• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo has officially stopped repairing the Wii U

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
They all die from NAND failure. At least we have good emulation for this console (PCMR wins again)

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
What?
Why? Anything we can do to prevent that?
There's a video here (with a crap clickbait title)

Nothing is concrete yet, some think it's certain Hynix chips but info is all over the place. I haven't checked for a while so I'm unsure if there's been a breakthrough in information or a solution.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Wii U Wii U Wii U~~~~~

Rescue Emergency GIF

killatopak

Gold Member
Honestly a great system plagued by shitty specs. I would love a more modern take on Wii U with enough power to spare.

I like the Switch but I fucking miss the Wii U.

Kumomeme

without the failure of Wii U, we wont get Switch.

the console 'fix' all the major problem with Wii U. from the reveal, naming, messaging, devs support & architecture and the launch timing. if the console doesnt exist or doesnt even perform in similliar 'bad' way, we gonna get different kind of Switch console.

if Sony learned the hardest way from PS3, then Nintendo are with Wii U.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
What?
Why? Anything we can do to prevent that?
The running theory (that I known of) is that the memory begins to break down after long periods of no current running through them. That's why you will see people say to "turn it on everyone in awhile".

Fbh

If your gamepad dies you can try sending it in to Fisher Price, maybe they'll mistake it for one of their products.

Seriously though I guess it's understandable. Had my fun with the system but I sold mine years ago.

Top Bottom