• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Notable encounters you had with people, playing Online.

Imtjnotu

The other day in GTA online,

Some kid (couldn't have been a day over 16) running his mouth started saying he was going to leak everyone's IP and lock us all out of the game. And he was going to get his best friend to come to our house and end us.

Someone in return found his address and called it out over the mic (kid claimed he lived in Compton LA). Turns out he was in the suburbs of Chicago 😂😂😂

Kid freaked out threatening to swat us and ultimately disconnected so quick after finding out his real location

Back when Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory's online modes were the greatest thing to exist in the gaming landscape, I used to work the 4pm-midnight shift when I took a year off school. Every night after work I would log in my PS2 and play with the same dude in these 2v2 matches and that was the best gaming experience of my life. His name was SHINOBI_DRAGON.

Brother, wherever you are I hope you are well!

Sgt.Asher

Back in halo 3 days the best match o played with my friends and a random team. The game devolved into a teabag war where everyone would ignore a anyone alive in favor of teabagging the one enemy corpse. I could hear the other side going yea "tea bags"

Gojiira

Cant remember the name of the map but in Battlefield 3 the tiny map set on a dock with the one huge crane, you could place a spawn beacon below it and it would allow you to parachute in and thus land on the crane.
Anyway me and my brother used to do that, spend the whole match up top sniping. Once we both hit something like 150/0 K/D and our inbox got flooded with hate mail and salty comments. Ngl it was the most fun I think I ever had in multiplayer. All the cheaters! Noobs! All the ‘Learn to play!’ Comments just made it hilarious to keep doing.

sainraja

In two games, I can think of notable encounters. One game was WarCraft 2: Frozen Throne beta, and the other was Warhawk.

In WarCraft: FT, I forget the map; it was a 1v1 match where I was "out-played" and made some big mistakes. So, what I relied on to win the game was some sort of "psychological warfare," if you can even call it that. My opponent had killed all my peons and destroyed many of my bases, so I couldn't rebuild, and I simply had a small army left to try to win. I had done some damage to him as well, but he could rebuild, and I didn't know where any of his remaining bases were. What I did instead was convince him that I still have a base (which was a lie), and he could have scouted to find out, but he ended up believing me and surrendering. This game had gone on for very long, so maybe he was just done with it. Who knows, but I was pretty happy lol.

In Warhawk, I was playing a match with my friends (we were playing split-screen)—it was capture the flag—and the match was pretty close. My friend and I grabbed the opponent's flag, got in a Jeep, and made a run for it with a plane chasing us and another Jeep right behind us. We had only a few seconds left, and our Jeep was nearly destroyed. We made it and captured their flag to score the win, just before the timer too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom