• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom of the 9th for Nationals' last game, too bad they fell just short of .500, but one game away is pretty good, for that franchise.

hemtae said:
Not entirely sure how he got the nickname, but his father is Tito Francona
According to Wikipedia that was his father's nickname, yeah, so it's not likely something he (Terry) just picked up in the last few years.

The Frankman said:
When LeBron was in Cleveland heard it alot. Can be used with Dwight Howard also.

Must've got it in Boston, never heard that name when he was in Philly.

He was Tito the whole time he was in Philly.

hemtae

SuperMalo said:
Betances isn't a scrub but he's probably going to get bombed.

My team is probably going to have John Lackey pitch the most important game of the season if they win this most important game of the season. I'm allowed to call whoever I want a scrub. Scrub.

McNei1y

80-81 and third place in the NL East. If someone told me this at the beginning of the season I would've been shocked. I knew this team was progressing but I haven't felt this happy since '05. Gonna miss it.

At least theres some awesome wild card and playoff baseball coming.

AnEternalEnigma said:
I am so nervous. I haven't vomited in over 14 years, but I'm pretty close.

24z92fq.gif

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm the opposite. Been excited all day for baseball.

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited too. Even though this has been really tough to watch, deep down I know it's ultimately great for baseball and that all eyes are going to be on four games tonight that three weeks ago looked totally meaningless.

I just want to get it going.

SuperMalo said:
Betances isn't a scrub but he's probably going to get bombed.

Well he can't possibly be as nervous as he was last time. If "if you get shelled, the Red Sox are probably eliminated" doesn't help you relax, nothing will.

I'm debating what to watch.

Boston
Tampa Bay
St. Louis
or Atlanta

I'm leaning on following St. Louis and Boston. Don't really want to juggle 4 games.

EDIT: Are these games blackout? I have my ps3 and mlb.tv ready for this.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
lowhighkang_LHK said:
I'm debating what to watch.

Boston
Tampa Bay
St. Louis
or Atlanta

I'm leaning on following St. Louis and Boston. Don't really want to juggle 4 games.

EDIT: Are these games blackout? I have my ps3 and mlb.tv ready for this.

ESPN3 has all the games online.

Rays game is blacked out for me, so I can't juggle 3 games on one screen but whatever :(

Malo

Banned
Joe Shlabotnik said:
Well he can't possibly be as nervous as he was last time. If "if you get shelled, the Red Sox are probably eliminated" doesn't help you relax, nothing will.
He was awful in his debut, can't possibly be worse even though the rays are hoping for that. I want him to do well but I also want the rays to win. Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom