• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF WoW GA Guild Thread.

Server: Gilneas
Side: Horde

This is a thread where anyone from GAF that wants to join the guild can post there info, and subsequently be added.

It's also a thread where someone can post days for people in the guild to get together for instance groupings.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Once it launches live over "here" it may be an idea to have a European "affiliate" guild for the sake of lag-efficiency, as theres no way I'm going to join a US server and suffer 150-250ms lag when I can enjoy my current 40-60ms ping on one of the Euro servers.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Vennt said:
Once it launches live over "here" it may be an idea to have a European "affiliate" guild for the sake of lag-efficiency, as theres no way I'm going to join a US server and suffer 150-250ms lag when I can enjoy my current 40-60ms ping on one of the Euro servers.

You act like this is a FPS... 250ms is more than fine for a MMO.

Jupiter

Is this PvE?
There is already a GAF PvP guild on Darkspear. Although, I haven't played in about a month so I don't know how its doing.

This is PvE...

Tam switched servers to ours :).

Vennt - 150-250ms is quite good, easily playable in an MMORPG. Heck, WoW is playable when the ping is around 300-400ms.

What's the name of the guild? I might start up a guy on Gilneas so I can play too. :)

My main is on Garona, anybody wanna start a GAF guild there? I'm "Fidgit," Lvl32 Gnome Warlock.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
commish said:
You act like this is a FPS... 250ms is more than fine for a MMO.

Not in PvP it isn't, I've played MUDS, UO, DAoC, SWG & Anarchy Online, and in every one a difference of 150ms is lethal in PvP.

Sirpopop: Ahh fair enough, I'm likely to go for a PvP server anyhow.

Name of the Guild - The Face of Anger

Tre - Guild Leader - His name is Varindo
me - Jravis
CK - Wellie
Tamanon - Tamanon

That's who to contact for invites. Haven't seen Rushmore around in a while, but he's another guild officer to talk with.

Shadax

Banned
PVE? Boo-urns! PVP fools! Test your might! What's the point of being high level if you can't slaughter innocent n00bs!? :D

When I get some time I'll create either an Undead Warlock or Tauren Hunter or Orc Warrior to join the GAF Guild.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shadax said:
PVE? Boo-urns! PVP fools! Test your might! What's the point of being high level if you can't slaughter innocent n00bs!? :D

When I get some time I'll create either an Undead Warlock or Tauren Hunter or Orc Warrior to join the GAF Guild.

You can PVP, and you don't have to deal with muthafuckas killing you for looking at them funny.

Shadax

Banned
Wellington said:
You can PVP, and you don't have to deal with muthafuckas killing you for looking at them funny.

It's excitement! The Deeprun Tram is like a real-life subway! You don't know if you're gonna get jumped while you're waiting in the empty station for your train!

Blizzard innovates yet again! :)

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Well, maybe I'll slap up an alt so I can do stuff with you guys. In the meantime, if you happen to see a Night Elf rogue named Lovelyrita running around on Gilneas be sure to send a wave. Maybe we can communicate through emote pantamime or something. :p

Slo

I finally found a copy of WoW today. I'll be playing Horde, but I won't be able to dedicate my life to this game, so I might not be a worthy guildmate.

Slo

Ok, I just created a character on Gilneas, and Orc Hunter. Is this going to be a poor choice for PVP in later levels? Should I switch to an undead mage?

Edit: His name is SloRok.

Shadax

Banned
Slo said:
Ok, I just created a character on Gilneas, and Orc Hunter. Is this going to be a poor choice for PVP in later levels? Should I switch to an undead mage?

Edit: His name is SloRok.

I can give you tips on running a mage and selecting the right talents for PVP, and yes, a mage is a much better choice than Hunter for PVP. Also, if you're going to do a Horde mage, choose a Troll instead of Undead.

Slo

Why troll instead of undead? I'm not attached to undead, but I read that undead mages can wield sword, which is one thing I missed with my Warlock in the beta.

Shadax

Banned
Slo said:
Why troll instead of undead? I'm not attached to undead, but I read that undead mages can wield sword, which is one thing I missed with my Warlock in the beta.

