• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that MS finally have a working store, is it safe to assume that xCloud games will be released there for download as well?

Gamezone

Gold Member
Now that MS finally have a working store on PC, is it safe to assume that games you buy trough xCloud will be available in their new store as well? I don't see any issue with that when you are able to play the game anywhere, on any device anyway.

DanielsM

Banned
Not sure what you mean by new store, the Xbox store was eliminated 2 years ago. I'm assuming the new app is just that, a new app for the same store. Idk, it's the Microsoft way that makes no sense other than to them.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Not sure what you mean by new store, the Xbox store was eliminated 2 years ago. I'm assuming the new app is just that, a new app for the same store. Idk, it's the Microsoft way that makes no sense other than to them.

The new app, yes.

Solo Act

I think I read they plan on having every game on XBOX available through xCloud. To me, that indicates games which aren't on PC, of which there are a lot when considering all of the games available via backwards compatibility. So I would say no to your assumption that xCloud games will also be downloadable on the PC client.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I think I read they plan on having every game on XBOX available through xCloud. To me, that indicates games which aren't on PC, of which there are a lot when considering all of the games available via backwards compatibility. So I would say no to your assumption that xCloud games will also be downloadable on the PC client.

That sucks, because I really couldn't care less about streaming. If I own the game, why can't it be play how I want to play it? Makes no sense.

Solo Act

That sucks, because I really couldn't care less about streaming. If I own the game, why can't it be play how I want to play it? Makes no sense.
But how would Microsoft take a game like NHL 19 as an example, put it onto a system it wasn't programmed for, and that they probably have no rights to port anyway? I understand not wanting to stream, but there's no way to play the entire XBOX catalog natively on PC as you're describing.

Gamezone

Gold Member
But how would Microsoft take a game like NHL 19 as an example, put it onto a system it wasn't programmed for, and that they probably have no rights to port anyway? I understand not wanting to stream, but there's no way to play the entire XBOX catalog natively on PC as you're describing.

More than 90% of all Xbox games are also on PC. Now that they have moved away from UWP, they wouldn`t have to do anything.

Top Bottom