• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Pre-franchise Tournament

CB3 said:
I would feel sick to my stomach using the cowboys or giants. i just cant do it. even for shits and giggles.

I didnt list the redskins because they havent been relavent in ages. They are just kinda there. So there isnt that much of a real hate
At first I was a little apprehensive about using your team, but it's a great learning experience. In hindsight, I'm happy Somnia picked up the Cowboys because I don't want to give folks too much of a free look at how I play with Dallas. No scouting reports on me just yet.

Mrbob

FMT we will have to play another time. :D

I got beasted by the combo of Gonzo, Turner, and White.

I might have some oline issues!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
At first I was a little apprehensive about using your team, but it's a great learning experience. In hindsight, I'm happy Somnia picked up the Cowboys because I don't want to give folks too much of a free look at how I play with Dallas. No scouting reports on me just yet.
That's kinda dumb. Year to year, people don't really change their playstyles. The book is already out!

Wellington said:
That's kinda dumb. Year to year, people don't really change their playstyles. The book is already out!

Meh... I don't really have a play style. I adapt to what my opponent is doing more often than not.

If putting up a ton of points while preventing my opponent from scoring is a play style; I guess you've got me pegged! ;)

daw840

Shit, sorry about that. I will try to be around then, but I have to be up really fucking early tomorrow to take a physical and psych test for a potential new job tomorrow morning. I posted the first one earlier today at work and apparently the "view first unread" ended up skipping some posts. My bad.:lol

TheCrow

Shawnwhann said:
Epic game with Crow just now.

I was down 15-14 with 10 seconds to go, on the 50 yard line, with no time outs:

Here's the play I run: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8538963

Followed by this play:http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8539032

Eagles win 17-15

Hell of a game Crow, you took it to me pretty hard that game!

I cringed while watching the first clip, so many missed tackles. And that field goal looked as if it would come up short but alas my dreams for an upset were over.

As if your game winning drive wasn't bad enough, I had to watch my DBs drop interceptions not once, not twice, but three times on your final drive.

BTW I don't know what happened on this play. For some reason no one lined up across Jackson so my SS ran across the field and somehow managed to pick it off and allowed me to get my shortlived lead.

It was a great game and hopefully I can get a shot at redemption in the online franchise. :D

TheCrow said:
I cringed while watching the first clip, so many missed tackles. And that field goal looked as if it would come up short but alas my dreams for an upset were over.

As if your game winning drive wasn't bad enough, I had to watch my DBs drop interceptions not once, not twice, but three times on your final drive.

BTW I don't know what happened on this play. For some reason no one lined up across Jackson so my SS ran across the field and somehow managed to pick it off and allowed me to get my shortlived lead.

It was a great game and hopefully I can get a shot at redemption in the online franchise. :D

That Leonhard pick was crazy. I was yelling at my TV screaming "No Way!" as Jackson was completely wide open.

The first pick you got pissed me off too. The game hit a lag pause right when I threw the ball, so it didn't register and I had to press it again when the game resumed. My controller got tossed about 4-6 feet...

Though obviously those last two plays won me the game, it was forcing you to kick field goals twice in my red zone that allowed me to steal the game at the very end. :D

TheCrow

Shawnwhann said:
That Leonhard pick was crazy. I was yelling at my TV screaming "No Way!" as Jackson was completely wide open.

The first pick you got pissed me off too. The game hit a lag pause right when I threw the ball, so it didn't register and I had to press it again when the game resumed. My controller got tossed about 4-6 feet...

Though obviously those last two plays won me the game, it was forcing you to kick field goals twice in my red zone that allowed me to steal the game at the very end. :D

I was playing it safe by running the ball. Even if it only meant geting a couple yards at a time. I don't know my receivers that well except for the TE who I unsuccessfully tried to get the ball to. Thomas Jones couldn't get anything going and Mark Sanchez had to bail me out. I think I need to find a offense playbook that works for me.

I surprised myself with that touchdown run in the fourth quarter. I could have used plays like that earlier. :/

TheCrow said:
I was playing it safe by running the ball. Even if it only meant geting a couple yards at a time. I don't know my receivers that well except for the TE who I unsuccessfully tried to get the ball to. Thomas Jones couldn't get anything going and Mark Sanchez had to bail me out. I think I need to find a offense playbook that works for me.

I surprised myself with that touchdown run in the fourth quarter. I could have used plays like that earlier. :/

I hear you, playing with a new playbook is tough to do. I'm getting better with Philly's playbook, but I miss the familiarity of Dallas' playbook.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dcx i'll see you at 7:30 then (40 mins from now!)
my bad...but i watched 27 Dresses for what it seemed was 27 hours...play on bitch tits and get your loss..

DCX

gg dcx!

i think there is some type of momentum meter cause after that KR TD my team went to shit. it says i had 5 drops but that is bogus, there were at least 8 but i dont know if it counts getting hit and dropping it.

then you have fucking jenkins get clobbered in the air and he still hangs on lolz

p.s. we play in the regular season.... i'll have my revenge then!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg dcx!

i think there is some type of momentum meter cause after that KR TD my team went to shit. it says i had 5 drops but that is bogus, there were at least 8 but i dont know if it counts getting hit and dropping it.

then you have fucking jenkins get clobbered in the air and he still hangs on lolz

p.s. we play in the regular season.... i'll have my revenge then!
I believe that, after you get rolling there seems to be something that kicks in to keep the train moving, like when i killed VD, the kickoff return, then the hard hits just kept coming, your oline pissed their pants in the presence of my guys up front, dropping balls...yeah id say youre right :D

To be honest, i think the fact i knew you wasnt using Gore anymore, i knew i had a chance to win...he is hard to stop. After VD died i knew Mr Crabs wasnt going to get much after spotlighting him the whole game!

DCX

the problem is i can usually count on morgan and bruce for some catches, but they dropped some key ones and then that didn't allow me to prolong drives and get gore involved. the jenkins catch was basically the game though. 3rd and long with a 4 point game and he comes down with that crap.

:(

LukeSmith

Shawnwhann said:

Which Wide Receiver will line up at Tight End in 2010?
Stay Tuned! :D

daw840

LJ. I am pretty open today. I just got done with all the job shit I had to do, just post here and I should be able to jump on.

LJ11

Packers 38 - Vikings 28

Good game daw, Tjack is awful.

Edit: You're my next opponent Shawn. Can we do it in an hour or so?

daw840

LJ11 said:
Packers 38 - Vikings 28

Good game daw, Tjack is awful.

Edit: You're my next opponent Shawn. Can we do it in an hour or so?

God I hate him. Thank you Jesus that I will get Favre before the season starts. Even if he is a has-been he has to be better than TJack.

Top Bottom