• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo DS JPN - Reservation and Shipments

Jonnyram

Yeah, I read yesterday that initial shipments will be painfully small. I expect the same in the US too. Is it unfortunate that Nov 3rd is also a holiday? Meh, I'll have to get up early just to pre-order!

Tim

I'm really curious to see how much gba's sales will decrease with the introduction of the DS.

Teddman

Tim said:
I'm really curious to see how much gba's sales will decrease with the introduction of the DS.
Probably will be very hard to measure accurately, since GBA sales are going to rise as the holiday season approaches anyway. I don't think the NDS will have that much of an effect, it's going to sell out too fast.

Dragmire

I thought there were going to be 4 million units shipped by the end of this fiscal year in March. Didn't they say that at E3? Since the bulk of sales are going to occur during the holiday, why are the shipping numbers so small now? I'm just worried I won't be able to acquire one this year. I'm hesitant to preorder because I'm not positive I'll have the money at launch.

Jonnyram

1 million in Japan by end of 2004 and presumably 1 million+ in the US. Another 2 million by the end of March doesn't seem too out of reach.

ferricide

Jonnyram said:
1 million in Japan by end of 2004 and presumably 1 million+ in the US. Another 2 million by the end of March doesn't seem too out of reach.
at the gamers summit, nintendo said there would be 1m shipped in the US in calendar 2004.

Deg

Banned
Guns N' Poops said:
Any idiot still buying a GBA as the NDS is out either doesn't have the money, or is completely retarded.

Then there are going to be alot of retards around the place ;)

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I would not want to play GBA games on the DS if I had the option of using an SP. There's no real advantage of using the DS for standard GBA games. Part of me actually wishes they kept off GBA compatibility to make it a little bit more compact.

The GBAsp will continue to sell just fine.

Top Bottom