• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preview Tour coming to various cities in NA (Including Toronto)

Brofield

Still waiting for my Toronto invite (MYNINTENDO IS SO GREAT KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK)

But in the meantime I'll definitely book off work on Jan 29th. Then the rest of the weekend as well just in case.

I hate this shit, everyone ignores south Florida dispose us having a huge gaming community. Let's go where it's fucking freezing and no one wants to go outside, Instead of a nice sunny place.

AdanVC

So last tour is on March 5th... I predict NS will launch two weeks after that (March 17)

Friday March 17, 2017.

Man... I would 100% go to NYC for the public day if it wasn't listed as "first come, first served". A 4-hour trip isn't worth it if I might not even have a chance to try it out. Can't wait to see impressions from those who do get the chance to try it out. I'll "hopefully" be getting my pre-order in that weekend while buckling in for a long wait. March can't come soon enough!

OmegaFax

Won't there be store demos nationwide by the time the Switch release? The NYC stuff seems like icing on the cake but SXSW and PAX are almost release promo stuff and probably nothing special unless they're demoing games yet to be announced.

Smeags

Charlotte never gets any Nintendo love. Hasn't even gotten a Symphony of the Goddess nod in all the years they've been touring. 😔

M3d10n

In addition to these tour stops, Nintendo will bring Nintendo Switch and launch games to PAX South in San Antonio (Jan. 27-29), PAX East in Boston (March 10-12) and SXSW in Austin, Texas (March 16-18). Anyone that misses out on the Preview Tour can catch Nintendo Switch at one of these events.

This means it's not launching any earlier than that, right? Damn, I was planning to stretch my trip to GDC a bit to grab a Switch, but staying for two more weeks would cost me more than the Switch itself.

Kacho

Gold Member
If this is anything like the Wii U thing they did it's going to be a show. People please remember to wear deodorant.

I got an invite to this, live in NYC.

I am going to RSVP but should I expect a madhouse if I go. Like how do they determine who gets an invite..I would imagine they sent out a shitload of them

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Enjoy it, TorontoGAF.

IrishNinja

Aww, why don't they want to come to Florida? :/

came to this thread to ask this very question
god knows i missed their best buy event a few years back and my one shot at a coin from THE YEAR OF LUIGI

Blue states only. Sorry.

harsh, but fair

I hate this shit, everyone ignores south Florida dispose us having a huge gaming community. Let's go where it's fucking freezing and no one wants to go outside, Instead of a nice sunny place.

usernameuote, also strong +1

Kintaco

Damn the L.A. one is a week after my last chemo treatment. Might be cutting it too close, but what a way to celebrate.

Nice to get a win every now and then. I'm sure it won't be too long before it's time to take a loss again. February 12, I'll add it to the usual annual reasons I typically take off work around this time: my birthday, the super bowl, to hedge against snow trapping me at work/having to brave snow to get to work, and my favorite this year Nintendo Switch.

EDarkness

Surprised that they aren't going to be in the Seattle area. Gonna be in most of the big cities except the big city their headquarters is in. Crazy. I hope they have something here at some point.

In addition to these tour stops, Nintendo will bring Nintendo Switch and launch games to PAX South in San Antonio (Jan. 27-29), PAX East in Boston (March 10-12) and SXSW in Austin, Texas (March 16-18). Anyone that misses out on the Preview Tour can catch Nintendo Switch at one of these events.

Welp, now I got something to do during my Spring Break.

Unless there's no hands on demo of the Switch, then that'd ruin my day

Brofield

Out of curiosity, has anyone besides those in New York City received invites for the event?

I guess it might make sense they'll reserve sending them until they lock down and announce the locations. I'm just trying to think where they would host such a thing. MTCC is a little too big. Maybe the Steamwhistle Brewery event space?

DVG

My brother just got an email from Nintendo and was invited to the Toronto date for the 28th! He gets two tickets so I'm going with him! Does anyone know how limited these are? Also it's in the convention center for anybody wondering.

My brother just got an email from Nintendo and was invited to the Toronto date for the 28th! He gets two tickets so I'm going with him! Does anyone know how limited these are? Also it's in the convention center for anybody wondering.

I GOT ONE TOO!!! O_O

Says 30 left as of now.

Cowie

in the DC area, got an e-mail from Nintendo around 2:00pm to 'look out for' an e-mail from Eventbrite regarding the actual event.

And so begins the staring anxiously at my inbox.

Top Bottom