• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nothing is worst than the ice cream truck not showing up when you just really want some ice cream

and a fritos pie

I'm fairly particular about which ice cream truck I decide to reward with hard earned cash

problem is, my ice cream truck only comes by about 5 days a week, and those days are random

I intentionally skipped dinner as I was planning on having a Fritos pie (bag of Fritos filled with chili, nacho cheese, and jalapeños) and a banana split

on a side note, it's pretty interesting that ice cream trucks carry ice cream you can't seem to find anywhere else. I've never seen these in the store but the ice cream truck always has them in stock:

f1f96e063d7896ba296b804fade7004a.jpg

does your street have an ice cream truck? how often does he come by? what are your go to orders from your ice cream truck?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
B6609-E16-41-D2-46-DF-8-C7-E-207-E37-A1-D6-A2.jpg
I must have ruined my childhood fascination with ice cream trucks because I always think of this film whenever I hear them on my street.

TylerD

My strategy is always have ice cream on hand in the freezer. I always have a couple of "pints" of the Dazs. I can have ice cream any time I want and also get to exercise my self control.

In my small town growing up the very shady looking ice cream man would come by the park in the really shady looking van and would always display a hairy half moon of a butt crack when he turned around and bent over to grab the ice creams out of the freezer chest. Those were truly special moments.

Last edited:

Rockondevil

As a kid it was fun. As an adult the ice cream is trash and much better options and quality from stores.

Go to was a Bubble O'Bill though.

LxpWqcb.jpg

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
and a fritos pie

I'm fairly particular about which ice cream truck I decide to reward with hard earned cash

problem is, my ice cream truck only comes by about 5 days a week, and those days are random

I intentionally skipped dinner as I was planning on having a Fritos pie (bag of Fritos filled with chili, nacho cheese, and jalapeños) and a banana split

on a side note, it's pretty interesting that ice cream trucks carry ice cream you can't seem to find anywhere else. I've never seen these in the store but the ice cream truck always has them in stock:

f1f96e063d7896ba296b804fade7004a.jpg

does your street have an ice cream truck? how often does he come by? what are your go to orders from your ice cream truck?
Are you 9 years old? Go out and buy your own ice cream you pervert.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
last time i bought something from an ice cream van was 2009. it was always parked outside my school and they sold single cigarettes. i only remember cause it was the last year of high school and we went there all the time.

before that probably when i was 8-9 years old so the late 90's. rarely bought ice cream. i always bought a mix up bag of sweets :messenger_beaming:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I haven't had anything from the truck since I was like 9.

I just remember the rainbow snow cone option being fucking awesome and calling the guy a butthead the one time he didn't have it when I chased him down.

Doom85

Easily one of my favorite moments in The Last of Us is Joel and Henry explaining ice cream trucks to Ellie and Sam. Shit sounds nuts if you grew up in the environment that the latter two did.

nocsi

They all stopped cause of inflation. An ice cream man tried selling $10 ice cream at the beginning of summer up here in Seattle and promptly gave up.

Catphish

I was at some tourist hole in Wisconsin Dells yesterday, and found a couple of Choco Tacos in a freezer. I hyped it up to my kid like holy crap we gotta get these they're being discontinued oh they're so good my childhood zomg.

They were fucking horrible. :messenger_pouting:

Top Bottom