• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: In Interview, Trump Expresses Anger at Sessions and Comey, and Warns Mueller

Zolo

If (when) Democrats take back the House, he certainly will be impeached.

There may not be enough Senate support to convict him and remove him from office. But he will be impeached.

Yeah. I'd take bets on Trump getting impeached. Him getting removed on the other hand.....

It almost feels like he's about to lose it. He must feel everything is about to start unraveling all around him and he's feeling the heat.

He really doesn't want anyone to delve into his finances. If you were investigating him and weren't interested in his finances, after this interview, the first thing you would do is start looking at his finances.

This guy is so stupid and irrational it's astounding. If the Russia collusion doesn't bring him down which I sincerely doubt, he's so fucked when they really start investigating his finances.

What an idiot.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
No matter how many times it happens, I'm always in awe of the stuff Trump says out loud. Saying Sessions shouldn't have recused himself because it's "unfair" and warning Mueller about looking into his finances are the most guilty things he could say. His lawyers must be losing their minds.

adj_noun

Over the course of 50 minutes, the often-fiery Mr. Trump demonstrated his more amiable side, joking about holding hands with the president of France and musing about having a military parade down a main avenue in Washington.

He really can't let that vision go.

So trump is admitting sessions was only picked to cover up russia. Good job dipshit.

I'm sure Trump contradicts himself in this interview, but Sessions was picked primarily because he was the first long-serving Republican to come out and endorse Donald Trump. Trump gave him the AG position as a repayment for the very early endorsement.

No matter how many times it happens, I'm always in awe of the stuff Trump says out loud. Saying Sessions shouldn't have recused himself because it's "unfair" and warning Mueller about looking into his finances are the most guilty things he could say. His lawyers must be losing their minds.

Likewise.

Trump has the worst case of 'Talk to Think' personality of any person ever elected to a high public office.

Loxley

"YOU BETTER NOT LOOK INTO MY FINANCIAL TIES TO RUSSIA"

There is no word in the English language that describes just how fucking dumb Trump is.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Does he not understand that he's under investigation?

Does he not understand that saying these things can easily aid in the criminal investigation that is ongoing on his attempt to obstruct justice?

That's it, I'm fucking calling it. Dude has early(at best) onset dementia or alzheimer's. Nothing else explains why he would be so fucking stupid to say this shit.

There is an explanation:

He's just that stupid

RPGCrazied

No it wouldn't, unless Democrats control both houses of congress.

Lol, nah bro. I mean, I wish it was so, but it wouldn't be. I'm surprised he's not made the move to do it by now. You might as well get ready, because it's coming at some point down the road.

God, some of you are straight up delusional. Trump's not getting impeached. Not now, not ever.

How many more instances do we need to see Trump is guilty? Fires Comey because of Russia, says this about Sessions over Russia.

2018 is not going to be kind in mid terms with Republicans refusing to act.

Aselith

Does he not understand that he's under investigation?

Does he not understand that saying these things can easily aid in the criminal investigation that is ongoing on his attempt to obstruct justice?

That's it, I'm fucking calling it. Dude has early(at best) onset dementia or alzheimer's. Nothing else explains why he would be so fucking stupid to say this shit.

Early? He's in his 70's. That shit ain't early

thefro

It almost feels like he's about to lose it. He must feel everything is about to start unraveling all around him and he's feeling the heat.

He really doesn't want anyone to delve into his finances. If you were investigating him and weren't interested in his finances, after this interview, the first thing you would do is start looking at his finances.

This guy is so stupid and irrational it's astounding. If the Russia collusion doesn't bring him down which I sincerely doubt, he's so fucked when they really start investigating his finances.

What an idiot.

I'm hoping the NY State AG can bring charges once Mueller's done. That takes Trump's pardon power off the table as he can only pardon for federal, not state crimes.

Gutek

How many more instances do we need to see Trump is guilty? Fires Comey because of Russia, says this about Sessions over Russia.

Trump is guilty as fuck. He should have been impeached for his conflict of interest alone. He's still not getting impeached or removed. 8 years, baby. Dems keep on failing.

Soroc

If (when) Democrats take back the House, he certainly will be impeached.

There may not be enough Senate support to convict him and remove him from office. But he will be impeached.

Yeah. I'd take bets on Trump getting impeached. Him getting removed on the other hand.....

This has been bothering me. If impeachment does not equal removal, what the hell is impeachment worth? I was too young when Clinton was impeached but I remember him not being removed so most people don't think he was impeached, but he was right?

theWB27

I'm sure Trump contradicts himself in this interview, but Sessions was picked primarily because he was the first long-serving Republican to come out and endorse Donald Trump. Trump gave him the AG position as a repayment for the very early endorsement.

Likewise.

Trump has the worst case of 'Talk to Think' personality of any person ever elected to a high public office.

Sessions isnt clean of Russia. He had a very good reason himself to cover it up. Very easy to strike a deal and not surprising sessions supported him.

By the Gods I'd love to see Trump testify.

I think he could be prodded into "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" territory super quick.

This has been bothering me. If impeachment does not equal removal, what the hell is impeachment worth? I was too young when Clinton was impeached but I remember him not being removed so most people don't think he was impeached, but he was right?

Yes.

Impeach = indict

Impeach =/= convict

Republicans impeached Clinton but couldn't convict him because they couldn't get 67 votes.

kirblar

Yes I don't see Mueller lasting long. But that will be the end for Trump so go ahead and fire him.
To fire Mueller, Trump has to get someone else to do it not named Jeff Sessions.

This will be difficult, because it will effectively end many of their career prospects.

Gutek

They're just moving goalposts because they know he's not getting removed. We all used impeachment interchangeably with removal.

Cerium

Oh he's definitely guilty, but you'd never be able to remove him without both houses of congress.

The mechanism just doesn't exist without that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Trump would have to undergo intense questioning and testify along with Mueller's team bringing out all their evidence in public. How well do you think Trump would stand up to harsh questioning when he constantly incriminates himself without being prompted?

They're just moving goalposts because they know he's not getting removed. We all used impeachment interchangeably with removal.

Maybe you did, but some of us speak precisely and have always used the word "impeachment" properly. I've said many times that I could MAYBE see a Republican House impeaching him, but removal would be extremely difficult even with a Democratic Senate.

Anyway, do we think Jefferson Beauregard survives the summer?

hawk2025

Trump is guilty as fuck. He should have been impeached for his conflict of interest alone. He's still not getting impeached or removed. 8 years, baby. Dems keep on failing.

Dear God, mate. Get a hold of yourself and stop acting like a nihilistic child in every single thread.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Impeachment is actually the name of the removal process.

Mivey

It's truly remarkable how a guy who keeps saying things in public that would politically outright annihilate pretty much any other politician has been elected into the highest office of a country.

Trumps super power is to continually fail to clear even the lowest most cynical bar.

As a result he actually gets into less trouble because most energy is spent reacting to how low he has now sunk rather than what he has said.

Shauni

What an idiot.

About to? Lol, man, when did we ever have it. The dude has been in meltdown mode for a solid 8 months, if not more.

Soroc

Yes.

Impeach = indict

Impeach =/= convict

Republicans impeached Clinton but couldn't convict him because they couldn't get 67 votes.

Thank you! So without republicans admitting they created a monster and course correct, just getting an impeachment is nothing more than an * next to the name I guess... So disappointing...

He has major business ties, loans, family members and connections with Russian oligarchs?

It's money laundering.

Okay, but these are still serious charges if he does them with Russians or Canadians or other Americans. You make it sound like it won't matter unless it's Russia because you've burned a narrative into your mind.

Shoeless

Probably the most depressing thing about this story is that it will anger millions of Americans to implore Mueller and his team to "leave the President alone, you big, libtard meanies, he's the President, he can do whatever he wants, like a King. That's how it works, right?"

Soroc

Trump would have to undergo intense questioning and testify along with Mueller's team bringing out all their evidence in public. How well do you think Trump would stand up to harsh questioning when he constantly incriminates himself without being prompted?

If it can get to this point I'd feel pretty confident.

Top Bottom