• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not your typical League Interest Thread - MLB '10 The Show

Zep

Banned
With LJ11 running the league this year, he asked me to put together this feel out for the people already selected and the one or few he may want to add
(don't have a definite number yet)
And to see if the ones who already gave a yes have 2nd thoughts or vets who aren't on the list to put their names in the hat.

Now would be the opportunity to tell you this will (Sony has to hold up their end of the bargain) be at the minimum a 45 game league. If SCEA keeps their league setup from '09, it will be a 3 game series that equals to playing each team once.

It's not the most desirable setup but that's the way they configured it. Don't let it scare you away yet as you never know what else they could have added or what type of setup can be worked out for '10.

Now for the list of people that have given some sort of confirmation of being down to play(and their desired team) :

Note: If any of the two/three team owners(mariners, astros) want to select an open team, now, the floor is yours to do so..Or you can wait and play for them.

Open: Orioles, White Sox, Royals, A's, D-Backs, Indians, Jays, Rangers

• LJ11
    - Reds

• Zep
    - Pirates

• Miguel
    - Asstros

• BigAT
    - Cardinals

• Frank
    - Mets

• Sanjuro
    - RedSox

• Matrix
    - Astros

• DM
    - Mariners

• Pheeniks
    - Marlins

• Rors
    - Dodgers

• MrBob
    - Cubs

• Eznark
    - Brewers

• Lambtron
    - Twins

• Blackace
    - Mariners

• Denog
    - Braves

• DCX
    - Yanks

• FMT
    - Phillies

• Livewire
    - Nats

• KanZolo
    - Tigers

• Nightz
    - Padres

• CB
    - Angels

• Corran
    - Giants

• Storybook
    - Rockies

• Smokey
    - Rays

• PistolPete
    - Yankees

Thanks Fellas.

Nightz

I'm interested in playing with the Padres, though I've never played in a league before and I'm horrible at the game. :lol

Smokey

I'm in...this is the last league I need to win to complete the holy GAF championship Trifecta!

I know this journey will not be easy but I am up for the challenge:D .

And as usual my Houston teams are taken and it pains the shit out of me to do this but...I'll take the Cardinals.

EDIT: fuck it, is there anyway I can play for the Astros..and keep the Cardinals as my back up team?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey said:
I'm in...this is the last league I need to win to complete the holy GAF championship Trifecta!

I know this journey will not be easy but I am up for the challenge:D .

And as usual my Houston teams are taken and it pains the shit out of me to do this but...I'll take the Cardinals.

EDIT: fuck it, is there anyway I can play for the Astros..and keep the Cardinals as my back up team?

wtf Smokey no true Astros fan would ever use the Cards or any team from our division as their back up team. Even if I lost to Mig to get the team I wouldn't play with the Cards.

Fuck Poopjuls!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LukeSmith said:
I might get this game - Bob and Denogg are always hyping it up to me. I'd roll with the Tigers.

It's worth the hype, it's the only time Bob is right about something.

Matrix

LJ11

Lots of interest I see, that's always good, but I'm determined to finish one season at the very least this year (a GAF first) so I want a small group of reliable guys.

The larger the group, the more games we play, the longer the season takes, people start to lose interest....you see where this is going.

I want a 45 game season or so, one 3 game series against everyone, probably 8 playoff teams to make things interesting for all involved. I would like for us to get about 6 or so games in every 7 days, that way we can finish a season in about 2 months.

It's a pretty big time sink, one game takes about an hour to complete, and you have to complete 3 against one opponent. You can spread it out over a few days, or do it in one shot, but it's a time sink either way.

I'm open to relinquishing the Marlins, so don't really worry about teams right now, vets get first dibs. Also, I'm reluctant to add "junior members" because last year a couple of them burned us, you'll get first dibs if anyone drops and you're still active.

Matrix

Wait Zep, wtf are you using the Pirates?

Also if DCX doesn't make the playoffs with his f-ing stacked team, it will be sadder than the Turner trade :p

Also I swore Ck used them one year, he's not getting the game?

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:

7977.jpg

Mancrushin®™ McCutchen

Matrix

Btw you going to vanish again Zep? :p

"vets get first dibs"

If that were the case I would have the Stros before Mig instead of having to beat him for the team again.

I played as the Stros in the first ever MLB Show league here that Zep, Bob, FMT and I got going. The league ended cause it was too large or something, I can't remember why. I do know FMT has standings on his website or something. So it must have been a PS2 version. Mig was not around and Zep vanished only to come back every year and vanish again once it was time to start playing :lol

Smokey

Matrix said:
wtf Smokey no true Astros fan would ever use the Cards or any team from our division as their back up team. Even if I lost to Mig to get the team I wouldn't play with the Cards.

Fuck Poopjuls!

:lol

If my hometown teams are off the table anybody goes.

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:

I will not.

You can get on me for bailing on Madden a number of times.. But MLB has never worked(even 2k7, remember that shit) due to the netcode of these games being absolutely terrible.

Nothing was enjoyable about it...especially with the lack of options they gave you in past years.

Matrix

haha 2k7 oh man :lol Those were the bad days of baseball.

I had no issues ever with netcode in Show, so f-ing strange :( Maybe that's why I always won :lol

I hope Fifty plays, we need a Canadian in the league. It wouldn't feel right without one.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:

"vets get first dibs"

If that were the case I would have the Stros before Mig instead of having to beat him for the team again.

I played as the Stros in the first ever MLB Show league here that Zep, Bob, FMT and I got going. The league ended cause it was too large or something, I can't remember why. I do know FMT has standings on his website or something. So it must have been a PS2 version. Mig was not around and Zep vanished only to come back every year and vanish again once it was time to start playing :lol

I think i was in that one. I think i actually played you before it went down.

I suck so fucking bad at baseball

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:

Also if DCX doesn't make the playoffs with his f-ing stacked team, it will be sadder than the Turner trade :p

Let the Turner trade die! Tank>>>Turner.

DCX

DMczaf

I hope the online system is actually from this decade this year. I don't just mean the netcode, I mean the ENTIRE thing. You know your online system is shit when it feels like a Japanese developer made it. All that was missing was having 2 logins (sup Konami)

Matrix

CB3 said:
I think i was in that one. I think i actually played you before it went down.

I suck so fucking bad at baseball

Yea I believe you were in it, I wonder if FMT still has the standings list. Yea you didn't have your Madden type skills when it came to baseball, I do recall that.

Also get ready for the Wild thing DM, dude walks and beans people like crazy!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:
Yea I believe you were in it, I wonder if FMT still has the standings list. Yea you didn't have your Madden type skills when it came to baseball, I do recall that.

Also get ready for the Wild thing DM, dude walks and beans people like crazy!

The pitch could be a mile outside the box and damn if it doesnt still look hittable to me

Matrix

DCX said:
Let the Turner trade die! Tank>>>Turner.

DCX

Tank died this season so it's a wash.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Now that injuries matter, I'll make sure I turn half your team into vegetables.

:lol

eznark

Banned
Someone needs to be the Royals so I can make my Grienke for Fielder wet dream come true.

Also, FYI Sanjuro, I am hitting Bill Hall in the face every time he steps to the plate.

Mrbob

I see there are 17 teams right now....probably should lock this thing down with one to three more teams. Don't need it to grow too big. Hopefully Sony fixes the commish controls for you this year LJ, but I worry they will still be broken. I still couldn't resolve games or add/remove players on a team the last two years. I know Sony said these things will be in place but will they work?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:

Nah dude, never.

I'd join you guys but I don't have the time for another league. I only play madden league games as it is. Hence my 6-5 record. :|

I agree with LJ about the small league thing. It's nice cause then we can name ourselves the show GAF ... not to sound too close to you guys or anything

and if you wanna relinquish the marlins that would be so great. but the rangers are from dallas where I also grew up so that's all good.

KanZolo

LJ11 said:
Also, I'm reluctant to add "junior members" because last year a couple of them burned us, you'll get first dibs if anyone drops and you're still active.

I guess you're referring to me because I'm the only Junior who has commented but I'm in the NCAA football league and more often than not I am the first to play my game so I am active and I stay active.

BigAT

This is the first year I'll actually have a PS3, so I'm psyched to finally get some The Show action in. It's been forever since I picked up a baseball game; I'm thinking my last one likely began with "Ken Griffey Jr. Presents...".

I think DCX and I should have a playoff
in Madden
for the Yankees. Barring that, I would likely go with the Rays. Maybe the Angels.

Also, I can vouch for KanZolo's participation in the NCAA league. He gets his games done without issue.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Nah dude, never.

I'd join you guys but I don't have the time for another league. I only play madden league games as it is. Hence my 6-5 record. :|

It's OK if you're afraid; you'd definitely lose to me, and likely a lot of others too. I wouldn't want to spend my limited other gaming time getting shellacked--by the Nationals of all teams.

LJ11

KanZolo said:
I guess you're referring to me because I'm the only Junior who has commented but I'm in the NCAA football league and more often than not I am the first to play my game so I am active and I stay active.

Well that certainly changes things, I thought you were part of the new crop of juniors.

Top Bottom