• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
George said:
*Stupid drunk post incoming*

i was just sitting here thinking how unacceptable it is that the only team that's not located in America, Plays in the American league.

This needs to change. and here are the four options major league baseball can choose between.

1. Get rid of the bluejays altogether.

2. Move the bluejays to America.

3. Move the bluejays to the National League.

4. Chane the name of the American League to The National League
and change the name of the National League to That Shitty Other League.

We need to start a petition or something so this gets taken care of during the winter meetings.
Just you wait until the Expos return brah. Make you humble.

jakncoke

Banned
BUCS LOCK UP JOSE TABATA THROUGH 2016

The Pittsburgh Pirates today announced the signing of outfielder Jose Tabata to a six-year contract extension through 2016 with club options for 2017, 2018 and 2019. The announcement was made by Pirates Senior Vice President, General Manager Neal Huntington.

Nice :)

h3ro

A9h60.jpg

He's back. <3

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm going to need to somebody to explain to me why extending Jose Tabata to that kind of money was a good idea because I can't see it as anything other than foolish.

He is completely average defensively and he has absolutely no power. His positives would be his pretty good OBP and his baserunning.

And a 6 year extension means they're locking him through until he turns 40. I don't get it.

It's the Rays approach but I can't see how Tabata's skillset would make anybody think he could turn out to be some kind of steal.

clemenx

Banned
It's not a steal unless he develops power, but It's not crippling if he remains this average hitter he is. And I think you're not giving Tabata much credit. He has shown in his 2 stints that he can be a 3 WAR player easily, IMO.
I honestly see it as a bluff to the McCutchen camp, since they apparently don't even want to discuss an extension.

Sharp

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Damn saw the attendance number for Nationals yesterday. why did so many fans come out? Crazy comeback attracted the fans?
No, the FO this year decided to start handing out standing room only tickets, so sellouts can be hgiher than they used to. They also advertise to Phillies fans and sell tour buses to come down here with their fans. It fucking sucks.

I cant remember seeing Halladay get squeezed like this before. He usually get those pitches on the corners. Wow Werth almost showed a human emotion there.

Sharp

lol @ Nats announcers trying to call it a ball when Pichtrax shows it's clearly a strike. I don't know why they even use Pitchtrax if they're just going to ignore it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seriously? It's been 4 starts. Yeah it hasn't gone to plan but talk about overreacting.

Brewers should have DFA'd Greinke after his first 4 starts this season.

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Seriously? It's been 4 starts. Yeah it hasn't gone to plan but talk about overreacting.

Everything I say is 100% serious!!

Also, Greinke has pitched great all year long, it just took awhile for the traditional numbers to catch up.

darkside31337 said:

He hasn't made it past the fifth inning as an Indian. How could a tribes fan not be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom