• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GTA Haters Club thread

king zell

borghe said:
you're right.. we should just love all games or not be allowed to talk about the ones we don't like.. :\

gee.. think about how little talk about nintendo would be allowed on this board if that were true..

haha

so true :D

ohamsie

I think the GTA games are all right (well the 3-D ones anyways) but I'm not over the moon about them like some people are. They're above average to me, just not AAA titles.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
I'm not getting the 3D games (since I don't have a PS2), but I'll be getting the GBA version.

SyNapSe

human5892 said:
In writing, the GTA games always sound like so much fun to me, but then when I actually get to play them, I wreak havok for a few hours and then I'm spent. The missions aren't much fun, either.

Maybe this one will be different...

This is exactly how I feel about 3 and VC. The most fun I've had is a friend and I took turns trying to kill as many people/cops as possible before getting caught. It's fun to try and outrun the cops, but outside of that I lose interest quickly.

Jack: I marked off 101 points. 100 as a show of good faith after sending a particular right-wing zealot off to OA, and 1 for calling Makura a mean name.

Subitai

I can see how you could hate GTA, but the bottom line is that every other game developer is trying to incoporate GTA's game mechanics or make their own version. You can't say that about any Nintendo games that came out this generation.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
And another one bites the dust amd falls for the hype.... :p

Just kidding. Despite my complaints, San Andreas is already more fun than Vice City. And the world is huge man. Oh my god the map is so big.

Hey now, I've been careful to not let Bish hype me for this one. ;p

etiolate

Banned
In writing, the GTA games always sound like so much fun to me, but then when I actually get to play them, I wreak havok for a few hours and then I'm spent. The missions aren't much fun, either.

Character controls are STILL SLUGGISH. And aiming isn't still all that great.

These are my concerns that I had with the previous games. I've heard the controls are better, but then I hear that the controls really aren't that much better. The controls/missions really kept the prevous game form being anything above 'kinda good''.

Carm

Popped in the game a short while ago. First "mission" on the bicycle, I was just riding along and all of a sudden the bike got stuck in the ground when I was going down a hill. Had to walk around for a bit until it magically got unstuck, great bug testers heh. Game is fun so far, although I really dislike the music selection, the only thing that saves it is Danzigs song Mother.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Also go to a lake in Los Santos, go up to a bench with people sitting, break the bench, and watch the people continue to sit on thin air, everytime. That seemed like a really obvious bug that testing should of caught to me.

3rdman

I've gotta agree. I've played both 3 and VC and ended up wondering what the big deal was. There was a lot of issues I had in part 3 that were resolved in VC, but the one big issue never was. I HATED having to re-do all the missions over and over agian, until I found the right combination to complete it. It gives the game a "trial and error" feel that makes many of the missions a chore to complete. Mission faliure should open different plot branches and paths or (at the very least) penalties.

Also, it never made any sense to me that if I ended up at the hospital, why do I have to restart the mission. Why not just stay within the mission until it was complete? It never made any logical sense that people who I've been trying to kill, completely forget that fact after I wake up at a hospital. It also makes the actual act of getting a mission a chore and (worst of all) repetitive.

I had a better time with "Breakdown."...Feel free to mock me. :)

K-Rose is a travesty!

- Ok. Jerry Reed: "Amos Moses" is a honking little bit of country funk that I can dig... BUT his HUGe hit "When You're Hot, You're Hot" would've been the perfect thing to blast as you filch a hillbilly wagon and rocket to Vegas in stolen wheels!

- "Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man" is serviceable but where are the tearjerkers? What a waste of Lorretta Lynn!!!

- I just cannot see putting the Desert Rose Band here... Chris Hillman is a massive star but dims in the shadow of Gram Parsons, how about some Flying Burrito Brothers instead Rock*?

- Willie. "Crazy". That works but "Always on My Mind" is better and more well known, not to mention it makes a great Hooker Murder Ballad as would "To All the Girls I've Loved Before" come to think of it.

- At least Merle Haggard is here. But where is Johnny cash - kids seem to love him now - or George Jones? or Tammy Wynette? or a bajillion other luminous lights? Scattered like fireflies 'cross dusty Texas that's where.

- Early 90's should include some quirky country cross-overs like KD Lang, Lucinda Williams, or my main man Lyle Lovett - dude marries Julia Roberts in '93 - how 'bout sum respect? None Given!

- Speaking of no respect, just for laffs why is "Achy Breaky Heart" absent? Not that I miss them but a country station during that time should have at least one of vincegillclintblacktravistrittgarthbrooks not to mention those shrill harpies that killed the soul of roots music by making it crap pop stadium fluff.

- Plenty of other cool acts missing - Dwight Yoakam, Flatlanders, Townes Van Zandt and the list goes on and on into the sunset...

All in all K-Rose is clearly thrown together more to amuse than to respect country music unlike the proper due that was given rap, soul, funk etc. Furthermore, I should add that I listened to zero country myself in the 90's only expanding my earepertoire in the new century so my tastes are alt-elitist. Plus, I don't hate GTA:SA at all but wanted to bitch about something that no one else would possibly complain about.

*crys into beer*

I do agree with Mermalanda ... I looked at the track listings for the different radio stations, and K-ROSE seems to be more of a "joke" country station than a real music station like the rest. More's the pity, cause there ain't no music for long, rural trucking hauls but country!

Top Bottom