• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Pre-franchise Tournament

hey dudes, while EA sorts out their shit (of which they may or may not fix), we should run a tournament! now EA doesn't support tournaments online so sadly we'll just have to play unranked games against one another and post results here! so if you are interested post here (but be sure to read the rules first).

1. Play a sim game. I shouldn't really have to explain this but for some reason I always have to. Don't play the bullshit 1-1-5 all game. Don't bump and run with nano blitzes all game. Don't do shit repeatedly to exploit the game just because it gives you the best chance to win. That's not what playing in the franchise/league or the tournament is about.

2. Be courteous to your opponent. No need to run up the score or talk shit (unless you beat CB, talk all the shit you want)

3. For the purposes of the tournament, i'm not going to get incredibly specific on 4th down rules, but just don't do shit that a real team wouldn't do. for instance, it's 4th and 5 in the first quarter and you're at the opponents 45.... NFL teams would punt that.

The tournament will start tonight if we get enough people interested. I'm going to put the cutoff time at 6 pm pst. Whoever we have then will be in the tournament. And don't worry if you miss out, we'll run a few before we start the online franchise! Post your interest and the team you want.

OH! and the settings:

Difficulty: All-pro
Time: 10 minute quarters with 20 seconds accelerated clock
Time to advance: TBD.... i guess a day? we'll see who signs up and who's around

West Bracket:

Giants (15) @ Vikings (23)
Packers (20) @ Bucs (17)
Panthers (21) @ Jets (30)
Eagles (44) @ Cowboys (21)

East Bracket

raiders (23) @ 49ers (31)
bears (21) @ falcons (34)
Jaguars (14) @ steelers (28)
pats (21) @ colts (24)

2nd Round:

Packers @ Vikings
Jets (15) @ Eagles (17)

49ers (17) @ Falcons (35)
Colts @ Steelers

BigAT

In, with the Giants if I can.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Don't play the bullshit 1-1-5 all game.

If I want to bench four of my defensive players on every play, you're not going to stop me!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
hey dudes, while EA sorts out their shit (of which they may or may not fix), we should run a tournament! now EA doesn't support tournaments online so sadly we'll just have to play unranked games against one another and post results here! so if you are interested post here (but be sure to read the rules first).

1. Play a sim game. I shouldn't really have to explain this but for some reason I always have to. Don't play the bullshit 1-1-5 all game. Don't bump and run with nano blitzes all game. Don't do shit repeatedly to exploit the game just because it gives you the best chance to win. That's not what playing in the franchise/league or the tournament is about.

2. Be courteous to your opponent. No need to run up the score or talk shit (unless you beat CB, talk all the shit you want)

3. For the purposes of the tournament, i'm not going to get incredibly specific on 4th down rules, but just don't do shit that a real team wouldn't do. for instance, it's 4th and 5 in the first quarter and you're at the opponents 45.... NFL teams would punt that.

The tournament will start tonight if we get enough people interested. I'm going to put the cutoff time at 6 pm pst. Whoever we have then will be in the tournament. And don't worry if you miss out, we'll run a few before we start the online franchise! Post your interest and the team you want.

OH! and the settings:

Difficulty: All-pro
Time: 10 minute quarters with 20 seconds accelerated clock
Time to advance: TBD.... i guess a day? we'll see who signs up and who's around
--------------

1. FMT - 49ers
2. Rors - Raiders
3. Luke - Colts
4. BigAT - Giants
5. Somnia - Cowpies
6. GCQ - Panthers
7. ramirez - Steelers
8. DM - Bucs
9. DCX- Falcons

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Then do we have to use seperate teams? I mean, you can play Cowboys against Cowboys in a seperate entity as the league.

Birdman02

I'll take the Jags if you still need 1 more. There's a slim chance I won't be able to play until tomorrow though, so if someone else comes along you can give them the spot if you don't want to wait.

EDIT: beaten :(

Somnia

Whenever this starts and whoever my opponent is I'll be available after 9pm cst tonight. Must watch True Blood! :D

lonestar you want in with someone other than the pats? otherwise i'll give the last spot to birdman and get the matchups started. let me know in the next 10 or 15 mins!

btw, i'm just going to randomly assign matchups and it will be your basic NBA playoffs style tournament.

ok, matchups as follows (typing them in as i pull them):

West Bracket:

Giants @ Vikings
Packers @ Bucs
Panthers @ Jets
Eagles @ Cowboys (lol i swear to god i didn't rig this)

East Bracket

raiders @ 49ers (oh fucking come on...)
bears @ falcons
Jaguars @ steelers
pats @ colts

be sure to post your scores when done!

Eagles @ Cowboys (lol i swear to god i didn't rig this)

mr_burns.gif

Somnia

Shawn I'm game anywhere from 9pm cst - 1am cst. Let me know and I'll be there

edit: It's only fitting we play :lol

Somnia said:
Shawn I'm game anywhere from 9pm cst - 1am cst. Let me know and I'll be there

edit: It's only fitting we play :lol

Let's shoot for 10 pm cst. I think that's 8 for me, which would be perfect!

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
DCX can you play now? I'm going to see District 9 which starts in about an hour and a half.
Dude I'm out celebrating wifeys birthday what time u expect to be home?

DCX

Mrbob

Dunno I might head out after.

We will have to play tomorrow night then. I'm gone all day and can't play until 9central.

daw840

Giants,

When are you available? I won't be around until around 10pm CST. Just let me know, I can't stay up too terribly late though.

Ramirez

I don't think I'll be able to play until tomorrow Birdman, so we'll try then since you said you couldn't tonight anyways. :p

RS4-

Lol, I take my time eating dinner and miss out in the first tournament :lol

Looking forward to the next one.

Birdman02

Ramirez said:
I don't think I'll be able to play until tomorrow Birdman, so we'll try then since you said you couldn't tonight anyways. :p

Actually, I am available to play tonight after all, but tomorrow night is fine too. My GT is Birdman1702, so just let me know on xbl if anything changes and you're able to play tonight.

Ramirez

Birdman02 said:
Actually, I am available to play tonight after all, but tomorrow night is fine too. My GT is Birdman1702, so just let me know on xbl if anything changes and you're able to play tonight.

Actually I can, let's roll!

Top Bottom