• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch - Preview Tour (North America)

wachie

New York
Sunday, January 15, 2017
Time: 10 a.m. ET (Doors open)
Add to calendar
Note: This is a secret venue and is not listed on map programs. The entrance is located one door south of the Hotel Eventi main entrance (towards 29th street).
Please do not arrive earlier than 7 a.m. ET, as lines will not begin forming until that time.

Toronto
Sunday, January 29, 2017
Time: 10 a.m. ET (doors open)
Location: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Hall A, 222 Bremner Blvd, Toronto
Add to calendar
Note: Exhibit hall A is located in the North building. The entrance is situated at 255 Front Street West, between the InterContinental Toronto Centre to the east, and the CN Tower and Rogers Centre to the west.
Please do not arrive earlier than 7 a.m. ET, as lines will not begin forming until that time.

Washington D.C.
Sunday, February 12, 2017
Time: TBA

Chicago
Sunday, February 19, 2017

San Francisco
Sunday, February 26, 2017

Los Angeles
Sunday, March 5, 2017

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/events/

Cubas

New York
Sunday, January 15, 2017
Add to calendar
Note: This is a secret venue and is not listed on map programs. The entrance is located one door south of the Hotel Eventi main entrance (towards 29th street).

So should I go to line right now or what?

I was invited and just registered to the Chicago Event.

There were multiple time slots available to choose from within the dates listed below.

Multiple events from:

Friday, February 17, 2017 at 1:00 PM
- to -
Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 10:00 PM (CST)

Chicago
Revel Fulton Market
1215 W Fulton Market
Chicago, IL 60607

krae_man

Oh goodie, it's going to be like PAX. "You're not allowed to get in line yet, go away" while everyone hovers waiting for the line to open.

MageBoySA

Sony managed to have the PSVR in hundreds of cities for multiple weekends in Best Buys. I wonder if Nintendo is doing anything like that, or is this it.

Tom_Cody

New York
Sunday, January 15, 2017
Add to calendar
http://www.nintendo.com/switch/events/
Yeah right

lenovox1

Sony managed to have the PSVR in hundreds of cities for multiple weekends in Best Buys. I wonder if Nintendo is doing anything like that, or is this it.

I'm guessing these events are going to be a scaled down tour of the large NYC post-conference event.

Kintaco

Going to the L.A. event being held at my home around midnight on March 3rd. I wouldn't mind going to the actual event in L.A. had there been a plethora of games to try out, but since the games don't seem all the interesting to me except for a few, I'll just relax at home with Zelda.
This would have been a great event to attend had the Swtich had some form of streetpass.

Friend invited me to one of these. Can we expect any freebies? Has Nintendo done this before?
They did it for Wii u I think. I didn't get to go to that. I did go to an event at a GameStop when they were releasing the DSi. They gave out some little trinkets. They actually took photos and had a little printer that printed them out and gave away a little dsi magnetic photo frame. I still have the picture of my wife hanging on my fridge from that.

_woLf

It still completely blows my mind that they gave their own home base the middle finger and didn't have one of these in Seattle.

Was surprised yesterday in my electronics lab, one of our group members was on staff at the San Francisco event. He's not a big gamer but he was impressed with everything.

He was relegated to the Has Been Heroes booth, but said 12Switch was surprisingly fun, which is good to hear

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Me too! Pretty excited to get my hands on this and try it out.

Oops, somehow didn't see this, would've said hi. Hope you had fun.

Completely forgot about this. Did anyone get a chance to go yet? I'm still thinking of going for the one in L.A.

I went to the one in Chicago, it was pretty fun. You just kind of queued up for whatever you wanted to play. It was mostly open, but 1-2-Switch was in an enclosed room with a door they closed. Zelda had a big area to itself with something like...twelve or so TVs, and they had headphones so you could hear everything. They divided up Zelda into play groups and you had to get a ticket to actually play it. They gave everyone who did play about twenty minutes. Other than that you could just kind of go to whatever you wanted to. They had Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, 1-2-Switch, Zelda, Splatoon 2, Snipperclips, Sonic Mania, Fast RMX, Just Dance, Skylanders, Ultra Street Fighter II, Has Been Heroes, Bomberman, Disgaea 5, and Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Top Bottom