• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Occupy Wall St - Occupy Everywhere, Occupy Together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
eznark said:
Rebuttal to what? The professors make some great points, however claiming that they are business people to somehow bolster a point is simply untrue.

Dr. Hari Bapuji joined the Asper School of Business in 2005 soon after obtaining a Ph.D. in Strategic Management from The University of Western Ontario, Canada. His research and teaching cover strategic management and international business. In particular, his research examines how intangible resources such as knowledge and learning help firms to achieve sustainable competitive advantage in today’s hyper competitive and globalizing world.

Hari’s research resulted in a book, several research papers and conference papers. He has over ten years of industry experience in information technology and human resource management in large corporations.

http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/management/faculty_staff/academic_professors/529.htm

Even if they were just business school professors, The Harvard Business review is a forum where business people discuss the issues that concern them. HBR wouldn't put it up if it was irrelevant to the interests of the business community.

Karakand

Companies like Google that have a history of contributing to social causes
2Nh1h.jpg

bill gonorrhea said:
what a misleading video title. Like a police officer deliberately aimed for his head and shot him with a teargas canister....

Why wouldn't a police officer do that? Right afterwards, a police officer throws a concussive device directly at the people trying to help him. What's weird is your almost childlike incredulity that a police officer could ever commit a crime.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Krugman bringing the perspective.

The Path Not Taken

Financial markets are cheering the deal that emerged from Brussels early Thursday morning. Indeed, relative to what could have happened — an acrimonious failure to agree on anything — the fact that European leaders agreed on something, however vague the details and however inadequate it may prove, is a positive development.

But it’s worth stepping back to look at the larger picture, namely the abject failure of an economic doctrine — a doctrine that has inflicted huge damage both in Europe and in the United States.

The doctrine in question amounts to the assertion that, in the aftermath of a financial crisis, banks must be bailed out but the general public must pay the price. So a crisis brought on by deregulation becomes a reason to move even further to the right; a time of mass unemployment, instead of spurring public efforts to create jobs, becomes an era of austerity, in which government spending and social programs are slashed.
Rest at the link.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mortrialus said:
Except footage was released that shows that the police were deliberately aiming at protesters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZLyUK0t0vQ&feature=related

That's a flashbang, and look at the officers demeanor, it would appear he knew he wasn't supposed to do it, but did it anyway (backs up, tosses below eye level, turns and walks away after tossing it. etc)

Just because one or two officers are assholes doesn't mean all are.

Alienshogun said:
That's a flashbang, and look at the officers demeanor, it would appear he knew he wasn't supposed to do it, but did it anyway (backs up, tosses below eye level, turns and walks away after tossing it. etc)

Just because one or two officers are assholes doesn't mean all are

well no shit dude, of course. I know this personally. that doesn't justify it in any way shape or form, it's misuse of power and they need to be punished for it or it WILL absolutely shine horribly on the rest of the dept and show where their priorities lay. that's a fact.

Alienshogun said:

What does this have to do with my post?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Alpha-Bromega said:
well no shit dude, of course. I know this personally. that doesn't justify it in any way shape or form, it's misuse of power and they need to be punished for it or it WILL absolutely shine horribly on the rest of the dept and show where their priorities lay. that's a fact.

Well, no shit dude.

I'm simply pointing out that not all cops are bad, and a lot of videos (especially in highly edited propaganda pieces that are posted here) show shit out of context. A lot of people on these forums are cop haters anyway, and threads like this only feed their bullshit.

Alienshogun said:
Well, no shit dude.

I'm simply pointing out that not all cops are bad, and a lot of videos (especially in highly edited propaganda pieces that are posted here) show shit out of context. A lot of people on these forums are cop haters anyway, and threads like this only feed their bullshit.
This type of shit happens all too frequently across the country everyday. The supposed "good cops" cover for their corrupt partners and maintain the Blue Wall of Silence™. There are no good cops, they are all complicit when one of them violates the law and no one speaks out or punishes them.

daycru

soul creator said:
the need to rush to the defense of authoritarian organizations and elites always baffles me
Indoctrination. You're taught from birth to worship these people. Same reason why any criticism of the military is met with opposition cuz you just don't love the troops enough/

Alienshogun said:

Except the rest of the officers won't ever do anything about it, and didn't bother helping the guy in the first place. So it seems like they are assholes actually

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
thezerofire said:
Except the rest of the officers won't ever do anything about it, and didn't bother helping the guy in the first place. So it seems like they are assholes actually

To critique the situation you would have to know SOP.

