• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF WoW GA Guild Thread.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
In an act of stupidity of stupendous proportions, Blizzard has decided in it's lack of wisdom to copy some of the US server names for the names of the seperate European servers.

So if you're playing with a European copy, you get Euro servers only currently, and still no word on cross-atlantic connections. I can only guess that this is some sort of population control.

firex

Vennt said:
In an act of stupidity of stupendous proportions, Blizzard has decided in it's lack of wisdom to copy some of the US server names for the names of the seperate European servers.

So if you're playing with a European copy, you get Euro servers only currently, and still no word on cross-atlantic connections. I can only guess that this is some sort of population control.
As dumb as it is... god, I'd hate to see the problems of european and american servers merged together, the lag and crashes would be unbelievable. They say they're "looking into" letting people cross over but I think it's more like "we'll do that 3 months later when you don't want to give up your character and start all over again."

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
firex said:
As dumb as it is... god, I'd hate to see the problems of european and american servers merged together, the lag and crashes would be unbelievable. They say they're "looking into" letting people cross over but I think it's more like "we'll do that 3 months later when you don't want to give up your character and start all over again."

Well, I can understand keeping the servers seperate, however that doesn't change the fact that they could have still used unique names for the servers. It would have saved some confusion, and the duplication of names has already caused problems for WoW census.

Tré: If only I could ninja-loot as quick as I can ninja-post heh? :p

Acosta

mmm, so... one moment... I have passed like three hours levelling to find myself in a german server with no possibilities of join you.

Suicide...

Now I will have to repeat again in a english server or take fast lessons of german...

It´s a shame. next time I buy a MMRPG I will buy an american unit of it :p

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
If you join Aggramar on the Alliance side Gaijin, I'll give you a little silver, and group you through a few of your early quests to get you up & running quick. (in-game name: Vennt)

If you're going Horde, then I'll look out for you once Battlegrounds are in instead :p

Either way, 3 hours is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

shoplifter

I reactivated my acct just to dick around and play when my EQ2 guild doesn't have anything goin on, but I also started an Orc Hunter. Luckily I'm only lv5 so i can reroll.

I'll post the new name once I do so.

edit: I'D PROBABLY BE PLAYING RIGHT NOW IF I WASN'T GETTING ERROR 132 EVERY FRICKING TIME I LOAD UP CHARACTER CREATION. FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME BLIZZARD.

edit the second: Bramble, Tauren Druid

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
I started a warrior because I think the guild was missing that too (essential to have a tank too!).

Dormer, Lvl 5 Tauren Warrior

Slo

Guys, I need some help with Ragefire Casm. I've got 4 Elite quests that are clogging up my journal. I was hoping to solo it, since they turned green at level 19, but I can't even take out the first critter in the instance. :lol :(

Anybody got time for charity?

Slo

No takers? :-\ I tried to solo it last night since I'm level 21 w/ a pet. I don't even get experience from most of the mobs, but I still can't take down more than one at a time. :lol

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE?!

Slo

You rock! What night is good for you? Tonight I'm not going to be on, but some other time this weekend?

Rorschach

Oh, btw the reason you don't see me when I'm on is because you have to add me to your friend's list. I'd be glad to help since I need them too. I could probably solo it, but it would be painful.

Slo

Thanks, but Popopop held my hand thru Ragefire this morning. But thank you anyway. I'm willing to help anybody else that needs it, but I think it's going to be tough without a 35 in there.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm playing again, bitches. Still level 27, I will be hitting 28 fo' sho tonight, due to my enormous amount of rest XP. :lol

I'm down for some grouping if anyone wants to, but I am really just out for vengeance against those motherfuckers who killed the butcher in Crossroads. I'LL GET YOU, WYLDFYRE! HE WAS LIKE A BROTHER TO ME!

pick up the slack for me CK... I'm taking a break this week and just going to chill in the inn until Friday!

then... level 40 and mail here we come.

Edit: Oh yea... gonna need a gold each from ya so a guild tabard can be created!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sirpopopop said:
pick up the slack for me CK... I'm taking a break this week and just going to chill in the inn until Friday!

then... level 40 and mail here we come.

Edit: Oh yea... gonna need a gold each from ya so a guild tabard can be created!

A GOLD!? FUCK NO! NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!

Alex

Are you folks still taking members? I'm pretty sure I'll reroll soon. I dislike my server quite a bit.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm still paying for this...

Since I can't remember what's what, maybe once Madden's over, I finish RE4, and "play enough" of GT4....maybe then....

Slo

Can somebody around 40 do a /played for me? I'm starting to get frustrated with the longer time between levels and beginning to wonder if it's worth my effort. Seems like levels 28-32 have taken me weeks. :-\

The standard rubric is 8 days to 40, 16 to 60.

Around mid-thirties it becomes faster to ignore quests (unless you want the quest rewards) and to just grind enemies. Of course if you can do both at the same time, more power to you. But the quest XP rewards become negligible in comparison to what enemies provide.

Slo: I spent like 6 hours per level around 30-40, I've got around 8 days at 40. Keep in mind, I screw around a lot and don't bother with grinding/questing a lot of the time.

BTW: We now have an elemental leatherworker in the guild. Save your globes of water, hearts of fire, cores of earth, and breaths of wind for free cool stuff!

That said, at the moment, I can only make Gauntlets of the Sea, but in 20 skillups, I can make helms of fire!

Just decided to search the thread that got me interested in the guild. Never played a mmorpg before this, but am totally addicted now. You guys should join up in the guild. Lots of fun and good people. BTW, my name is Aliventhia in the guild. Was surprised to see that video Varindo! So wierd seeing it outside the game. But Yeh, im up late studying and the only thing i can think about is playing Wow. I finally have some gaf forum names to match with gaf guild names. I'd never imagine jravis as sirpopop or whatever.

So anyway, yeh, this game rocks.

Top Bottom