• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo DS media format - max size? price? technology?

FoneBone said:
I don't think RE2 was the only 512-megabit N64 game -- weren't Majora's Mask and Conker that big, too?
Majora's Mask was also 32 MB. Conker might've been the same size as RE2, though. And on the general topic of big N64 games, I believe Ogre Battle was 40 MB = 320 megabits.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
the only two N64 games that were 512 Mbits were Pokemon Stadium 3 and RE2. OB 64 was either 320 or 384 Mbits. Those three games were the biggest ones on the N64.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Is there any particular reason to believe there won't be a memory card that plugs into the GBA slot? They did mention that that slot could be used for "accessories".

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
because there's no need for a memory card when you have conductor memory that has save features?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Drat. Read the IGN story late...

Wouldn't it be CHEAPER to produce the things sans-memory, though? Adding an eprom or flash memory to each card seems like it might get expensive in the long run (albiet not by much, perhaps), compared to making a stand alone memory card...

I was under the impression that the matrix memory itself could be written to by a consumer device, but only once... wouldn't that be a problem for memory storage? If so, and you have to add something to the card to allow saving, why not just go with a stand alone memory card?

Top Bottom