• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc213

Damn first blown save for Guerra, Still not bad. I hope they give him a chance to close next year, He has been good. Most important is that he doesn't self implode if he gets himself in a jam.

Jubs

freddie-freeman.jpg

Roty

Sharp

Phillies fans apparently were placing Ian Desmond bobbleheads in the urinals and pissing on them

Why am I not even mad about this

Doytch

Gotta say, kinda like this 10pm start time business. Party at a friend's clothes store, get some birrs, buy a shirt, and come back in time for the third inning. Time management, kids.

Holy shit Altuve hit his first HR. Time to watch this shit. Ahhh what the shit MLB, it's not in 'the archive' yet. Amateur hour.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
Gotta say, kinda like this 10pm start time business. Party at a friend's clothes store, get some birrs, buy a shirt, and come back in time for the third inning. Time management, kids.

Holy shit Altuve hit his first HR. Time to watch this shit. Ahhh what the shit MLB, it's not in 'the archive' yet. Amateur hour.

It was an inside the parker. No idea what the hell Cody Ross was doing there but it was not playing defense.

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
It was an inside the parker. No idea what the hell Cody Ross was doing there but it was not playing defense.
This simultaneously grows the Legend of Jose Altuve (fuck that hack Sam Fuld), yet it is also somewhat disappointing. I was hoping for a 450ft blast.

And WTF AA, we signed Kyle Davies???? I hope he dies of alcohol poisoning in Vegas so I never have to see him throw a pitch.

Sharp

Doytch said:
This simultaneously grows the Legend of Jose Altuve (fuck that hack Sam Fuld), yet it is also somewhat disappointing. I was hoping for a 450ft blast.

And WTF AA, we signed Kyle Davies???? I hope he dies of alcohol poisoning in Vegas so I never have to see him throw a pitch.
Isn't Kyle Davies the guy someone used to illustrate how rare it is for someone so shitty to get as many starts as he has?

Meohsix

*Stupid drunk post incoming*

i was just sitting here thinking how unacceptable it is that the only team that's not located in America, Plays in the American league.

This needs to change. and here are the four options major league baseball can choose between.

1. Get rid of the bluejays altogether.

2. Move the bluejays to America.

3. Move the bluejays to the National League.

4. Chane the name of the American League to The National League
and change the name of the National League to That Shitty Other League.

We need to start a petition or something so this gets taken care of during the winter meetings.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
George said:

i was just sitting here thinking how unacceptable it is that the only team that's not located in America, Plays in the American league.

This needs to change. and here are the four options major league baseball can choose between.

1. Get rid of the bluejays altogether.

2. Move the bluejays to America.

3. Move the bluejays to the National League.

4. Chane the name of the American League to The National League
and change the name of the National League to That Shitty Other League.

We need to start a petition or something so this gets taken care of during the winter meetings.

Of course Yankees fans want to contract the Jays now.

They can't even fathom the thought that a team other than the Rays is going to end the usual two team division charade that is the AL East.

Doytch

Windu said:
Kyle Davies looks like a starter though, that has to count for something.
When image searching Kyle Davies, I typed Kyle Dfavies. Nostradamus all up in here.

Desmond Jennings stole three bases today, cured cancer. I eagerly await Brett Lawrie's attempt to one-up him.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
George said:

Canada is part of North America. Putting them in the National League makes no sense since they are an international team.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Lambtron said:
Canada is part of North America. Putting them in the National League makes no sense since they are an international team.
The logo is an eagle. There's only one merka that counts.

I say we move them to their own league. Cheater League.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Joe Shlabotnik said:
He's had it like that for a couple of weeks, hasn't he? Not that that really answers your question.

Also, Girardi is a bad liar.
yeah but i usually turn his starts off after 2 innings due to badness

i watched the postgame today to see Burnettgate

More sky-is-falling news for the Giants:

Brian Wilson's heading to the DL with a bad elbow, retroactive to August 15. He already had Tommy John surgery in 2003 and was told there's no structure damage.

Jonathan Sanchez is not making his next start after suffering a sprained ankle on August 17, though he's not going on the DL yet. Dan Runzler is making the spot start tomorrow against the Astros.

The Braves have 35 games remaining on their schedule. Despite being back 7.5 games of the Phillies in the NL East, they have a playoff berth all but sealed barring a major collapse and a major charge by an opponent. Their magic number to clinch the Wild Card now stands at 28 following their 8-1 win over the Diamondbacks and the Giants' 7-5 loss to the Astros. The Braves lead the Giants by 8.0 games and the Cardinals by 8.5 games. The Cardinals also lost today, a 3-0 shutout by the Cubs. The teams behind the Cardinals, the Reds and Nationals, are tied at 13.5 games back.

The Braves, who are 12-4 in their last 16 games, have a major cushion. Even if they go 17-18 the rest of the way, the Giants (who are 6-16 in their last 22 games) would have to go 25-10 to win the Wild Card by one game. The Cardinals (who are 4-7 in their last 11 games) would have to go 26-10 to do the same.

Oh yes.

verbum

NL Home Run Leaders:

1. Albert Pujols St. Louis 30
2, Dan Uggla Atlanta 29
3. Mile Stanton Florida 29
4. Lance Berkman St. Louis 28
5. Prince Fielder Milwaukee 28

AL Home Run Leaders *

1. Jose Bautista Montreal 35
2. Curtis Granderson New York 34
3. Mark Teixeira New York 33
4. Paul Konerko Chicago 28
5. Mark Reynolds Baltimore 27

(*I attribute the numbers being higher in the AL to the poor pitching they have and smaller ball parks. Second rank league and all that.) : )

I was looking specifically for Uggla's rank since he hit 2 last night. Surprised to see him up to second place in the NL.

mYm|17|

verbum said:
NL Home Run Leaders:

1. Albert Pujols St. Louis 30
2, Dan Uggla Atlanta 29
3. Mile Stanton Florida 29
4. Lance Berkman St. Louis 28
5. Prince Fielder Milwaukee 28

AL Home Run Leaders *

1. Jose Bautista Montreal 35
2. Curtis Granderson New York 34
3. Mark Teixeira New York 33
4. Paul Konerko Chicago 28
5. Mark Reynolds Baltimore 27

(*I attribute the numbers being higher in the AL to the poor pitching they have and smaller ball parks. Second rank league and all that.) : )

I was looking specifically for Uggla's rank since he hit 2 last night. Surprised to see him up to second place in the NL.

:lol

Joe Shlabotnik said:
He's had it like that for a couple of weeks, hasn't he? Not that that really answers your question.

Also, Girardi is a bad liar.
Def. Cursed at Girardi. Girardi is funny. "He had a fist fight, that's what happened!" Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom