• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Scrow said:
mariogif.gif

:)

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
Tonche said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned but its related to the hint above. From Matt's blog on Saturday the 6th. Interesting edit @ #4!:

http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/2006/05/06/

yeah we caught that a while back. yeah matt's an idiot. yeah, mario is gonna be there (probably/hopefully/better be playable).

DrGAKMAN said:
I've said this in a couple of threads already and we'll soon find out if I'm right. The first 2 have already happened:
-TGS-Nintendo shows the Wiimote controller earlier than we all thought, it's very puzzling 'cos of them being afraid of "stealing" it
-E3 2006-Sony pretty much "steals" it (in a way)
-E3 2006-Nintendo counters with something big* (camera, so as to double trump Sony's EyeToy) knowing all along that Sony would "steal" it

i agree with 3, but we know of the speaker, and they said in the egm article that there was no camera (or something along those lines). i think it has something to do with wi-fi service

Honestly I'm pretty excited to see Sonic Wild Fire running on the Wii. Sounds like a great idea and a return to form (solo adventure!). Hope we get some videos soon.

evilromero said:
Honestly I'm pretty excited to see Sonic Wild Fire running on the Wii. Sounds like a great idea and a return to form (solo adventure!). Hope we get some videos soon.

Whhhat? Its just Sonic? Well then +1 for that. I was excited about the PS3/360 Sonic until I learned it was another mutl character adventure. But if this is just Sonic then i'll get it over that game.

Diffense

Maybe Mario won't be playable. Nintendo has a way of changing plans at the last minute. Sony's stunt might dissaude them from revealing just how they put the motion sensitive controller to use in that game. Unfortunately for E3 observers, Nintendo's fear of being rapidly copied was proven to be justified.

I'd rather wait and seen videos of the Sonic, I don't really have high hopes for it though... 3D Sonic? Blech.

Gimme Mario. :)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
with the speaker in the wiimote now my geekness screams for a fucking star wars game now.

press the big A button to turn on the lightsaber, the speaker could make the lightsaber sound effects. I don't care if it gets old after 5 minutes I need to try something like that.

SolidSnakex said:
Whhhat? Its just Sonic? Well then +1 for that. I was excited about the PS3/360 Sonic until I learned it was another mutl character adventure. But if this is just Sonic then i'll get it over that game.
Only Sonic and a return of the mozaic tiles and palm trees. Let's keep our fingers crossed Sega can pull it off.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Error2k4 said:
with the speaker in the wiimote now my geekness screams for a fucking star wars game now.

press the big A button to turn on the lightsaber, the speaker could make the lightsaber sound effects. I don't care if it gets old after 5 minutes I need to try something like that.
apparently the speaker isn't high fidelity, so don't expect awesome sound fx

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
Diffense said:
Maybe Mario won't be playable. Nintendo has a way of changing plans at the last minute. Sony's stunt might dissaude them from revealing just how they put the motion sensitive controller to use in that game.

stunt is a good word. i think it was a stunt, bc the rest of that show basically confirmed (at least my own) worst fears: $600, warhawk looking a little drab, etc.... im pretty sure general opinion is sony couldve done so much more.

i think if anything, nintendo is just going to go all out. they have theoppurtunity to overshadow sony completely. ...so either way it goes, fanboys ready your tissues.

i have classes off and on all day. may the force be with you all. good [day] and good luck.

spppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnddd

Johnas

Looks like I'll be able to leave work early and catch the conference live.

I used GameSpot last night for Sony, and it crapped out before Metal Gear came up (really the only reason I was watching). Anybody know which site performed best last night? I'm gonna be sick if I miss Metroid footage just because the stream didn't hold up.

lancubap

Diffense said:
Maybe Mario won't be playable. Nintendo has a way of changing plans at the last minute. Sony's stunt might dissaude them from revealing just how they put the motion sensitive controller to use in that game. Unfortunately for E3 observers, Nintendo's fear of being rapidly copied was proven to be justified.

Yeah. I remember that last E3 a TON of people said that it was a shame that Nintendo didn't present the controller. What Nintendo didn't know, is that PS3 would have been deleayed from Q1 2006 to Q4 2006: this gave more time to Sony to copy the Wiimote.

Well, playable or not, I WANT to see Super Mario 128 !!!

DrGAKMAN said:
-E3 2006-Nintendo counters with something big*

I expect this, i think they set the bait with the controller at TGS and Sony took it, i think we'll get something else, pretty simple, but with BIG implications
$199 with pack in Mario>?

lancubap

Ancestor said:

I used GameSpot last night for Sony, and it crapped out before Metal Gear came up (really the only reason I was watching). Anybody know which site performed best last night? I'm gonna be sick if I miss Metroid footage just because the stream didn't hold up.

Nintendo-Difference, but it is in French. Try with N-Sider or GameDaily.biz: they updates both the conference live, but without the video.

Ancestor said:

I don't think anyone but GameSpot had the feed last night. Nintendo's conference will have multiple websites carrying it though. Hopefully that spreads out the viewers.

Johnas

Netrunner2k2 said:
I don't think anyone but GameSpot had the feed last night. Nintendo's conference will have multiple websites carrying it though. Hopefully that spreads out the viewers.

Oh, OK, thanks (and to lancubap). I'm glad to hear that, hopefully that'll help.

master15

Keep expectations level folks, after Sony's dissapointing showing yesterday it's really given both Microsoft and Nintendo a fantastic advantage to launch their stuff particulary the latter, but it seems for every good move Nintendo makes they make to cock-ups in the process. So I am not holding my breath.

5.30 pm for Londoners? It's on! :)

HomShaBom

Banned
Beezy said:
*sigh* I woke up earlier han I expected. Now I'm excited and I can't go back to sleep. :(

Multiple Nintendo characters? Please be Smash Brothers.

Mario + Twilight Princess + SSB = Greatest launch ever

I immediately thought SSB when I saw those characters

Totally inconsequential but ... isn't it weird that Nintendo's conference is at 9.30?
For Iwata/Miyamoto and anyone else from Japan, that's like 1.30am!
I mean, that's a major case of jetlag, not something i'd like to deal with on one of the most important day's in the companies history!

Then again Nintendo employees are probably always burning the midnight oil!

ant1532

Banned
Ancestor said:

Here is who is LIVE streaming it
GameSpot -http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html
IGN (subscribes only i think) - http://livewire.ign.com/
GameTrailers - http://www.gametrailers.com/nintendoconference.php
1up - http://e3.1up.com/

Text updates
Wii.Advancedmn - http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=6709

HomShaBom

Banned
the androgyne said:
Totally inconsequential but ... isn't it weird that Nintendo's conference is at 9.30?
I mean, that's a major case of jetlag, not something i'd like to deal with on one of the most important day's in the companies history!

They've probably been in the states for a few days.

Beezy

the androgyne said:

Someone made a thread about how he met Miyamoto last night. He (Miyamoto) was walking around by himself. I think this was after Sony's conference.

maxmars

Non sequitur, but.. If I was Nintendo, I would make a lot of ironic references to holograms, projectors and stuff during the conference and in the booth appearance. :D

That's the first thing that came to mind looking at the booth pic. Luigi's Manion on Wii would absolutely rock, throw in MP and you're set.

Wollan said:
Is this conference long or what. Gamespot have it takin up between 2 and 3 hours at their schedule.

Nintendos conference usually aren't long because they just pack a shitload of games into it and don't worry about everything else like Sony and MS do with their conferences.

dreamkats

sorry to bother you guys, but I cannot find the appropriated topic, so here's a question:

If I get right now a monthly subscription at gamespot, will I be able to watch the nintendo conference when it starts?

Silly question for sure, but i just got out of my exams and am totally disappointed (and don't want to watch it on a free website)

thanks

Beezy

dreamkats said:
sorry to bother you guys, but I cannot find the appropriated topic, so here's a question:

If I get right now a monthly subscription at gamespot, will I be able to watch the nintendo conference when it starts?

Silly question for sure, but i just got out of my exams and am totally disappointed (and don't want to watch it on a free website)

thanks

You don't need an account to watch it. Just go to Gamespot's E3 site.

Krowley

Wollan said:
Is this conference long or what. Gamespot have it takin up between 2 and 3 hours at their schedule.

one reason it might be longer is because you almost have to demonstrate every game on stage to get the full effect. You can't just show a video (at least not of the major stuff) you have to go on stage and explain how it uses the controller.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
alright sorry scarlet, but I'm putting my Ntard hat now. the parodius avatar can wait.

Shmmeee

YES!! I'm in, I thought I'd be locked out for the entire conference. Just wanted to say how hyped I am about this, even with the leaks and Sony's attempt at a wiimote.

As much as I can't wait to see more of Zelda, I really hope they don't spend too long on it. Today should be all about the new ways to play on Wii, I want live Tennis, Mario, Pikmin demos, Reggie kicking Sony's ass, some Shiggy cosplay, the works.

dkeane

Wow I'm getting excited. I hope to see Smash Brothers, Mario and some Metroid. Also I can't wait to see what crazy new games Nintendo have come up with. ALL SYSTEMS GO!

Microsoft better hope they start on time!

Top Bottom