As it is, most people complain about their rights, but don't even know what their rights are, when they have ACTUALLY been violated, or when to legitimately complain about them.

For instance, in that one video that's being passed around, some lady yells "I've not been read my rights, or why I'm being arrested."

She's referring to Miranda rights, to which she doesn't need read to her until she's in custodial interrogation. Being read your rights has nothing to do with being detained or arrested, it has everything to do with being interrogated.

Most people don't know this, and it's a drop in the bucket to the greater knowledge of how police/law work, yet people complain about shit when they have no clue how any of it actually works.

Back to the officers "not helping him" did you notice the barrier infront of them? Then the mass of people on the otherside of the barrier? Any officer going forward to assist the downed man could be attacked.

Just as there are "bad police" you can be assured there are people with malicious intention in this "occupy movement."

No doubt the officer's orders are to remain with the group on the other side of the fence holding the perimeter.

This is not saying shooting a man in the fact with a gas canister is right, (if that's indeed what happened), or throwing a flashbang at a crowd trying to help the man is right either, that most certainly is not.

However, if people want to complain about laws, police action, and rights, they should first know wtf they are talking about.

Alienshogun said:
Well, no shit dude.

you're speaking generally, we're speaking specifically. that video isn't a 'propaganda piece' , that literally happened, those cops did that, and their cohorts did nothing making them enablers at best.

And there is literally miles more accountability for what a Police Officer does than what anyone in the movement does, they are public servants, protectors of peace, and nothing about the treatment of the occupy oakland movement is anything more than pure show of force.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Alpha-Bromega said:
you're speaking generally, we're speaking specifically. that video isn't a 'propaganda piece' , that literally happened, those cops did that, and their cohorts did nothing making them enablers at worst.

And there is literally miles more accountability for what a Police Officer does than what anyone in the movement does, they are public servants, protectors of peace, and nothing about the treatment of the occupy oakland movement is anything more than pure show of force.

I'm not talking about the flashbang video, I'm talking about the montage video with Iran "arab spring" movement video, and this occupy video intertwined, as an example of the whole.

Also, the acts of a few cops (again) is not indicative of the whole situation. You can't assume an entire police force decided to do a "show of force."

Something happened to kick off the "fight."

Police claim shit was thrown at them among other things. Of course the civilians will deny that.

You can't expect police to stand there while violence is being inflicted on them, just as you can't expect civilians to endure the same.

There's more than one side of the story here with carefully edited video to support "your" side.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Bloodbeard said:
There is raw footage available from the Scott Olsen Incident.

What does that have to do with anything I've said?

I'll assume you didn't read my last two posts. And simply cherry picked a line to make a +1 post.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
CHEEZMO™ said:
Probably the part of your post he quoted.

Which means he missed the point, or didn't finish reading. (which would be funny, since it's the last line in my last post)

I wasn't even talking about that video, and he seemed to have missed everything else I said.

Alienshogun said:
I'm not talking about the flashbang video, I'm talking about the montage video with Iran "arab spring" movement video, and this occupy video intertwined, as an example of the whole.

Also, the acts of a few cops (again) is not indicative of the whole situation. You can't assume an entire police force decided to do a "show of force."

Something happened to kick off the "fight."

Police claim shit was thrown at them among other things. Of course the civilians will deny that.

You can't expect police to stand there while violence is being inflicted on them, just as you can't expect civilians to endure the same.

There's more than one side of the story here with carefully edited video to support "your" side.

violence? thrown bottles to men in riot gear by random dudes who aren't sworn by law to protect people and were probably kidn of scared to be surrounded by, idk, cops in riot gear.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Alpha-Bromega said:
violence? bottles to men in riot gear?

that doesn't justify shit, it's a self fulfilling prophecy

I expected this response.

You're accepting of civilian violence to police while crying outrage at police violence to civilians.

You can't have it both ways.

Alienshogun said:
I expected this response.

You're justifying civilian violence to police while crying outrage at police violence to civilians.

