to make other than that. It's not even really a point. I just wanted to grumble.*

Interesting that they're calling it a NIN soundtrack though, maybe they'll do something other than slightly detuned synths...

*To balance it out, here's some enthusiasm, seeing NIN on the Fragility 2.0 tour in (oh god) 1999 is probably one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Certainly one of the ones I look back on most fondly, but then, they pulled it out of the bag again in 2014. Both shows are some of the best multimedia experiences I've ever had. Now that every stage is just a massive video wall, it still blows me away what NIN achieved and how nobody seems to be challenging them.

Last edited:

Toons

They are a great fit. We'll see if they manage to one-up the incredible score of Daft Punk.

I mean I'm not expecting them too. DP was on a playing field entirely their own during that era. I do hope they give the franchise a memorable and rejuvenated motif.

Its gonna be interesting for sure. I can see myself buying this one on vinyl

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I think Reznor is a great musician, bit the Daft Punk Tron soundtrack is one of the best of all time.

dave_d

I hope it’s good. Admittedly I hope we get a great animated series to go with it like last time. (I really thought Tron Uprising was something special)

Locutus

This is perfect. Nine Inch Nails fits the esthetic but are just different enough from Daft Punk that they can avoid a direct comparison. I think Disney nailed it here.

Top Bottom