• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Gears Of War Tournament Thread

Ramirez

Yea,good games,it REALLY sucks hosting all day and then playing a game where you're not the host,I've been owning people all day with moving snipes and shit and you just cant do it when you're not the host,also throw the shotgun out the window in this scenario as well :lol

JB1981

Ramirez said:
Yea,good games,it REALLY sucks hosting all day and then playing a game where you're not the host,I've been owning people all day with moving snipes and shit and you just cant do it when you're not the host,also throw the shotgun out the window in this scenario as well :lol

So is this going to be the excuse whenever people lose now? Host advantage? So the times that you actually won/got kills was just bullshit, then, too?

Ramirez

Wow!I never said that...I was just saying how much of a difference it was,I didn't expect to win many matches with 3 guys I'd never played with before really.Way to totally overreact though...

If I wanted to complain I woulda said how 90% of my deaths came from greande tag kills :p

Nutter

JB1981 said:
So is this going to be the excuse whenever people lose now? Host advantage? So the times that you actually won/got kills was just bullshit, then, too?
I know this is a gears thread.. but you could be host in halo2 all day and i would still own you ;)

Ok no really; host matters in any and all shooting games. Now if you want to call it an excuse.. then so be it.

JB1981

Nutter said:
I know this is a gears thread.. but you could be host in halo2 all day and i would still own you ;)

Ok no really; host matters in any and all shooting games. Now if you want to call it an excuse.. then so be it.

Wtf does Halo 2 have to do with Gears of War? Anyway, host away. But I hear Ramirez's connection is laggy as shit and people time out on it all the time. Anyway, I welcome you 'owning' us.

Ramirez

No one has timed out on my connection,lol...rod was lagging today,but doesn't he live in Australia?I am in Kentucky after all...

You're taking this way too seriously though.

I wasn't even trying to say I wanted to host when we play,Nutter has a T1 connection so yea.

Nutter

Ramirez said:
No one has timed out on my connection,lol...rod was lagging today,but doesn't he live in Australia?I am in Kentucky after all...

You're taking this way too seriously though.

I wasn't even trying to say I wanted to host when we play,Nutter has a T1 connection so yea.
I have a 15/2MB connection; essentially a T1 :p

And yeah I am just trying to be silly with all these tongue and cheek replies but it seems people are taking this way to seriously.

rod

Banned
its all good baby :lol to be honest i expected rami to be like razoric, all talk no action:lol but he went great guns, and i cant wait to play the whole team.

rod

Banned
billymcnilly said:
count our team in

GAMERTAGS:
Cops vs Robots
A Regal Beagle
Father Whiskey
S2tha3L

jesus ****ing christ. just played against 2 of you guys. fuucking insane. pair this team with ramirez's team first!:lol

rod

Banned
billymcnilly said:
Oh yeah and if you can we'd like to take on Ramirez's "dream team" first round

edit: lol beaten

id love to see that shit. you guys are great. probably the best ive ever played. probably because you guys play an unorthadox kind of game. no real gameplan, just go out and **** everyone up.

rod said:
id love to see that shit. you guys are great. probably the best ive ever played. probably because you guys play an unorthadox kind of game. no real gameplan, just go out and **** everyone up.

we try bro, we try

rod

Banned
team lipstick if you guys wanna play, im on again and one of my teammates are on so we can go some 2 on 2 or if one more of my teammates is on we can go some 3 on 3

rod

Banned
JuanMR2 said:
How do the times in the bracket work for everyone? Should we expand the bracket?

draw that thing up again, but pair ramirez's team with team lipstick. that would be a CLUSTER****:lol

SpacLock

rod said:
team lipstick if you guys wanna play, im on again and one of my teammates are on so we can go some 2 on 2 or if one more of my teammates is on we can go some 3 on 3

Sure! We'll play anybody. Lipstick is in it for the love.

JuanMR2

rod said:
draw that thing up again, but pair ramirez's team with team lipstick. that would be a CLUSTER****:lol

My bracketology skills suck but if we go with 5 teams one team would get a bye round and another team would have to play an extra round. We'd need to get 8 teams to have it work out properly.

Nutter

You know, I was just playing around; I mean a competition is a competition so I understand the heated replies..but dream team? ( I never once called ourselves the dream team) But man I didnt mean to get anyone worked up over this. Besides I am leaving soon for a while for some very important personal stuff. So you guys have fun. ( ill be able to play a few matches before I go though; I hope)

Spooka

Yeah good games, sorry I dropped at the end but my internet wigged out for an hour. You guys were pretty good, crazy shotguns and rushes. With your 4th guy its going to be scary.

is it possible to have like an open scheduling for those matches? like the teams need to play at an agreed upon time within 3 days or something.

Me and regal beagle are going to a concert friday and we wont be able to make it.

JuanMR2

gafgow.jpg

How about the following schedule?

edit: I don't think an open schedule will work out, I setup a Fight Night 3 Tournament with 10 gaffers and it took over 3 weeks to complete and I had to replace about 3 people that eventually dropped out. The Team Leader (Person listed first in picture) should contact their teamates confirm round 1 and 2 times or schedule a time that works for everyone then PM me. Also post your GAF/XBL if it's missing on the team list.

-Sorry, Ramirez I took over your tournament.

JB1981

How about the following schedule?

[/QUOTE]

The games should be scheduled around 8-9pm during the week, imo. I usually don't play on LIVE at 9pm on Sat. nights. ;)

rod

Banned
i wont be gearsing it up again till monday my time about 11am, i think thats like sunday your guys times 8-10ishPM

Flo_Evans

this is gonna be epic! (haha) We should see if we can get cliffy to sponsor the tourny and give the winning team autographed copies of the game or some shit (Gears Tshirts? :) )

JaunMR2 we need to get on sometime and practice as a team. Need to work out a good shotgun rush and 'nade tag defense :lol

mikeGFG

Banned
Oh snaps, nice (tenative) bracket, Juan. I'm good to play 7-8PM PST weekdays.

And if r0rschach can't play for whatever reason, I'll gladly swap him out for LJ11. No offense r0r, but I've played with LJ a grip of times, I know he's got my back if Rod flanks us. :)

rod

Banned
Mike G.E.D. said:
Oh snaps, nice (tenative) bracket, Juan. I'm good to play 7-8PM PST weekdays.

And if r0rschach can't play for whatever reason, I'll gladly swap him out for LJ11. No offense r0r, but I've played with LJ a grip of times, I know he's got my back if Rod flanks us. :)

i never flank, nor do i ever use frag tag

lolz

unomas

Banned
2 late to get in or not? I don't have a team unless other people want in with me. I'm ranked around 10,000 in warzone right now so I'm not that bad.

Gamertag: unomas

JuanMR2

unomas said:
2 late to get in or not? I don't have a team unless other people want in with me. I'm ranked around 10,000 in warzone right now so I'm not that bad.

Gamertag: unomas

I put you on Team RTFM (Check post #87). Add your teamates to your XBL friends list and get some practice in, looks like the matches will take place mon-fri around 7-8pm...

unomas

Banned
JuanMR2 said:
I put you on Team RTFM (Check post #87). Add your teamates to your XBL friends list and get some practice in, looks like the matches will take place mon-fri around 7-8pm...

Sweet. I added everyone to my friends list and I'm ready to have a little fun blowing shit up. Good times ahead.:D

Top Bottom