• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Gears Of War Tournament Thread

Ramirez

Ok ladies,there seems to be interest in the main thread,so I figure I'll try to set this up.If you're interested,PM me with your 4 man team and if we get enough people I'll set up brackets and let you all know who you play and we can decide the time/day for whenever everyone can get together.

I'm thinking double elimination, first to 6, and the game type can be either WZ/Execution,whichever people want to play more.So yea,just PM me if you can round of 4 guys that are interested, and please don't waste my time unless you're serious about playing :p

Teams so far:

-Ramirez
-Nutter
-Ironclad Ninja
-TJ Trasher

-Rod
-Vagrant
-Spooka
-Beamber

I don't even know who vagrant is on GAF,if anyone could fill me in that would be great. But yea,only two teams so far,lame!

rod

Banned
xwizitROD, beamber, vagr4nt and spooka will report for duty. GAF tags are rod, JB1981 spooka and vagrant.

BEATEN :D

rod

Banned
by the way, i think itd be better to not gives "maybe we'l do this and that" and just set it to first to 4, one full rotation of every map, warzone only (we could probably host an execution one after the conclusion of this one). so yeah, first to 4, every map cycled, and whoever wins the most maps, wins the that round :)

Nutter

GOD DAMNIT.. WHY DO I HAVE TO SEND A PM. :O (ITS TOO MUCH WORK)
Also this thread is in the wrong forum.. Sure it says online.. but no one reads it. well maybe a few up there ^^ eh.

ok enough of that.. I dont think I need to send that pm anyway.. your sniper will be ready. ;)

Ramirez

So you're saying play all 10 (?) maps with the first to 4?That would be cool,but I dont know if others would want to play that long.

rod

Banned
Ramirez said:
So you're saying play all 10 (?) maps with the first to 4?That would be cool,but I dont know if others would want to play that long.

im sure they would if it was a gaf tourney. we played like that yesterday and well tbh most of the time we go thru the map cycle TWICE :lol i think only then you could decide who the winner is. and rounds will go down to the wire.

rod

Banned
oh and nutter, even if you put it in the gaming section, they will move it here. trust me ;)

i think as long as we keep advertising it in the gears thread in the gaming section, we'l get people joining.

mikeGFG

Banned
JB1981 said:
Rod, Vagrant, Spooka and Beamber (JB1981). We're in.

VaderNOOOOO.gif

Nutter

Ramirez said:
Uhm I am cool for all these tourneys... but 10 matches against the same team is not something i support. Even if it is 4 rounds. I say just get a vote and pick the top 5 maps that people like and play them. Also some people will not even participate in this just because its 10 matches.. yeah I know this because I have tried this with Halo already.

-Best of 5 (4 rounds each)
-Double elimination games
-2 brackets
-Default Weapons
-Top 5 Best Maps as voted on.

LJ11

Doc/Flo, if you guys don't have a team then maybe we can get one rolling. I'm not sure if Denog is on a squad either.

Flo_Evans

does anyone know who Doctor Hacks or Tube Slider are on GAF? are they even from here? Does it matter if they post on GAF to be in the tourney? I need some ringers to beat the 'dream team' :lol

LJ11

Flo_Evans said:
does anyone know who Doctor Hacks or Tube Slider are on GAF? are they even from here? Does it matter if they post on GAF to be in the tourney? I need some ringers to beat the 'dream team' :lol

Doctor Hacks is Mike G.E.D

Nutter

Flo_Evans said:
"Dream Team" ? Who's that?

Doctor Hacks is Mike GED.

Ramirez

I like Nutter's idea best,I think playing all the maps would be overkill for some.

So yea,everyone list your top 5 maps and we'll go from there.

-War Machine
-Mausoleum
-Mansion
-Fuel Depot
-Canals

rod

Banned
Ramirez said:
I like Nutter's idea best,I think playing all the maps would be overkill for some.

So yea,everyone list your top 5 maps and we'll go from there.