You can't have it both ways.

you're misunderstanding the purpose of police, and the purpose they were there in first place, to disrupt a peaceful protest which should never, ever, ever be illegal.

see how coming to a peaceful protest ready for war makes it a self fulfilling prophecy?

Alienshogun said:
Which means he missed the point, or didn't finish reading. (which would be funny, since it's the last line in my last post)

I wasn't even talking about that video, and he seemed to have missed everything else I said.

Go back and read your post and try to tell me that is not in the least bit not non-convoluted.

EDIT: And I have read all your posts on this page. Don't be a crybaby.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Alpha-Bromega said:
you're misunderstanding the purpose of police, and the purpose they were there in first place, to disrupt a peaceful protest.

see how coming to a peaceful protest ready for war makes it a self fulfilling prophecy?

I'm sorry, I'm definitely NOT misunderstanding the purpose of police, whatsoever. In fact, I'm a criminal justice student near graduating who is going into law enforcement. I'm well versed in the purposes of police.

And I will reiterate. You can't be accepting of violence to police while being disgusted of police violence to civilians.

The police didn't come "ready for war."

They came prepared to have shit thrown at them, and for a riot. But again, I'm talking to someone who doesn't understand the SOP, or even how police are trained, and how they function.

This is going to become a argument of meaningless back and forth. So I've said my piece and I'm done, especially since I know "anti police" gaf is in full effect. I just felt compelled to respond for a moment.
Bloodbeard said:
Go back and read your post and try to tell me that is not in the least bit not non-convoluted.

Last post.

Least bit not non-convoluted?

Really?

I suggest you re-read my posts and work on your comprehension, then work on your ability to communicate.

And with that, I'm done. I'm not going to keep posting the same shit, or deal with poligaf, especially when most people don't even understand what they are complaining about.

Alienshogun said:
Last post.

Least bit not non-convoluted?

Really?

I suggest you re-read my posts and work on your comprehension, then work on your ability to communicate.

And with that, I'm done. I'm not going to keep posting the same shit, or deal with poligaf, especially when most people don't even understand what they are complaining about.

*whoosh*

Read an interesting article in my local paper.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/real-1percent102811/real-1percent102811/

Pittsburgh Post Gazette said:
As Occupy Wall Street protesters decry the gap between rich and poor, you might wonder how your household income and tax bite stack up against your fellow Americans.

New data from the Internal Revenue Service may surprise you.

It doesn't take millions to land in the top 1 percent of earners targeted by demonstrators. The actual threshold is $343,927, according to IRS statistics for the calendar year 2009, the latest available.

That's down from a minimum of $410,096 in 2007, when the economy was healthier.

Still, that's far more than what the bottom half of all U.S. households made. Of the 138 million tax returns filed for 2009, 69 million reported income below $32,396.

The IRS data are based on adjusted gross income, or the amount after adding interest income and subtracting certain expenses but before subtracting standard or itemized deductions.

Households making at least $154,643 made it into the top 5 percent of earners, while it took a minimum of $112,124 to get into the top 10 percent and at least $66,193 to place in the top 25 percent.

A family of four making $50,000 generally is considered to be middle income these days, said David Logan of the Tax Foundation, a nonprofit tax research group based in Washington, D.C.

Logan said what stood out the most to him in the latest data was that the wealthiest Americans' incomes came down in 2009 vs. 2008, while the group's average tax rate went up.

"That surprised me because of what we hear about the wealthy getting all the tax breaks," he said.

Total income for the top 1 percent fell 21 percent (to $1.3 trillion in 2009 from $1.7 trillion in 2008), while the average tax rate rose to 24 percent from 23.3 percent, the IRS data showed.

Total income for the bottom 50 percent fell 2 percent (to $1.06 trillion from $1.08 trillion), but the average tax rate also fell to 1.85 percent from 2.59 percent.

Nationally, the average effective income tax rate across all income levels was 11.06 percent, the lowest level since the IRS began tracking the rates in 1980.

The previous low was 11.9 percent in 2003, when the bear market of 2002 wiped out capital gains, a problem that probably also affected the 2009 results, Logan said.

The three highest average tax rates were in 1981 at 15.76 percent, 1980 at 15.31 percent and in 2000 at 15.26 percent.

The 138 million tax returns analyzed for 2009 included returns from people who did not owe any federal income taxes.

Roughly 59 million returns, or 43 percent, used exemptions, deductions and tax credits to wipe out their entire federal income tax liability, the Tax Foundation said.

Despite overall declining tax rates in recent years, a government study released this week showed the income gap between the rich and the poor has been widening.

After-tax income for the richest 1 percent of Americans almost tripled from 1979 to 2007, according to the Congressional Budget Office's report.

Meanwhile, people in the middle of the scale saw their incomes grow by just under 40 percent. Those in the bottom 20 percent saw a gain of about 18 percent.

"The distribution of after-tax household income in the United States was substantially more unequal in 2007 than in 1979," the CBO said.

Just some interesting things that caught my eye.

XMonkey said:
Krugman bringing the perspective.

The Path Not Taken

Rest at the link.

Good article:

The doctrine in question amounts to the assertion that, in the aftermath of a financial crisis, banks must be bailed out but the general public must pay the price. So a crisis brought on by deregulation becomes a reason to move even further to the right; a time of mass unemployment, instead of spurring public efforts to create jobs, becomes an era of austerity, in which government spending and social programs are slashed.

This doctrine was sold both with claims that there was no alternative — that both bailouts and spending cuts were necessary to satisfy financial markets — and with claims that fiscal austerity would actually create jobs. The idea was that spending cuts would make consumers and businesses more confident. And this confidence would supposedly stimulate private spending, more than offsetting the depressing effects of government cutbacks.

Some economists weren’t convinced. One caustic critic referred to claims about the expansionary effects of austerity as amounting to belief in the “confidence fairy.” O.K., that was me.

So bailing out the banks while punishing workers is not, in fact, a recipe for prosperity. But was there any alternative? Well, that’s why I’m in Iceland, attending a conference about the country that did something different.

If you’ve been reading accounts of the financial crisis, or watching film treatments like the excellent “Inside Job,” you know that Iceland was supposed to be the ultimate economic disaster story: its runaway bankers saddled the country with huge debts and seemed to leave the nation in a hopeless position.

But a funny thing happened on the way to economic Armageddon: Iceland’s very desperation made conventional behavior impossible, freeing the nation to break the rules. Where everyone else bailed out the bankers and made the public pay the price, Iceland let the banks go bust and actually expanded its social safety net. Where everyone else was fixated on trying to placate international investors, Iceland imposed temporary controls on the movement of capital to give itself room to maneuver.

So how’s it going? Iceland hasn’t avoided major economic damage or a significant drop in living standards. But it has managed to limit both the rise in unemployment and the suffering of the most vulnerable; the social safety net has survived intact, as has the basic decency of its society. “Things could have been a lot worse” may not be the most stirring of slogans, but when everyone expected utter disaster, it amounts to a policy triumph.

The priority of the government is so skewed in favor of the top 1% that it flies in the face factual evidence. The idea that increasing the confidence of the market - a collective of people who produce absolutely nothing - is more important than raising the standard of living for 99% of Americans shows how intellectually bankrupt and morally corrupt our government's financial policy has become.

Alienshogun said:

My post was in response to some one saying "It's absurd to think the cops were directly aiming at the protesters."

I posted a link showing conclusively there was at least one cop deliberately aiming at protesters.

You respond with a non sequitur crying "NOT ALL COPS ARE BAD!" which completely misses the point of my post.

Again, it is a non sequitur. I never said all cops are bad. What is the point of your post? From my perspective and from what you've posted, it appears to be fuck all.

Thought I'd post this because it's amusing and ironic.

A three-year investigation into the police’s habit of fixing traffic and parking tickets in the Bronx ended in the unsealing of indictments on Friday and a stunning display of vitriol by hundreds of off-duty officers, who converged on the courthouse to applaud their accused colleagues and denounce their prosecution.

As 16 police officers were arraigned at State Supreme Court in the Bronx, incensed colleagues organized by their union cursed and taunted prosecutors and investigators, chanting “Down with the D.A.” and “Ray Kelly, hypocrite.”

As the defendants emerged from their morning court appearance, a swarm of officers formed a cordon in the hallway and clapped as they picked their way to the elevators. Members of the news media were prevented by court officers from walking down the hallway where more than 100 off-duty police officers had gathered outside the courtroom.

