• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo DS not at Game Stars Live

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=ret&aid=4052

Nintendo DS not at Game Stars Live
Rob Fahey 16:31 25/08/2004

Ninty bringing plenty to London consumer show, but new handheld stays under wraps

The forthcoming Nintendo DS handheld console won't be shown off at the Game Stars Live show in London next week, as some had hoped, although Nintendo will have an extensive line-up on its stand at the show.

The firm will be showing off titles including Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Donkey Konga and Animal Crossing on the GameCube, while GBA owners will get to see the new Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green titles and The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, among others.

However, there's no sign of the Nintendo DS in the company's line-up, which was announced today. Although it always seemed an outside chance at best, it had been hoped that the double-screened handheld would make its first public appearance at Game Stars Live, following its unveiling at E3.

Nintendo is also eschewing the Tokyo Games Show in late September, preferring to promote the DS at a number of smaller nationwide events ahead of its Japanese launch later this year.

jarrod

Banned
sonycowboy said:
However, there's no sign of the Nintendo DS in the company's line-up, which was announced today. Although it always seemed an outside chance at best, it had been hoped that the double-screened handheld would make its first public appearance at Game Stars Live, following its unveiling at E3.
Er, hasn't DS been playable at two events already post E3 (in NYC and London iirc)?

Deg

Banned
gamesindustry.biz are incredibly vague. How do they know its not there as a 'taster list' mentioning the same games here was given AGES ago? Is this the same news but posted a month late?

akascream

Banned
I just don't think the DS will be out this year. Didn't we have actual gba game footage this close to its own launch?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
akascream said:
I just don't think the DS will be out this year. Didn't we have actual gba game footage this close to its own launch?
DS is november this year. Be there or be square. We got some promotional info at work (nothing we didn't already know) and a firm "November" out of the nintendo rep when he came in and fixed our kisok so the hot donkey konga demo worked again.

Look for the percise date to be revealed on Sept. 1, ( along with launch games, price etc. I expect though I am not sure.)

akascream said:
Didn't we have actual gba game footage this close to its own launch?
DS launch is three months from now, right? Let's take a look at what was in the news three months prior to the GBA's launch.

Not exactly an avalanche of info.

EDIT: And if you look at when the info starts to come out, we only get Mario Advance's title leaked in early January and screens around the 12th... only two months before the system came out.

OMG GBA LAUNCH = TEH DELAYED! WONDERSWAN WINS

GDGF

Soothsayer
scola said:
DS is november this year. Be there or be square. We got some promotional info at work (nothing we didn't already know) and a firm "November" out of the nintendo rep when he came in and fixed our kisok so the hot donkey konga demo worked again.

Look for the percise date to be revealed on Sept. 1, ( along with launch games, price etc. I expect though I am not sure.)

This quote could have been a thread in itself :)

Great freaking news!

Auron

The DS will make it out this year, no doubt about it. Nintendo's just keeping things close to their chest due to the PSP.

Top Bottom