• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Pre-franchise Tournament

BigAT

daw840 said:
Giants,

When are you available? I won't be around until around 10pm CST. Just let me know, I can't stay up too terribly late though.

I already sent you a message since I saw you on XBL, but that should be fine for me. I will be around at 10 CST.

Rorschach

GG FMT When Higgins went down, it was all over. No one else can catch besides him and Miller. DHB is a piece of shit for dropping that last one. :(

PS: Frank Gore is bs. :'( GG, though. Not like I deserved to even be in that one.

PPS: Were you scared on that last play? :D

gg rors. lol yeah i thought when you cut back there was no one there, luckily my CB was.

i totally fucking fell asleep on that KR.... not that i wasn't playing but i was just kind of going through the motions and then i said oh shit.

and lol @ dhb. that would have probably been a TD if he caught it too. only now do you see the difference between dhb and crabby!

oh, and on that one pick i got so fucking pissed. it was a crossing route to morgan, and i was looking to bruce and VD and when they weren't open i assumed he was going to be out there, but he got caught up with a bunch of bodies in the middle and just kind of stopped there :(

plus it wasn't only gore! coffee was having a good day too! but yeah that first play set the tone for running game. i probably wouldn't have passed much but you forced shaun hill to unleash golden axe :(

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
and lol @ dhb. that would have probably been a TD if he caught it too. only now do you see the difference between dhb and crabby!
:'( Let me borrow Crabs' hands while he holds out.

Somnia, I'm ready to roll earlier than expected. You can find me playing my offline franchise and ready to accept your challenge.

Ramirez

28-14 Steelers...Willie Parker accounts for all TDs! :p

We both had quite a knack for throwing picks in the redzone.

Birdman02

GG Ramirez.

Steelers 28 - Jags 14

Willie Parker had 4 TD carries over 40 yards, and Garrard threw 2 (maybe 3) redzone picks. He completelty air-mailed one of those over my wide open slot WR, right into the hands of the CB covering the outside man. Absolutely beautiful throw!!

TheCrow

GCQuinton said:
GG, Crow. Jets beat Panthers 30-21.

GG. After you got the ball back with a 14 point lead I thought I was done. But that fumble turned it around for me.

Slightly off-topic, but it does feel good to actually complete a game online.

daw840

BigAT said:
Like I said above, I am.

LOL. Shit, I just figured Wellington would be the Giants. I didn't even pay attention to your post. I can get on here in about 5 minutes if you want.

Somnia

GG Shawn... 44-22 Eagles.

Ya put a whopping on me for sure! You were getting mad pressure on Romo and fuck DeSean and his speed :lol Goodluck with the tourney.

GG Somnia.

I ended up pulling it out 44-22 victory on the arm of Donavan McNacbb and the dynamic legs of DeSean Jackson. Westbrook got hurt on the very first play of the game, but McCoy held it down while he was out.

Philly sure does have a fun playbook too! Much more interesting than the Cowboys one...

DMczaf

I'm not asking for a DQ, but damn my blood was boiling after that play. As soon as I snap the ball, here comes Hawk for an auto-sack and giving me zero chance to even affect the play in any shape or form.

It didn't help that I was fighting my way back all game, and I finally have a shot to take the lead and that's how my drive ended.

LJ11 said:
Like I said in my message, was selling out for the run, and Hawk grabbed the QB before the handoff (or was it a PA?). Never did I mean to do it on purpose. A DQ is fine with me, have no problems with it. It's the rules, didn't mean to do it, but it happened.

From looking at the replay, I can totally see how that could have happened. Lord knows Ive done that before unintentionally too, especially against someone that continues to maul my run defense (Hi Wellie!)...

Was that the deciding play of the game?

Somnia

Shawnwhann said:
GG Somnia.

I ended up pulling it out 44-22 victory on the arm of Donavan McNacbb and the dynamic legs of DeSean Jackson. Westbrook got hurt on the very first play of the game, but McCoy held it down while he was out.

Philly sure does have a fun playbook too! Much more interesting than the Cowboys one...

I feel sorry for your pass defense in the Franchise. That shit is horrible. I know I'm not the best at tackling in the open, but that is besides the point...Cowboys secondary is shit =(

LJ11

I know you're not asking for one, I am. I pinched the line, Hawk got in clean, and I missed the back or rather he missed me because it looks like he whiffs at a block. Just out of curiosity was it a PA or a run?

That play altered the game. It was 17-14 Packers, but he was inside the 10 on a 3rd and 1, with around a minute and half to go. Different ball game if that play doesn't happen.

Edit: It was a great game up until that point. Wish it didn't happen. :(

DMczaf

Dude, I know you wouldn't cheese on purpose. I mean, if that play happened in the 1st quarter instead of the 4th, I would have thought nothing of it. But it happened during the pretty much game deciding moment, so my reaction was bigger.

Go and play!

daw840

GG Big. There was some pretty fucked up shit in that game that I have never seen before. The safety in the first half, for one. Maybe your guy intercepted the ball just barely out of the endone or something and then ran back in. That kind of surprised me. Then when you went to punt after the safety the camera just stayed on the kicker for the whole play.:lol

23-15 Vikings.

BigAT

daw840 said:
GG Big. There was some pretty fucked up shit in that game that I have never seen before. The safety in the first half, for one. Maybe your guy intercepted the ball just barely out of the endone or something and then ran back in. That kind of surprised me. Then when you went to punt after the safety the camera just stayed on the kicker for the whole play.:lol

23-15 Vikings.

Yeah, I swear I didn't leave the end zone on that safety. I even double checked the replay and it didn't look like I did. That ended up being a pretty rough momentum swing for me and was pretty killer. Oh well. There was a couple of other plays that were really weird for me, the first 3rd and short it looked like I more than had it but it marked me short.

Your defense was stifling, especially Allen and the Williamses. I couldn't get shit going with Jacobs at all.

GG

daw840

BigAT said:
Yeah, I swear I didn't leave the end zone on that safety. I even double checked the replay and it didn't look like I did. That ended up being a pretty rough momentum swing for me and was pretty killer. Oh well. There was a couple of other plays that were really weird for me, the first 3rd and short it looked like I more than had it but it marked me short.

Your defense was stifling, especially Allen and the Williamses. I couldn't get shit going with Jacobs at all.

GG

Yeah, after that play I was sure you had made it, but then it was 4th down. IDK, this game is good but there seems to be some weird shit online.

CB3 said:
You guys were all scared that why you didnt tell me

you weren't on AIM brohem (or it said cell phone only). this was something i wanted to just get done quickly!

there will be another one in a couple days when this is finished, dont get your panties in a twist

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gots to hit the hay soon for work in the morning :(

we'll play tomorrow.... or in the tournament championship! the choice is yours!

I won't get past Ramirez, the Steelers play themselves automatically.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
what you should be more shocked at is that your division rival is using your team

I would feel sick to my stomach using the cowboys or giants. i just cant do it. even for shits and giggles.

I didnt list the redskins because they havent been relavent in ages. They are just kinda there. So there isnt that much of a real hate

Top Bottom