• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

XenoRaven

Stream of consciousness alert. My friend said a terrible thing today but it got me thinking. He said he wanted to do the career mode in WWE 2K15 and make a heel that would eventually go on to hospitalize Roman Reigns so he wouldn't have to see him wrestle anymore. That got me thinking about real life situations that would put a wrestler at the greatest risk of career ending injury.

So now I pose the question to you. Instead of fantasy booking matches you think would be great, let's fantasy book the most disastrous matches possible.

If you're curious, the first idea that came into my head was Ryback vs Roman Reigns in an Iron Man match.

FWE have two iPPVs this weekend and are giving the Friday show away for FREE;

XGIjM9Y.jpg

http://www.fwewrestling.com/

Zach

This is a bad thread. It is the Halloween Havoc 1995 of threads, without the laughs.

OP, you have single-handedly ruined October/Halloween for us all.

Gonzalez

Banned
If you're curious, the first idea that came into my head was Ryback vs Roman Reigns in an Iron Man match.

Daniel Bryan is booked into a tag match, and he gets to choose his partner. Daniel Bryan comes out and announces his partner to the world.

*Organ music*

It's Kane! A Team Hell No reunion on RAW! But wait, Daniel stood in the pyro danger zone. Bryan now has a choice, either replace 80% of his skin with animal skin, or live a life of agony for the rest of his existence. Of course Bryan being the liberal that he is chooses to not harm an animal for his sake, so he gives up, and retires for good.

somedevil

Interesting, it's not just NXT: (from the Mets AMA)

Its hard to trust anyone from Reddit right now. Is this the same guy that said AJ was pregnant and is claiming Brie vs Nikki is going to be a Hell in the Cell match?

Plus the dolphin guy was exposed a long time ago and now just posts the betting lines as his insider result.

kirblar

No surprise since it seems like there is more time dedicated to wrestling on smackdown.
Raw really should be the "Angles" show and Smackdown the "Wrestling" show, but the 3 hours on Raw just makes them extend all the (non-important) matches far longer than they need to be.
Its hard to trust anyone from Reddit right now. Is this the same guy that said AJ was pregnant and is claiming Brie vs Nikki is going to be a Hell in the Cell match?

Plus the dolphin guy was exposed a long time ago and now just posts the betting lines as his insider result.
Nah, this guy is apparently mod-confirmed, former employee.

gaiadyne

Saw the hall of shame... I mean fame posted in the OT and saw my name in it excited only to see a later hall of shame which I didn't make the cut. Sadness

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, music and wrestling were so bad in 1999. I don't know how I survived it.

Movies weren't much better either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1999 had some goooooooood movies tho

Meh, not when you hold it up to most other years. Like when the Matrix is one of your strongest contenders? Got a problem, and I like the Matrix. But it ain't a classic. Neither is Rushmore despite it probably being the movie that gave birth to Titus and Spiders. Iron Giant, Man On The Moon, and South Park probably the best movies of that year. And part of South Park was just for the media buzz.

I won't go into my feelings about Fight Club.

I always thought matrix 3 got a bad rap from the stench of #2, it had some good action scenes.

But they should have stopped at the end of the first one.

Rushmore is tops. Iron Giant is probably my favorite animated movie. Fight Club, Ghost Dog, The Limey, Election, Three Kings, Office Space, Lock Stock. Now i'm just getting into "stuff that's good" though, because I don't realllllly care about what's considered "classic." I haven't seen Magnolia or Being John Malkovich though, i hear those are good.

Of course, there's also THE MUMMY, so it's not really a question of how good 1999 was, but rather, how much better was it than every other year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, Phantom Menace. Not only was there nothing that amazing, but some of the worst movies ever also release in 1999.

I should Zach 1999 in movies. Except I don't want to spend any money.

I got my copy of Death of WCW 10th Anniversary today. This is some book. I'm only halfway through 1998 and already this company has done tons and tons of stupid fucking things.

Rushmore is tops. Iron Giant is probably my favorite animated movie. Fight Club, Ghost Dog, The Limey, Election, Three Kings, Office Space, Lock Stock. Now i'm just getting into "stuff that's good" though, because I don't realllllly care about what's considered "classic." I haven't seen Magnolia or Being John Malkovich though, i hear those are good.

Of course, there's also THE MUMMY, so it's not really a question of how good 1999 was, but rather, how much better was it than every other year.
Those two are really really good. Might be Spike Jonze and PT Anderson's best works.

Top Bottom