• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November OXM Disc impressions

Chi-Town

Somebody already posted review scores so I'll just talk about the demos...

Outrun 2: Many,many years ago back in the days of 16-bit computers, I bought Outrun for the Atari ST. The game didn't play the arcade music but it came with an audio cassette of it. I still enjoyed it. This update is a great piece of arcade goodness. It's beautiful, fast and controls wonderfully(laying down one of those continuous powerslides makes me smile). The demo is also playable online for you LIVE fans.

Area 51: Very cinematic-style fps, kind of along the line that Shadow Ops:Red Mercury was going for, although the controls feel a little tigher on this. Looks pretty good visually.

Bloodrayne 2: The visuals have been upgraded from the first game. The jumping seems a little off but it was fun running around in the bullettime mode, jumping up, grabbing a pole, doing a one-armed swing, flying off and cutting a bad guy in half. Very bloody.

Kingdom Under Fire:The Crusaders: I've never played Dynasty Warriors but from what I've seen, this seems to be a similar game. The nice thing is, this isn't a no-frills PS2 port so it takes nice advantage of the Xbox. Very pretty, combat isn't deep(only a couple of buttons are used) but it's a lot of fun engaging in these huge battles.

Otogi 2: If you enjoyed the first one, you'll enjoy this. This time you get to choose from several different warriors. I played through the demo with Kintoki, a big, slow power guy with a huge ax. An extremely pretty game with tons of cool effects.

Rainbow Six 3:Black Arrow: You get a chance to try out split-screen co-op mode.

SNK Vs. Capcom: Looks and plays like the countless Capcom beat'em ups before it. I did have fun with the demo though, I picked Ryu and within seconds I was flinging fireballs and pulling off hurricane kicks(those moves are burned into my memory).

Fight Club: Looks like a prettier version of Kakuto Chojin. The control seems a little slow. Also, the demo is 2 player versus only(in this day and age that's kind of lame).

1st Born

Sounds like a good demop disk, especially for KUF, Bloodryne 2 and Outrun 2. When do you think the mag will be hitting store shelves?

Chi-Town

1st Born said:
Sounds like a good demop disk, especially for KUF, Bloodryne 2 and Outrun 2. When do you think the mag will be hitting store shelves?

Probably toward the end of the month, early next month.

weehomer

Wow, I think this is the best line up of games I've seen for the XBM yet! Eight demos, six of which I'm really looking forward to...

Top Bottom