• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Father_Brain said:
Is it just me, or has Capcom not announced any Wii titles yet? I imagine that this will change tomorrow.
I hope that does change tomorrow. They were the third party that got the most lovin' from my Cube.

Jonnyram

Father_Brain said:
Is it just me, or has Capcom not announced any Wii titles yet? I imagine that this will change tomorrow.
Capcom hasn't announced much of anything yet. I think you're gonna see something later in the week. Monster Hunter 3 was announced for PS3 today, but that's about the only next-gen stuff I've seen from them for E3 so far.

8bit

Knows the Score
hotornot8uy.jpg

Chrono

Banned
After the sony conference, it's now more than ever that I want Wii to have some decent specs... I could see Wii taking over japan and all of my gaming is from jpn developers. :'(

They also need to include the shell and allow developers to use it, not just restrict it to virtual console games... PLEASE, Nintendo.....

Oh and Mario Galaxy is growing on me... cool name. :D

PkunkFury

Jonnyram said:
Capcom hasn't announced much of anything yet. I think you're gonna see something later in the week.

Please tell me this is Phoenix Wright Wii with Wiimote pointing accusations

Mario Galaxy huh? Cool. God, this conference can't start soon enough. It is the day of reckoning for us Ntards! I liked Sony's conference (well some of it) but this one can SMOKE IT.

Chrono

Banned
Ok folks, last time to speculate/predict... :D

- LAST SECRET: That PR rep said you'd be surprised if you're only expecting the nunchucks gyros to be at E3... Ninty has something here. My guess is that it has to do with the DISPLAY. yes, 3D? I don't know... :lol But Iwata kept mentioning from E3 2004 and emphasized this last E3 that the way Wii interacts with the TV/WI-FI/CONTROLLER is the fundamental difference that sets it apart. Revmote can't be the whole story... And don't tell me Iwata didn't expect sony to copy. They have something else....

- GRAPHICS: dual core cpu, ~X800 gpu. Believe, bitches. The reason Nintendo didn't give out advanced dev kits is because a) it'd be easier to get games up and running, and they wanted devs to focus on the controller at first b) hardware isn't ready, and going from that bauman reporter from byond3d hollywood, Wii's gpu, is the "most customized" of the 3 consoles.

- HOLLYWOOD + BROADWAY: GAF's Shiggy runs/posts at a forum with this insider that told them about both the revmote and the DS Lite... He also says there's more innovation to come and said something like "why do you think the chips are called hollywood/broadway".... hmmm...

It'll all be over in a few hours people!

AniHawk

Chrono said:

- LAST SECRET: That PR rep said you'd be surprised if you're only expecting the nunchucks gyros to be at E3... Ninty has something here. My guess is that it has to do with the DISPLAY. yes, 3D? I don't know... :lol But Iwata kept mentioning from E3 2004 and emphasized this last E3 that the way Wii interacts with the TV/WI-FI/CONTROLLER is the fundamental difference that sets it apart. Revmote can't be the whole story... And don't tell me Iwata didn't expect sony to copy. They have something else....

- GRAPHICS: dual core cpu, ~X800 gpu. Believe, bitches. The reason Nintendo didn't give out advanced dev kits is because a) it'd be easier to get games up and running, and they wanted devs to focus on the controller at first b) hardware isn't ready, and going from that bauman reporter from byond3d hollywood, Wii's gpu, is the "most customized" of the 3 consoles.

- HOLLYWOOD + BROADWAY: GAF's Shiggy runs/posts at a forum with this insider that told them about both the revmote and the DS Lite... He also says there's more innovation to come and said something like "why do you think the chips are called hollywood/broadway".... hmmm...

HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLMEEEEEEEEEEEET

Roelatie

Chrono said:

Thank god, i cant wait much longer

MUST KNOW!

Chrono

Banned
MARIO MARIO MARIO MARIO MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!1111

WE ALL ARE ISAMUS TODAY :lol :lol :lol

IT'S COMING BITCHES REVOLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTIONNNNN!!!!! :D :D

Please .... please .... please ... please

Let Mario be good.

No more Sunshine stuff.

Let it be

Let it be

Let it be

Oh, let it beeee ....

John_Lennon.JPG

soundwave05 said:
Please .... please .... please ... please

Let Mario be good.

No more Sunshine stuff.

At this point i'd gladly take another Sunshine. It wasn't as good as Mario 64 but it was still better than the majority of 3D platformers since M64.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I won't, Sunshine was boring... Mario 64 was godly I was replaying the game today and although the graphics looks dated as hell the gameplay rocks so fucking much.

oh and Ghost level for the fucking win :)

SolidSnakex said:
At this point i'd gladly take another Sunshine. It wasn't as good as Mario 64 but it was still better than the majority of 3D platformers since M64.

Agreed that SMS is underrated.

It controls better than pretty much any 3D platformer IMO ... the stuff you can pull off in the game is ridiculously smooth.

But we need Mario in lots of different environments ... not just one setting.

soundwave05 said:
Agreed that SMS is underrated.

It controls better than pretty much any 3D platformer IMO ... the stuff you can pull off in the game is ridiculously smooth.

I still prefer M64's control just because of the long jump. Playing through different levels with that and figuring out new of getting through them was alot of fun.

soundwave05 said:
But we need Mario in lots of different environments ... not just one setting.

That was really my biggest problem with the settings. Especially since one of my favorite levels in Mario 64 was Cool Cool Mountain.

RSP

Ok boys, it's our time to fly.

let's make this thread skyrocket :D

mah-ree-o

mah-ree-o!

mah-ree-oo!!

MAH-REE-OOO

MAH-REE-OOO!!

MAH-REE-OOO!!!!

Emotions

Error2k4 said:
I won't, Sunshine was boring... Mario 64 was godly I was replaying the game today and although the graphics looks dated as hell the gameplay rocks so fucking much.

oh and Ghost level for the fucking win :)

SMS controls better than Mario64 , it just needed more variety . I loved it anyways.

Krowley

yeah, mario really is the true face of nintendo... way beyond zelda or anything else as an iconic franchise.

This will probably be the centerpiece of the conference and hopefully it's got a really clever design. It's the one thing they've kept reserved for the show. Many people even questioned it's existence a couple of days ago. The secrecy surrounding it is intense.

I can't deny my hype for this game. It has to deliver. If the name is true (mario galaxy), i love it and i love it's implications.

well a few space areas aren't out of the question. Mario hasn't been to space in ages.

Anyone else think Nintendo has a few things up their sleave? I also wouldn't be surprised if Reggie makes fun of Sony :lol

Top Bottom