The assembled police officers blocked cameras from filming their colleagues, in one instance grabbing lenses and shoving television camera operators backward.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/29/nyregion/officers-unleash-anger-at-ticket-fixing-arraignments-in-the-bronx.html

Deku

Banned
kame-sennin said:
The priority of the government is so skewed in favor of the top 1% that it flies in the face factual evidence. The idea that increasing the confidence of the market - a collective of people who produce absolutely nothing - is more important than raising the standard of living for 99% of Americans shows how intellectually bankrupt and morally corrupt our government's financial policy has become.

Iceland essentially nationalized their domestic banks, which was effectively what happened everywhere, but they were also able to offload the failing foreign banks to well, the foreigners.

that's an option a larger economy won't have.

Deku said:
Iceland essentially nationalized their domestic banks, which was effectively what happened everywhere, but they were also able to offload the failing foreign banks to well, the foreigners.

that's an option a larger economy won't have.

I was talking about austerity (the statements that reflect that are in bold) rather than Iceland's policy on bailouts.

Deku

Banned
kame-sennin said:
I was talking about austerity (the statements that reflect that are in bold) rather than Iceland's policy on bailouts.

Even granting that he was rather selective in his use of evidence

Iceland also went through austerity, but he doesn't mention it.

A second important factor is the success of the IMF Stand-By-Arrangement in the country since November 2008. The SBA includes three pillars. The first pillar is a program of medium term fiscal consolidation, involving painful austerity measures and significant tax hikes. The result has been that central government debts have been stabilised at around 80-90 percent of GDP.

Krugman has been on the 'spend more now' train for a few years now, and I understand his position, but his articles of late have been more about cheerleading a particular policy than a good analysis of the situation. It's increasingly partisan, and frankly, I'm not even saying he's wrong. Some stimulus will still be needed.

Just bad form.

bu.. bu.. but guys! What about those cops and military personal in Egypt, and Libya and those places... I mean just because a few assholes killed some people or beat them up doesn't mean they are all bad!

Deku said:
Krugman has been on the 'spend more now' train for a few years now, and I understand his position, but his articles of late have been more about cheerleading a particular policy than a good analysis of the situation. It's increasingly partisan, and frankly, I'm not even saying he's wrong. Some stimulus will still be needed.

Just bad form.

Boosting completely failed economies such as Greece is a flawed line of reason. They need to fix their legal system and get the entire government system in order before boosting spending in order to achieve growth. Pouring water into a bottomless glass is not productive.

LuCkymoON

Banned
Karakand said:
you should direct your anger at the governments for allowing it to happen. (some willingly allow it) If they had stopped this loophole when it first appeared it would not be a standard industry practice today.

slit

I haven't seen this posted in here:

Nashville protesters arrested.

What's cool here is that the night judge is throwing out all the arrest warrants even though a curfew was imposed by the Republican governor. The judge is saying that there is no legal basis for the arrests. At least someone is protecting the constitution.

Source: Tea party groups say cities favor Occupy protesters; Va. group wants $8,000 returned

RICHMOND, Va. — Tea party activists on Thursday accused officials in at least four cities of giving preferential treatment to anti-Wall Street protesters, and one group in Richmond is asking the city to repay $8,000 spent for permits and other needs.

In addition to Richmond and Charlottesville, Va., tea party groups in Washington and Atlanta said Occupy protesters have openly defied police and local officials without consequence. A national tea party coordinator echoed those claims.

“If you’re law-abiding citizens, they’re going to make you follow every bit and letter of the law,” said Mark Meckler, national coordinator and co-founder of Tea Party Patriots. “What we’re talking about is selective enforcement of the law.”

Officials in those cities have denied accusations of favoritism, and authorities in other cities say they have had no such complaints. Pittsburgh officials said permits for events related to the First Amendment are routinely issued for free, and groups must provide their own portable sanitation. In Denver, Occupy protesters sleep on the sidewalk, which is legal in the city. And in Philadelphia, Occupy Philly organizers are going to be billed for expenses including electricity and portable toilets.

The tea party groups’ claims also come on the heels of mass arrests and shows of force in Atlanta and Oakland, Calif. In Atlanta, police in riot gear recently arrested more than 50 people who had been camped out in a city park. In Oakland, police clashes with protesters left an Iraq war veteran in critical condition with a skull fracture.

