• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia announces the GTX 980 Ti | $650 £550 €605

Going to use EVGA Step-Up for this since my 980 is about a week over the 30 day return period at Microcenter. I would go in and see if they give me an exception but I doubt it.

I wonder what the EVGA Classified will sell for and what we are looking at in clock speeds. If we are talking $750 I'm buying one immediately and then another in about 3 months to SLI. That should be good for 4K gaming for at least 2 years

Smokey

Your Batman code shouldn't be too far off then

;_;

ibNNZZXkrr31u.gif

Redmoon

Will pick up one when the Classy KP releases so I can dedicate it to folding.

Will hold onto my Titan X's till mainstream pascal.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm.
Been looking for something to upgrade my 680 to.

Jimrpg

So basically a $350 price drop of the Titan X?

I just got a GTX 970 a couple of months ago and even I'm thinking of upgrading. It will be a much better card at 1440p.

Dat price :( HHNNNNGGG as someone who bought his 980 5 months ago this is so ridiculously tempting. If prices in Europe don't deviate too much from the American ones I'll probably sell my 980 to pick one of these up.

thuway

This is an incredible price for this card. It's outside impulse buy territory for me, but it bodes well for my next upgrade.

Damn. I just bought my Titan X about 2 weeks ago. :(

Oh well, I'll be happy with the 12G of GDDR5 in a few years when games start to require more than 6G.. I hope.

not planning on a new build till pascal but lmao that's utterly ridiculous

650 USD = 850 AUD at mid-market rates

+10% GST for sale it's 935 dollars.

I was hoping for 999 retail RRP but 1050 is not insane. Our dollar is in the toilet right now and the 650 US price is before American taxes are levied while our prices are tax inclusive.

thuway

Damn. I just bought my Titan X about 2 weeks ago. :(

Oh well, I'll be happy with the 12G of GDDR5 in a few years when games start to require more than 6G.. I hope.

Hey don't feel too bad. Whenever Star Citizen launches, you won't be choking on your VRAM.

Skyzard

Banned
So much pity for Titan X owners. Majority of us are just fine, thanks lol. Stop worrying about us and enjoy this 980Ti at a great price point :)

LOL.

It's basically half price in the UK though, obviously won't affect sensible titan x owners much but this is videogames.
Not sure if at that point I'd actually try sli again (if I could get a decent price anyway)...I didn't from the 780ti to sli970s though.

Wag

I have 3 OG Titans, I'm tempted to go to 2 980Ti's right now, but I think I'm going to wait and see what AMD has to offer first.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
finally looks like we have 970 levels of price:performance at the high end. 980 has to drop significantly in price - in the UK there is only around £100 difference between the 980 and the ti and that is a no-brainer. So hopefully at least a £50 price drop on the 980. 970 was already well priced so it might stay where it is.

Have a 970 already so not going to upgrade, but this is definitely an option depending on how demanding VR ends up being. I'm not likely to go 4k on either my TV or monitor for at least a couple more years.

Top Bottom