• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What was the ban bet over?

If CM Punk will win his first MMA fight. There was no chance, really. I remember being legitimately sad how much he got worked. It looked bad, then it looked worse. I was good with bad. Worse made me feel bad for him, even though I shouldn't.

Heroman

Banned
Why would anyone make a bet that 40 year old man who never had a shoot fight in his life would beat a 25 talented fighter who been training for years?

Sephzilla

If CM Punk will win his first MMA fight. There was no chance, really. I remember being legitimately sad how much he got worked. It looked bad, then it looked worse. I was good with bad. Worse made me feel bad for him, even though I shouldn't.

Honestly I felt bad seeing that happen too. Like, I knew he was going to lose. But I thought he'd at least get in a little offense and look competitive at least at a very basic level. But nope, with the first punch of the entire fight he got baited into the easiest takedown ever and got exposed in front of the world as being someone who had absolutely no business being there. Conor looked more competitive against Floyd than Punk did against Gall

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why would anyone make a bet that 40 year old man who never had a shoot fight in his life would beat a 25 talented fighter who been training for years?

I don't care about the actual possibility of it happening, I just wanted a fun bet. I love fun bets. Love gambling.

I don't know why WWE has such a talented video production team but can't seem to get the live stuff (Bray, Ascension, Bludgeon Brothers) to not look like shit.

Sephzilla

Going to buy some Overwatch boxes later.

fKfzh1K.gif

Zach

GWF IX is happening in just over 24 hours and Biggest-Geek-Ever is nowhere to be found! He better not fake heart palpitations, brother!

I don't know why WWE has such a talented video production team but can't seem to get the live stuff (Bray, Ascension, Bludgeon Brothers) to not look like shit.

They kept the camera on the Bludgeon Brothers for so long that I thought they were going to break out laughing and it was going to be a joke. That would have been the better ending.

Heel Sami is gold! I love it, man I hope WWE don't stuff this up.
They will.

Face Roode is so stupid, whhy make him a face?? :|

My guess is because they knew people would love to sing his song. Better to start as a face then move over to heel. Can't have a heel come onto the main roster and the casual fan doesn't know why people are singing his song.

Heel Sami is gold! I love it, man I hope WWE don't stuff this up.
They will.

Face Roode is so stupid, whhy make him a face?? :|
Probably because WWE want to avoid another heel who gets loudly cheered every week.

A guy with Roode's entrance is never going to be a heel with any real crowd dislike.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really can't wait to see how Sami/Owens plays out. The redemption arc is gonna be unbelievable, I swear.

Sami and Owens being friends like this is going to make for a killer feud down the line. So far so good, I'm glad that they're using Sami for something like this.

Ska is villainous music, brothers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sami and Owens being friends like this is going to make for a killer feud down the line. So far so good, I'm glad that they're using Sami for something like this.

Ska is villainous music, brothers.

Completely agree.

Heroman

Banned
I really want to see Nevile vs Ishii, like that is the match I want to see the most if Neville ends up in NJPW. Also, Neville should keep the style he has at the moment and do not revert to more flippy stuff.
I can guarantee that Neville will do way more flips in roh/njpw than he is doing right now. And yeah a Ishii match would be tremendous.

I can guarantee that Neville will do way more flips in roh/njpw than he is doing right now. And yeah a Ishii match would be tremendous.

Probably as a face or if he goes to the Jr, division, but if he goes as a heel and skips the jrs. he will not do much. If he keeps improving his style, in NJPW he could become a top worker and easily the second foreigner talent below Omega.

Neville has no reason to do more flips unless he wants to

He's already flippy as fuck, I'd only see him doing more complex spots/reversals vs. trying to outdo himself as PAC or something

Like a tad flippier version of what Omega's been doing

It's a shame WWE looks like they're going to sign Tessa Blanchard. She's a goddamned awful human being, treats other folks like pieces of shit. If you want lockerroom shit to stop, hiring her on will just perpetuate it. She's terribo.

Isn't it mainly just that one story with Victoria (which has been disputed btw)?

Or are there other stories about her that I've missed?

It's a shame WWE looks like they're going to sign Tessa Blanchard. She's a goddamned awful human being, treats other folks like pieces of shit. If you want lockerroom shit to stop, hiring her on will just perpetuate it. She's terribo.

That locker room is so big I can't see her taking over.

They seem super ready to just bench people forever as well.

Top Bottom