• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2014 [Up2: Nintendo Sales Notes]

Gator86

Urgh, the software is always the same practically.

And it will be for the forseeable future because GAF, and places like it, don't matter in the big picture. The average person just wants to play Madden, COD, FIFA, and Assassin's Creed every year. Stuff like Bayo 2 and Bloodborne couldn't be less relevant to the average consumer.

zero_suit

And it will be for the forseeable future because GAF, and places like it, don't matter in the big picture. The average person just wants to play Madden, COD, FIFA, and Assassin's Creed every year. Stuff like Bayo 2 and Bloodborne couldn't be less relevant to the average consumer.

It's a damn shame.

Do we have any way of knowing Amiibo sales VS Skylander and Disney Infinity figure sales over the same period? I would love to know.

Busaiku

amiibo is selling like hotcakes.

We can't really say, without a reference point to Skylanders or Disney Infinity toys.
Assuming, 2.6 million x $13, that's not too great as far as revenue for these things go (Reggie expected $1 billion [for the toys to life, not amiibo alone] this year in the US alone).

You cannot be serious.
its a valid point, there are only so many hours in a day. assume a player is constantly downloading and installing games for a month without break, and you can quickly see how the PGH (playable game hours) to install minutes advantage for the PS4 puts it well ahead.

N5axK7u.jpg

RedAssedApe

Banned

the order will sell better than bloodborne :)

If the gap between the x1 and ps4 is indeed 200k and both cracked a million then I just have to laugh at those hyperbolic "omg sony needs to act fast" posts. Funny stuff lol

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This means they sold around 1.5 / 1.7 millions of figurines just in December.

...Despite the whole amiibocaplypse.

Gentlemen, your new money printer for Nintendo.

Morts

I wonder if Assassin's Creed Unity and Rogue combined would've made the top 10 (either for December or the year). Black Flag did last year, but if the franchise is in decline we can't see it yet because of the platform split.

We can't really say, without a reference point to Skylanders or Disney Infinity toys.
Assuming, 2.6 million x $13, that's not too great as far as revenue for these things go (Reggie expected $1 billion this year in the US alone).

What? He expected to sell around 100 million of the fuckers in just over a month? That can't be true.

That many ppl still turn on their 360s? Woah.

Though I favor PS more due to MS' past mistakes (dry 1st party, tv messaging) they had a better year. Hell since launch they've had more AAA exclusives to chose from.

Add in it was 50$ cheaper with pack ins & bonuses and YOU COULD BUY IT IN STORE! Most of the ps4 discounts were online & u had to be in the know.

Now I expect Sony to strike back with its lineup and in the 2nd half of the year cut the price.

I will say tho I want a console war based off games not price. May the best software win

bud23

Annual 2014 Top 10 Games

Check for Ass creed Unity

No Ass Creed: Unity

Ass creed is dead

What a time to be alive

Crossing Eden am cry

It would be a smart move though, Lower the price before two huge exclusive titles come out. One that is graphically mind blowing and another with a lot of hardcore gaming community drooling at the mouth for.

No. I think they're better off seeing how the market responds to them and then potentially dropping going into summer or fall if sales stagnate. I expect it to be heavily bundled next holiday, but no UC4 bundle. I expect a Halo XB1 bundle, and that's probably when I'll personally Jump In.

CentroXer

Banned
It really is no better. 2 Pokemon games, 2 wrestling games and 2 Tony Hawk games, not much variety going on in here either.

i see more variety.

3 rpgs in top10!
2 platformers!
1 car game
couple of wrestling games
couple of skating games

Now it's just shooters and a couple of sports games.

joecanada

That many ppl still turn on their 360s? Woah.

Though I favor PS more due to MS' past mistakes (dry 1st party, tv messaging) they had a better year. Hell since launch they've had more AAA exclusives to chose from.

Add in it was 50$ cheaper with pack ins & bonuses and YOU COULD BUY IT IN STORE! Most of the ps4 discounts were online & u had to be in the know.

Now I expect Sony to strike back with its lineup and in the 2nd half of the year cut the price.

I will say tho I want a console war based off games not price. May the best software win

ya the 360 sales show that, as usual, people don't just jump to next gen at the drop of a hat .......

Nintendo needs to strike while the iron's hot and announce an actual amiibo game, Skylanders style. The collector thing is a fad, and will fade. They need to create staying power

Top Bottom