-War Machine
-Mausoleum
-Mansion
-Fuel Depot
-Canals

thats kinda gay, dontcha think? i mean, everyone clearly has weaknesses on certain map (gridlocked, for example, i suck at) and it would be more even and "fair" if we played on every map. that ways noone will complain about I SUCK AT ALL THE MAPS THAT WERE CHOSEN.

if your not game enough to go every map tho...

rod

Banned
Flo_Evans said:
Rod, Vagrant, Spooka and Beamber (JB1981). Actually they should be called team jive talker. :lol

team jive talker :lol you were all smiles n kisses when you were on OUR team :lol GO GET UR 360.

hacks, if you want, we'd gladly take you on our team ;)

Ramirez

It's not that Im not down for it,I just don't think the majority of people would be,but if they want to then thats fine with me.

mikeGFG

Banned
rod said:
hacks, if you want, we'd gladly take you on our team ;)

No, no. Don't worry about it. It's the fun increases ninetyfold when I get to tag you and JB. :lol

As for the map rotation: I know playing ALL the maps is usually awesome, but it's going to be really daunting for a double elim tourney (and especially tiresome during the really close match-ups). Nutter's idea isn't "fair" to everyone, but it's certainly more efficient.

Here are my top 5 maps:

1. Canals
2. Clocktower
3. War Machine
4. Mansion
5. Fuel Depot

rod

Banned
fair enough re: the maps list, but at least make it 7 maps, so the rounds last longer! anyone have a list of every map?

JB1981

Flo_Evans said:
Rod, Vagrant, Spooka and Beamber (JB1981). Actually they should be called team jive talker. :lol

I never called our team the Dream Team. You said that! :lol

Anyway, I'll sign off on the maps Mike G.E.D. selected. They sound good to me, although, I think Gridlock would be a good inclusion as well.

What time is all this starting and who is hosting? The games I host are, as far as I know, lag-free. So lemme know.

JB1981

Ramirez said:
Gridlock is probably the worst map in the game :p

Eh, not really. It's one of the few maps with wide open enviornments, which is exactly how the game was meant to be played.

rod

Banned
im gonna be playing some **** around matches in about 20 minutes if anyone wants an invite let me know

mikeGFG

Banned
rod said:
im gonna be playing some **** around matches in about 20 minutes if anyone wants an invite let me know

Let me sqeeze the last ounce of juice from this FEAR rental and I'll join ya.

Nutter

Well to be "fair" No tourney is designed to make everyone happy. There will always be a group that wont like the rules. Also have to keep in mind that double elimination 8map matches will take too long. And if people really care for what map they want to play on.. Well that is the reason I said VOTE!!

My top 5 maps.

-Canals
-Fuel Depot
-Mansion
-ClockTower
-War Machine

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Any room still? I'm up for more Gears multi. I'll play just so you'll all invite me when you are playing each night. I see Ram on all the time but can never get into the GAF games.

Hook me up.

rod

Banned
Ramirez said:
I don't even know who vagrant is on GAF,if anyone could fill me in that would be great. But yea,only two teams so far,lame!

long time lurker (since like 98 i think?) he posts every now and then but mainly a lurker. hes had different aliases though. and he pwns at gears. our team went like 3+ hours undefeated today against LJ/denog/trufffleshuffle/erv. awesome times.

rod

Banned
by the way ramirez if you and your boys wanna go some friendly matches tomorrow to warm up, il be glad to be in that, im sure my team would too :)

Nutter

rod said:
long time lurker (since like 98 i think?) he posts every now and then but mainly a lurker. hes had different aliases though. and he pwns at gears. our team went like 3+ hours undefeated today against LJ/denog/trufffleshuffle/erv. awesome times.
Me and Ram just got off of a 3 hour ownage through ranked matches where we went undefeated for 3 hours. ;)

And by the end we had rivalries going on between our team and the others.
In fact 1 team joined our match 4 times because they got pissed that we kept owning them. :p

Rorschach

Mike G.E.D. said:
IamNude, is that you???
By myself. Srsly.

Actually, I don't think this will work because A) it's a team based thing, so a full team has to enter and B) it's in the online forum :(

Nutter

rod said:
rami/nutter/trasher/ironclad, get your boys together guys, our team is ready :D
Sorry, gonna have to wait until later tonight or reschedule.
Ram is on.. iron is missing so is trasher.. and I am going out with my gf for dinner.

Top Bottom