• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Jan 2008 NPD Thread - HW Shortages + Spectacular SW

Liquid

Banned
:lol no tears here. sony has no momentum. momentum would be every one on even ground and sony catching up and surpassing. not beating a handicapped opponent. again 1 ps3 game on the charts is bad considering this supposed "momentum"

PistolGrip said:
Big Daddy Is back.
bioshock_big_daddy.jpg

yeah, Bioshock 1.5 for PS3, bring it 2k!

Threi

notag
CrushDance said:
CALM THE FUCK DOWN!

This is only one months sales, and while i agree that it's great news for Sony. There's no need for 'empire strikes back' gifs and comments. Get a grip people!

NO MORE HEROES SELLING OVER 100K IS NO REA-

oh, the ps3 thing.

nvm.

WrikaWrek

Banned
XiaNaphryz said:
So that's what all that unsold stock from the past few months was for, amirite?

/ducks

But it was sony's strategy. Get it? It was their strategy sell way less than the competition during christmas just so they could sell a couple thousand more in the month after!!!

It was their thinking all along.

d[-_-]b said:
I had typed the same msg, then I felt bad and typed a different msg :D.

That's probably for the best as it was a pretty dumb comment in the first place. Unless you want the car analogies to creep in. Trabant vs DBS, and so forth.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Opus Angelorum said:
Going by the Xbox 360 numbers I'm guessing around 95k.

I'd say more like 40-50k, if we scale for userbase sizes, no? (360 roughly 3x the userbase in the US at the moment?). Although maybe the it sold relatively better on PS3.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Liquid said:
:lol no tears here. sony has no momentum. momentum would be every one on even ground and sony catching up and surpassing. not beating a handicapped opponent. again 1 ps3 game on the charts is bad considering this supposed "momentum"

Again, it's about the install base. COD4 (the only game we have numbers for so far) is selling at almost the same ratio as the 360 counter part. Maybe you need to learn fractions?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
CrushDance said:
CALM THE FUCK DOWN!

This is only one months sales, and while i agree that it's great news for Sony. There's no need for 'empire strikes back' gifs and comments. Get a grip people!
Ssshhh, the point of these threads are for the fanboys to get all frenzied up and then watch the carnage.

TSA said:
Whoever said Blu-Ray had no impact needs to get their head examined. It was a legit reason to switch. Did you see Craigslist and eBay ignite the day after WB said they're going Blu-Ray only? HD-DVD player sales, 360 sales, and Swaps for PS3 requests exploded. Guys at Best Buy and GameStop both said they had a rush on PS3s that week.

february ought to continue that blu-ray push for ps3 as the netflix and bestbuy events recently

d[-_-]b

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
That's probably for the best as it was a pretty dumb comment in the first place. Unless you want the car analogies to creep in. Trabant vs DBS, and so forth.
lol I figured as much the stupidity is already running high in the thread, but in other news NMH selling well is a good sign, if the news is true.

Innotech

Banned
I hope EndlesS ocean sold well. I doubt it though.
Gj to Nintendo for holding the lead despite epic shortages.
MS needs to better manage the SKus.

FUCK YES NO MORE HEROES SALES!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Suda51 rejoice.

DieH@rd

Banned
“It is Microsoft. And I will kill them.”
—Sony Computer Entertainment President and CEO Ken Kutaragi, asked in 1994 who he thought the biggest competition would be for his upcoming PlayStation game console.

:lol

"Watching movies on your console, there's nothing more casual than that. PS3 - Expanding the audience."

That would make a great sound byte from Sony PR.

Anyway, No More Heroes selling over 100K would rock. Suda51 should have done a launch event here. No let's get Killer 7 Wii Edition coming since I skipped that game first time around and I've been waiting forever on Goozex to get it.

WrikaWrek

Banned
shifty100 said:
I blame shortages of ps3's on sonys inability to outsell the wii.

This excuse is the current soup du jour amrite?

So are you trying to say that shortages are BS and just an excuse, and that demand for the DS simply went to shit, and Wii, and 360.

Wow lol

Liquid said:

No offense dude, but you're coming through as a bit of a daft fanboy.

Kolgar

Sony: "The end begins."

Microsoft: "This is the way the world ends?"

Nintendo: "Wiiiii!"

Cliff Blezinski: "Fucking Cooking Mama!"

dr3upmushroom said:
Cool if NMH numbers are real. Also, good to see MP3 at least go over the 500,000 mark.

626k really isn't THAT bad. It will probably sell about 700k when it's finished and done in USA, maybe even a little bit more. Add ok sales in Europe, and the obligatory crappy sales in Japan, and the title will pass 1 million, which isn't so bad.

the breakdown.

ps3 sold about what was expected, a little over even.

DS, Wii, 360 sold way less than predicted due to supply contraints. Wii still outsold PS3.

This months npd isn't really drama filled.

Mrbob

As the PS3 userbase grows, software sales will get better.

CoD4 sold better on PS3 than X360 relative to the user base on both systems. Also, the X360 is a software beast and won't be going anywhere anytime soon. It'll just have to make room for the emerging PS3.

Top Bottom