The Richmond Tea Party said Mayor Dwight C. Jones’ administration sought permit fees, portable toilets and other demands for their events, but has given Occupy Richmond a free pass. The occupation has grown to a tent city, with a makeshift library, a volleyball net and a row of portable toilets. Jones has said that because he is a product of the civil rights movement he has allowed the Occupy protesters to remain since Oct. 17.

“He’s sympathizing with them,” said Colleen Owens, a spokeswoman for the Richmond Tea Party. “We would never, as a tea party, have gotten away with not complying with the law.”

Tea party organizers had to buy liability insurance, hire police and emergency personnel and even keep a defibrillator on site, Owens said.

The mayor declined to answer questions from The Associated Press on Thursday afternoon during a visit to the city’s crumbling Kanawha Plaza. A spokeswoman, Tammy D. Hawley, said the tea party groups had not contacted the city about the bills for their rallies.

Jones told the protesters that he understands their demonstration but that he ultimately will have to enforce the city’s laws, Hawley said.

Brendan Steinhauser, director of campaigns for FreedomWorks and a lead organizer of a massive tea party rally in September 2009 on the National Mall in Washington, said the group was careful to follow National Park Service rules — for example, providing one portable toilet for every 300 people and ensuring that 20 percent of toilets are wheelchair-accessible. By contrast, participants in two separate Occupy demonstrations in Washington are openly camping on park service property, which is against regulations.

“We basically did what they asked, stayed where they told us,” Steinhauser said. “We follow all these rules and we’re happy to do that. But there is sort of a double standard in the way that we were treated and the way that these guys are treated.”

The complaints underscore the difference in philosophy and approach between the two movements.

“We would never break the law,” said Owens, of the Richmond tea party.

By contrast, the Occupy Richmond activists settled in the small grass-and-concrete plaza within the shadow of the Federal Reserve Bank high-rise after a march from the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University.

“I think the difference is, we just came in and we did it,” said Ira Birch, 23, a student at VCU who camps at the park after her classes. “We don’t have the money to pay to the city, and that’s one of the reasons we’re here because we don’t have that kind of money.”

Veteran political and anti-war activist Tom Hayden scoffed at the tea party complaints and said Occupy protesters in Los Angeles plan to reseed lawns where they have camped.

“The occupiers are committing a form of civil disobedience by occupying public squares, parks and lawns,” he said. “They are not seeking a permit, which would cost you money in the first place.

quadriplegicjon said:
Can someone explain this image? I don't understand it.

:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_haven said:
Financial intermediaries. Much of the economic activity in tax havens today consists of professional financial services such as mutual funds, banking, life insurance and pensions. Generally the funds are deposited with the intermediary in the low-tax jurisdiction, and the intermediary then on-lends or invests the money (often back into a high-tax jurisdiction). Although such systems do not normally avoid tax in the principal customer's jurisdiction, it enables financial service providers to provide multi-jurisdictional products without adding an additional layer of taxation. This has proved particularly successful in the area of offshore funds.[14] In 2010 it was reported that Google uses techniques called the "Double Irish" and "Dutch Sandwich" to reduce its corporate income tax to 2.4%, by funnelling its corporate income through Ireland and from there to a shell in the Netherlands where it can be transferred to Bermuda, which has no corporate income tax.[15]

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Not sure if I can take the Occupy wall st. seriously anymore. I passed by the city hall in downtown L.A. few days ago just to see whats up so far and read numerous "9/11 was an inside job"-like propaganda signs around the lawn area. Honestly wtf.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Verano said:
Not sure if I can take the Occupy wall st. seriously anymore. I passed by the city hall in downtown L.A. few days ago just to see whats up so far and read numerous "9/11 was an inside job"-like propaganda signs around the lawn area. Honestly wtf.

Welcome to every protest in America for the past decade.

bounchfx

not sure if I can take Verano seriously anymore... see's a couple of fucking wackos and reconsiders the entire OWS movement on their actions alone..

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
DOO13ER said:
Until MSNBC or the like starts advertising upcoming live coverage of Occupy Wall Street 2011: Live from Times Square Live* on November 5 (LIVE!) then I think the Tea Party should probably keep its mouth shut.

sponsored by Doritos brand corn chips, ACORN (yes, we're back bitches!) George Soros, Mao Zedong and the fallen angel Lucifer.
Where does Doritos fit in on that list of sponsors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom