• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official comic movie news: Aronofsky directing Watchmen, Gaiman to direct Death movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040723d.php
Watchmen: ""Watchmen," the seminal DC Comics limited series, has landed at Paramount Pictures. Darren Aronofsky will develop and direct the project, which is being written by David Hayter. It is a crime-conspiracy story that provided the first realistic look at the behind-the-heroics lives of superhero archetypes..."
""Death" has a new lease on life at New Line Cinema. Graphic novel "Death: The High Cost of Living" has landed at the minimajor in turnaround from Warner Bros. Pictures, and its creator, graphic novelist Neil Gaiman, is in negotiations to make his helming debut on the pic...."

Verry interesting...

I wished Aronofvsky would have gotten The Fountain project off the ground. I'll settle for the Watchmen though.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Sal Paradise Jr said:
Verry interesting...

I wished Aronofvsky would have gotten The Fountain project off the ground. I'll settle for the Watchmen though.
AFAIK, The Fountain is still coming. IMDB has Hugh Jackman attached, as a matter of fact.

8bit

Knows the Score
Fuckpigs.
I really wish no-one tried to make Watchmen, it's pretty much undoable as a 2 hour movie without ruining it.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Noooooooooooooooooo....I thought the "Death" movie was a Discworld novel turning into a movie (partly because Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett have worked together before). :(

One day....one day...

=W=

I have high hopes for the Watchmen movie, but I don't really like Death that much as a graphic novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom