• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2013 [Up5: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Official PS3/WiiU]

40% per week rise for wiiu is impressive considering it had no new games in feb.

Many gaffers were predicting 20 -40k for WiiU , what are they to say now ?

Historically speaking, it's HORRIBLE.

Wii (first February, NPD) - 335K
Xbox 360 (first February, NPD) - 160K
Xbox (first February, NPD) - 139K
PS3 (first February, NPD) - 127K
GameCube (first February, NPD) - 78K
Wii U (first February) - 64K to 66K

serplux

Best selling month in franchise history!

Nintendo PR said:
Building off its 92 Metacritic score, Fire Emblem Awakening for Nintendo 3DS had the best first month sales in franchise history, selling more than 180,000 units (more than 117,000 at retail + more than 63,000 digital units). By comparison, the previous hand-held entrant in the franchise – Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon – has sold a little more than 250,000 units life to date in the U.S. Fire Emblem Awakening sold 70 percent of that figure in just 28 days.

donny2112

In a separate statement, Nintendo reported that 455,000 units of hardware were sold in the U.S. in February, pushing 3DS past 8 million units to date. 180,000 copies of Fire Emblem Awakening were sold in the U.S. in February (117,000 at retail and 63,000 digitally). Nintendo added that "by comparison, the previous hand-held entrant in the franchise – Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon – has sold a little more than 250,000 units life to date in the United States

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/14/dead-space-3-leads-us-sales-in-february

...Digital numbers.
WE HAVE THEM.

117K retail + 63K digital

crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif

*Sees no Fire Emblem in Top 10*

RiddickWheresGodNow.jpg

*Sees > 100K retail and huge digital sales*

RiddickTheresGod.jpg

The Best-Selling HD Remasters At Retail #1

The list does not include download sales, however. Most HD remasters are now available digitally through PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. Download-only titles like Resident Evil 4 HD and Beyond Good & Evil HD are absent from this list for that reason.

Here is the list ranked by most units sold:

God Of War I & II Collection (Nov. 2009) - 1,748,663
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Nov. 2011)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Nov. 2011)
The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (Sept. 2011)
The Sly Collection (Nov. 2010)
God of War: Origins Collection (Sept. 2011)
Tomb Raider Trilogy (Mar. 2011)
Prince Of Persia Trilogy (Apr. 2011)
Tekken Hybrid (Nov. 2011)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy (Sept. 2011)

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Halo was close to a million? could be wrong tho
Anyway, there's probably a huge fall between GOW and the other collections, but it's still pretty high up.

God of War collections sold 1.74m? Without digital sales? That's just shocking considering they costed ridicolously low. The ports were done in 15 weeks. That's an insane ROI, and that's without going into WW sales or the fact that releasing the collections helped energize God of War 3 sales. That's better marketing than Super Bowl ads. And it makes money in the process.

Very, VERY happy with Sly 4 sales.

Moderately okay with Wii U sales. Wasn't expecting a huge leap, but happy it's a much bigger number than the poor Jan sales. No games came out for it in Feb. I'm more anticipating the NPD sales on Wii U for March what with all the games being released for it this month. If it doesn't do near or over 100,000 in sales in March, then there's gonna be some REAL trouble for the system.
I dont think monster hunter and lego city will push it over 100K. I think there would be problems when pikmin and W101 are out and it still dont 100K.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Do we have to re-evaluate what we think of digital sales across both 3DS and Vita after seeing those FE numbers?

goomba

Banned
Historically speaking, it's HORRIBLE.

Wii (first February, NPD) - 335K
Xbox 360 (first February, NPD) - 160K
Xbox (first February, NPD) - 139K
PS3 (first February, NPD) - 127K
GameCube (first February, NPD) - 78K
Wii U (first February) - 64K to 66K

Hey I ain't saying its good , just Better than many expected and a 40% rise with no new games is something unexpected

Derrick01

Banned
Wow nice numbers from Fire Emblem. That'll be the first game I buy when I eventually get a 3DS (probably digitally thanks to shipment issues).

Scum

Well, at least there's something to play on the WiiU next week. lol
It would have be fun to see how well Rayman Legends would have done. Oh well.

Takao

Banned
God of War collections sold 1.74m? Without digital sales? That's just shocking considering they costed ridicolously low. The ports were done in 15 weeks. That's an insane ROI, and that's without going into WW sales or the fact that releasing the collections helped energize God of War 3 sales. That's better marketing than Super Bowl ads. And it makes money in the process.

Sony shipped 2,418,516 of the first collection, and 711,737 of the second one by June 2012 worldwide.

We'll probably see them do this again next gen, lol.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm glad to see Sly 4 did decently. Fun game, and a nice change of pace from all the shooters and open-world games.

Meelow

Banned
40% rise is bad ?

It's because it's a new system and people expected it to be at least in the 100k cycle.

But than when you look at it, no games released this month for Wii U.

If the PS4 and Xbox 720 do the same numbers or possible even worse when it has no games than it's a fact no games month won't do any good for the Wii U.

If March sales are the same for Wii U since it's releasing 3 bigger games + indies than Nintendo should start worrying and do everything they can to pull around the Wii U like 3DS.

I don't think it's fair for people dooming the Wii U or the Vita this early on.

wrowa

Shadow Dragon sold 250k in the US? And still Nintendo passed on the second DS game? Wtf? I've been under the impression that SD also flopped financially, but it actually reached numbers most other Japanese games of its kind would be glad to achieve.

Was quite ubset not seeing FE charting, but looking below and finding out that it actually turned out to have sold decently afterall was quite a relief.

Hopefully, it continues to sell in the coming months when more copies are available.

good number for Fire Emblem!

63k digital sales is pretty damn impressive!

Still NOA should still get some heat for the retail shipping clusterfuck!!

Road

If I'm remembering the PSASBR numbers correctly, this means that Sly 4 did at least 30k more copies.

And PSASBR was Sony's big fall title.

Sanzaru wins!

That was because Sly had a huge market campaign while PSABR had nothing, despite its very popular characters.

Acorn

I love companies using ecosystem/family/brand numbers. You can instantly tell it's bad numbers for one or more of their products.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thank you for not answering my question.

Well, I can answer it for him instead. NPD officially reported a 40% increase on a weekly basis, and a guy who claimed the Wii U launched worse than the Virtual Boy said it was 80K.

If I had to choose, I'd probably go with 64K.

Imagine what Sly could have done if Sony bothered to tell people it existed. Nice to see it in the Top 10 however. Very much an anomaly and came from "nowhere".

Top Bottom