All mages, regardless of race, can wield a sword. Trolls have natural increased health regen (even during combat), which is a nice perk for a mage. Undead bonuses to sleep, fear and charm is a decent bonus, but I'd rather have health regen. There's some other racial bonus Trolls get that I'm not remembering...

Slo

Ok, I'll play a couple hours with SloRok and try out a troll mage and decide which one I want to go with.

paul777

Banned
I was finally able to buy the game today. I'm a lvl 2 undead mage on Gilneas called Setmalis. Can I join your guy's guild?

yeah sure... when I see you online I'll invite ya.

Oh yeah...

This Friday/Saturday - Anyone up for a dungeon crawl?

Tam,Tre,CK,Drinky?

firex

Shadax said:
All mages, regardless of race, can wield a sword. Trolls have natural increased health regen (even during combat), which is a nice perk for a mage. Undead bonuses to sleep, fear and charm is a decent bonus, but I'd rather have health regen. There's some other racial bonus Trolls get that I'm not remembering...
stop jerking him around... undead is a far better race for pvp than troll, especially for a mage. and hunters are a fine choice for a pvp class.

Slo

I've hit a snag in my quest to become level 60 by this weekend. Right now I'm hovering around level 12, but I'm optimistic I can still meet me goals. :D

IJoel

Currently level 16 in the Gilneas server.

Trogdar - Level 16 Male Troll Shaman

Not to be confused with cousin Trogdor the Burninator:
trogdor.JPG

firex

kilrogg (my main server) tends to be one of those servers prone to having problems, so if it ever fucks up big time and they have to take it down for a day or two i'll migrate over to gilneas (at least until it's fixed), probably as a warrior. or when/if I just feel like playing on another server for awhile. if nothing else I can have a guy to log on every week or so on there and just answer questions about quests, classes, talents and stuff. I've wasted a ton of my time on this game so I'm pretty knowledgable about it.

<Phyacia> This is a lot of needless work, I know I'll win, they have to know
<Rushmore> that's what we said about 'Nam
<Phyacia> so the Bloodscalps = Vietnamese?

Oh yeah... for any of you GAFERs interested in starting up characters on Gilneas... there are three things we really really need:

Priests
Enchanters
Warlocks

If you're interested in starting up enchanting, I have tons of stuff I can give you from my abortive attempt at the skill. I can also make you cheap leather green stuff to disenchant.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Blizzard decided to implement a little "population control". :(

Euro players cannot connect to US servers (& visa versa), if They change this I'll probably roll up a Warlock/Enchanter on Gilneas.

In the meantime, if any Euro players on Aggramar want to group up, then send me a tell or mail in-game, Char name is Vennt (Faction: Alliance).

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Finally rolled an undead priest named Kergan on Gilneas, so if you see me online, give me a shout. I wouldn't mind joining the GA guild.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Can never have too many priests, especially on Gilneas. Last I checked on census info, the head count for Horde priests on Gilneas was abyssmally low. :( So far I'm liking the gig, it's a nice break from the melee stuff I've been doing up to this point. It's also nice to see that priests can dish out a decent amount of damage, as opposed to many other online RPGs where it's all about the healing and little else.

Acosta

I would like to join,, I like soloing but it would be nice having a group of people that I´m sure it´s going to be good, could I do it? Would try to be as helpful as possible.

I have bought it today, and will start in some minutes. I´m planning to create a Undead Warlock.

Acosta

Ok, I'm there (hard to find the server, I didn´t expect it was in german, I would like to say that I don´t know german in case it´s a problem for the guild, I wouldn´t like to be an annoyance).

I´m level 3 right now. Name: Akumu

Slo

No, not really. :lol I have no idea why you're seeing German. Are you located in Europe? Perhaps they don't list American servers in the browser?

Acosta

No, not really. I have no idea why you're seeing German. Are you located in Europe? Perhaps they don't list American servers in the browser?

hahaha, good one, a shame I saw both messages at once.

And yes, the european verision alocates servers for countries or languages, no idea. Gilneas it´s labelled as german (and actually I´m around lot of rookie germans right now).

Level 5 right now, I like the game so far. Warlock seems nice and it´s good to see your character advancing fast enough to get a variety of powers. Me and my Imp are bringing to the grave some human scum (that scarlet crusade humans are funny to kill)

Top Bottom