• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.12.5 - Dec. 5th, 6AM EST (JP), 12 PM EST (NA), 5PM GMT

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
So aside from Pikmin that was boring, probably the most boring Nintendo Direct I've watched.

IrishNinja

ChiedidyouseeGAFsheesh.gif

well, i for one like knowing pikmin 3 and game & wario are still games, that's something!

megatons clearly reserved for NOA NOE

Hope NA is better.

this is you setting yourself up for disappointment, like cashing your retirement in to play powerball

Mistle

Dunno why people expected anything more from a "launch" focused ND?

Awesome Pikmin footage was good enough for me. Now if the English ones give some release dates on WU/3DS games, I'll be happy

Floex

*sigh*

Haven't given up hope for later but Nintendo have to understand why people aren't buying this console

and a special thanks to this nintendo direct for strengthening my resolve not to purchase a wii u anytime soon.

You've got two more to get disappointed at first!

*sigh*

Haven't given up hope for later but Nintendo have to understand why people aren't buying this console

What? Its the Japanese launch and their introducing it, what were you expecting?
Also we know it is selling.

Delio

ending with fucking google maps

ibratAlAduLc5G.jpg

Literally my reaction. Ah well Pikmin looked lovely so theres that.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Worth watching just for Lego Iwata holding a carrot.

Galang

Banned
I'm not worried about the other NDs. I just want release dates for the 3DS titles, which I assume we'll get this time.. Hopefully more 3DS colors too

BowieZ

Banned
oh well, it was good practice for the true megaton Direct early '13. Future WiiU & 3DS announcements!! *salivates*

Rootbeer

Banned
They don't need to push out a direct every 2 or 3 weeks... please save it for when you actually have some stuff to show.

Muku

After watching that, I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth staying up to watch the NA one. Ugh. :(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Guys, it was a Direct just for Wii U Japanese launch, why so disappointed? :p

Demoli

Never had hope for japan considering they said beforehand it was a launch line up showing and WiiU only.

Can't wait for All the Bravest on europe stream
;_;

Maybe they're just subverting our expectations and NOA will have the megatons?

It'll be like an ark... an ark of wonders and glories untold by previous Nintendo consoles. A NOA's ark, if you will.

It's like they want people to wait 6 months before they buy it.
Also, is it just me or is it weird that companies like Ubisoft don't bother to localize their logos for Japan? I mean come on, it's not that fucking hard.

Delio

I'm not worried about the other NDs. I just want release dates for the 3DS titles, which I assume we'll get this time.. Hopefully more 3DS colors too

Kinda what im hoping for. Dates for 3Ds stuff..hopefully Animal crossing dates. *prays*

They don't need to push out a direct every 2 or 3 weeks... please save it for when you actually have some stuff to show.
You are aware that Wii U launches in Japan in a few days? This was pretty necessary.

Reserving judgement on the Western Directs until we actually see them.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Never had hope for japan considering they said beforehand it was a launch line up showing and WiiU only.

Can't wait for All the Bravest on europe stream
;_;

So glad the 3DS is included in the other ones. Wii U is Nintendo's most boring console ever.

GamerSoul

Japan Launch summary? I guess it was ok then. One day we'll get some Smash info...one day.

And yea I'm a bit surprised they didn't show Bayonetta 2 or 101. They will probably be there on the next batch of reveals.

Stewox

Banned
Panorama View is a must-have tool for every nintendo HQ infiltrator.

When they shown the HQ's it was Gigaton

This is a killer feature, it may be expanded to filming while you walk and adding to the server for others to see or isn't that already, i don't undestand japanese.

I am not a person that is easily , i have hype but it takes great stuff to get over that nuclear point , for example at E3 2012 it was reggie saying "my body was ready",

I screamed "yes" a few times over this as it came so unexpectedly, it's nuts.

Well, here we go again:
it_prints_money.jpg

I mean JUST LOOK they were showing the NOA HQ from those sidewalks inside the fence where Google Camera didn't get and into the parking lot, i was sneaking to watch NOA HQ on GE just a few weeks ago and didn't get much from all those trees blocking the view, this is huge for those hardcorest fans!!!!!!!!

Wario is 'early 2013' but still didn't get adate. Plus, January is still empty.

There'll be a regular direct post launch to cover 3ds/wii u for Jan/Feb here.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
People forget that WiiU hasn't been released in Japan yet.

After watching that, I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth staying up to watch the NA one. Ugh. :(

Well, JP hasn't gotten WiiU yet.

On the other hand, US will probably get 3DS announcements people have heard but haven't been released in US.

Phazon

People need to learn that this is Nintendo's new way to share information (not always new announcements) with people instead of sending out huge press messages.

Top Bottom