• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9 (OT) SURABANAKA DESU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Match wasn't super long but was very enjoyable.

Since I've started watching NJPW consistently over the last 7-8 years (vs. simply seeking out the matches with the most acclaim in the years before that) the one thing I've come to appreciate is that they really know how to pace certain matches. One of my biggest issues with the WWE in recent years has been pointless TV matches and big PPV matches going too long. Sometimes a short, high impact, intense bout is better for the story.

Also helps that New japan has legit tough guys who can sell the idea of a short, intense match.

Alucard

Banned
So, we'll either get the intermission after this match or after Taguchi and Omega. So far, they're doing pretty well with time.

tm24

Was it Immigrant Song? Which stream are you watching, because it was some generic techno on the njpwworld stream.
Paid for the English stream because it's cold as fuck and I couldn't watch on computer and I wanna be in bed where it's nice and warm.

Alucard

Banned
JR's first time repeating something tonight.

"CLOTHESLINE! CLOTHESLINE!"

And Striker marking out a bit too much.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ishii in 2016
mg4Cr.gif

Ithil

I fear Ishii choosing to power through his shoulder injury is gonna cause him permanent damage to it and shorten his career, like Hashimoto or Paul Orndorff did.

The GFW stream got the rights to the themes

Don't know how or why.

They don't need the rights. They only need the license if the footage is stored (like, say, on NJPW World or the old Ustream method). If it's on PPV, it's a one-shot thing and covered by Fair Use. That's why UFC uses whatever music they want but will then edit them out on DVD/Fight Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom