• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama Administration Ends Pentagon Program to Train Syrian Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

arming rebels != training them
As if it makes it any better, oh and here you go:

DoD lowers vetting standards for Syrian rebel training program

At least they are openly admitting now to training, supporting and allowing the movement of terrorists, something anyone with common sense (meaning not taking the commonly available western news outlets as some great credible sources, and more importantly than that stop believing in bullshit nonsense such as the western world never having a bad intention or doing things with intention to hurt and gain) understood a long time ago.

Here's hoping more US trained moderate rebelsterrorists get bombed to oblivion along with the rest of their trash comrades.

Meanwhile:

Tunisian Defense Minister Farhat Horchani said at least 250 Tunisian terrorists who fought alongside ISIS terrorist organization in Syria have fled to Libya after Russian air strikes started in Syria.

Arming rebels never goes wrong, right guys? Right?

people will be looking back at these events in Syria for the next 20 or so years, we are not even done with the Iraq chapter

putting an end to the training program would have been good if we could just walk away
it does not seem like Obama can walk away at all politically

the next President to take this on is what I worry about

FStop7

Banned
Hey I mean it's not like our efforts to train insurgents in Colombia, Ecuador, Cuba, and Afghanistan didn't blow up in our faces or anything.

Nabbis

Arming rebels never goes wrong, right guys? Right?

I have a feeling that there's some 90 year old five star general sitting somewhere in Pentagon going "We gonna win the same way we did when we armed rebels in Afghanistan USSR!". Why the fuck do they still choose to use this strategy, it's a glorified terrorist spawn point.

dextran

I have a feeling that there's some 90 year old five star general sitting somewhere in Pentagon going "We gonna win the same way we did when we armed rebels in Afghanistan USSR!". Why the fuck do they still choose to use this strategy, it's a glorified terrorist spawn point.

US policy has always been to play both sides for the mutual destruction of our enemies - on the other side of the globe.
I think we know things get worse, and that's why we do it.

Why? We know those guns and ammo will end up in ISIS's hands. Why in the ever living fuck are we handing them the means to create more chaos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom