• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
vas_a_morir said:
So, are we all in agreement?

Is this not the best night of baseball you've ever seen? Is that Rays comeback not the craziest shit you've ever seen? Is it not?

There's nothing close. There have been better games. There have never been three of them. Simultaneously.

Jangocube

Banned
Well, at least the Orioles did something good this season. Epic final series.

Once again, if we only had some damn pitching and a somewhat decent 1st baseman, we'd be great. But alas, the Orioles only spent $85 million this year and didn't think they needed those things!

Oh well, $160 million can't even get you into the playoffs these days. Hopefully the offseason is kind to the birds.

I will say this. I'm crushed that the Braves just got bounced. But this has been one of the best nights of baseball ever. This is why it's the best sport of the world. Nothing's better.

h3ro

APcvl.png

igaonb.gif

tkgkm.jpg

eznark said:
Red Sox spend all the money in the world transforming themselves into the wrong New York team!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:lol :lol

Ez, you're such a bastard, and that's why I love you.

Bring on the D-Backs! Going to Game 2, it's going to be nuts.

I say the Red Sox collapse is probably worse. The Cardinals got really hot, while the Braves were just mediocre until they became horrendous in the last week. So it was really Cards streaking and Braves falling.

The Rays never got super hot until the last five games, Boston just tanked on their own.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Sharp said:
Don't feel too bad, you saw a lot of things to give you hope for next year

Like uh Reimold clutch
Yeah, I felt good for Reimold, after the way management played with him for the last like 2 years. But still.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
AnEternalEnigma said:
I will say this. I'm crushed that the Braves just got bounced. But this has been one of the best nights of baseball ever. This is why it's the best sport of the world. Nothing's better.
indeed

Paches

Jangocube said:

Once again, if we only had some damn pitching and a somewhat decent 1st baseman, we'd be great. But alas, the Orioles only spent $85 million this year and didn't think they needed those things!

Oh well, $160 million can't even get you into the playoffs these days. Hopefully the offseason is kind to the birds.
roberts-dance.gif

eznark said:
Red Sox spend all the money in the world transforming themselves into the wrong New York team!!

Werd, why would anybody want to be the New York Knicks?

Fox318

eznark said:

HhceZ.jpg

It's great. The red sox collapse and the Mets are the punchline.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm just dropping in to say that that was one amazing night of baseball. I'm a yankee fan so nothing's sweeter than seeing Boston suffer but the braves-phillies was also great. 2 chokes that were even worse than the Mets, I didn't think I'd even see 1 like that for many years.

ConradCervantes said:
:lol :lol

Ez, you're such a bastard, and that's why I love you.

Bring on the D-Backs! Going to Game 2, it's going to be nuts.

Should be awesome! I'll be at Game 1. Just waiting to see what time it's going to be...

Pumped up!

Brewers Cardinals NLCS COUNT ON IT!

TheNatural

My Member!
Amazing because at the same time, it was literally O's down to final out, no one on, and the Yankees had 1st and 3rd no one out.

Then 10 minutes later, Rays in, Boston out.

eznark

Banned
tyguy20204 said:
Should be awesome! I'll be at Game 1. Just waiting to see what time it's going to be...

Pumped up!

Brewers Cardinals NLCS COUNT ON IT!
Me too! Gonna go to both.cannot fucking wait!!!

Snaku

Banned
Wish I still lived in Tampa, those 2008 playoff games were epic. Seeing Game 7 in person against the Sox in the ALCS, with Price closing them out was unforgettable.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Jangocube said:

Reynolds is alright at first. Guessing they just have him play there full time next year. Hopefully Buck isn't named GM tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom