• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Movie Theater Ad, New?

Matt

I don’t know if this is new or old, but when I saw Collateral today, a trailer for Baten Kaitos, MP2:E, and Resident Evil was before it. It was actually a pretty cool “Who Are You?” ad, with cuts of dark alleyways and other sceneries and different people with captions like “Special Agent” for RE4 and “Bounty Hunter” for MP.

Well the ad is new, but the music certainly isn't. Ten years later and we're still hearing Rob Zombie's More Human Than Human. Pretty good mix of it too.

Auron

Yes that ad rocks! Baten Kaitos's caption is "Avenger", and the tag line for the ad is "You are what you play. Who are you?"

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I saw a flash banner ad on Gamespot.com with the "Who are you" tagline, featuring the same 3 games

Penguin

I saw a commercial similar to that on TV without Resident Evil 4 though.

It had Avenger for Baten

It had Rouge Agent for GoldenEye

And Bounty Hunter for Metroid Prime 2

Memles

Gasp...*Checks Watch*...

*Checks Release Dates of the Games in Question*

*Checks Watch Again*

Those games don't come out for like...months.

What the fuck did you do to my Nintendo, Reggie?!?!

Alcibiades

does my quicktime suck, the first time it will usually play movies, but then it'll just be sound and no video, has happened with both streaming and downloaded...

also, the commercial was cool, they better play it a whole lot...

btw, how did you find that Wario 64, in other words, from Nintendo.com, what did you click on, it seems to be pretty obscurely hidden...

AniHawk

Wow, that's actually a pretty good commercial for the GC. Hope it pays off for Nintendo. Their system will really need some help come November.

And I can't believe it's been nearly a year since Who Are You? started. Seems like they finally got the message across with this one though.

Alcibiades

AniHawk said:
Wow, that's actually a pretty good commercial for the GC. Hope it pays off for Nintendo. Their system will really need some help come November.

but PS2 and XBox will need some help come 8/30 :)

god. that ad was horrible. Games looked brilliant. Prime as usual was fantastic. Could they have picked any more nerdier looking guys. The two sandy blondes were uber geeks. And the footage of the actors was too handphone/mobile producty; too clean.

Urgh @ the geek type lamos.

* THANKS for the link Wario + Olimario ;)

Andy787

Banned
I'd have to agree. The footage looked fantastic (especially how they editted Rogue Agent's stuff, almost made it look like a good game :p), but those people in the ads completely ruined it. I'm not the kind of person that is ashamed of geeks or whatever, but nerds using Power Ranger poses, pretending to look like a badasses is pretty lame :p The Rob Zombie track actually went well with the Prime stuff, too.

Top Bottom