• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
"I wasnt gonna resign him, except when i bid on him and then made the other guy back out"

Colasante

Biggest contracts:

6 years, $133 million from the Falcons for Taylor Lewan.
4 years, $35 million from the Falcons for Zach Mettenberger.

2 years, $25 million from the Redskins for Elvis Dumervil.
1 year, $22.5 million from the Redskins for Tamba Hali.
3 years, $54.4 million from the Redskins for Daryl Washington.
4 years, $38.8 million from the Redskins for Alvin Bailey.

7 years, $70 million from the Cowboys for Zaviar Gooden.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, pushed Lewann into a $133 mill contract over 6 years

Made some headway into fielding an actual team, and still have like 36 mill in cap space

3 years, $54.4 million for Daryl Washington. Wow.

Since this is likely our last season, I went Fuck It Yolo with all this Dan Snyder Money.

I actually was able to sign all the good players I wanted this is awesome! The only really dumb move I made sort of was Hali, who is so old his speed is down to 72. but hopefully his other ratings make up for it!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Oh my God I offered insane contracts and got NO ONE.

This fucking stupid system does not work if everyone has tons of money and just puts up insane contracts for every player.Why can't these knuckle draggers get the only fucking NFL game right?

CB3

Since this is likely our last season, I went Fuck It Yolo with all this Dan Snyder Money.

I actually was able to sign all the good players I wanted this is awesome!

I dont know that its the last season. People seem as excited for madden as they usually are. Dont read too much into FMT trying to end it early for whatever reason.

Colasante

DM had signed Martellus Bennett to a 5 year, $52.5 million contract before he was forced to release him. That's kinda bullshit. I feel bad for virtual Martellus.

I dont know that its the last season. People seem as excited for madden as they usually are. Dont read too much into FMT trying to end it early for whatever reason.

I'm excited as hell to be playing since I couldn't for 3 months when the game first came out. I would love for there to be another year as well, even it it means I can't do anything next FA heh

CB3

That Bennett thing seems scummy. Though most of my reasons for that would be circumstantial and its not technically against the rules.

BUT IT SURE SMELLS.

anyone interested in Kenny Britt? i ended up getting 3 out of 4 receivers i bid on and only needed 1 -_-

Britts stats:

Ovr: 83
Catch: 90
Catch in traffic: 91
Spec catch: 83
Route running: 84
Release: 86
Jumping: 91
Speed: 85
Accel: 88
Awr: 70

Contract: 1.3 million

p.s.

just for clarification, i did not get kenny britt this year i got him last offseason so he is free to trade. i got cole beasley, jeff janis and paul richardson in this FA class

That Bennett thing seems scummy. Though most of my reasons for that would be circumstantial and its not technically against the rules.

BUT IT SURE SMELLS.

If other people literally gave him something more than jack shit he wouldn't come back home!

Capitalism works!

CB3

If other people literally gave him something more than jack shit he wouldn't come back home!

Capitalism works!

Actually, my guess is you offered him a ton to start with, which is why DCX couldnt break the top bid. Then after he backed out, you changed your offer to the 2/5 he signed for a little bit before the advance.

Thats just my guess, though.

Actually, my guess is you offered him a ton to start with, which is why DCX couldnt break the top bid. Then after he backed out, you changed your offer to the 2/5 he signed for a little bit before the advance.

Thats just my guess, though.

DCX said that he offered 55/5 and I was no where near that tonight

LukeSmith

I'm with lilfukboi on this.

Bennett returned home. We're debating the merits of acquiring a 71 speed TE or something that only had one bidder on it by the end.

If lilfukboi got in yo head and you backed out, that's on you.

DJ Bowser

I have a few players on the trade block!

85 OVR WR Terrance Williams

85 OVR LOLB Hitchens

83 OVR ROLB Pinkins (90 accel)

82 OVR CB Golson

And a pair of o-linemen Watford and Jelani Travis each with over 80 in run pass and impact block (I believe).

Looking to package players or players and picks to move up in the first round.

Colasante

But I have to defend DM's corpse here- he doesn't deserve Bennett because he didn't care enough to come put a bid on him a second time- but he did put in an initial big bid on Bennett that would have gone to him, then had to cut him because FMT didn't advance twice and now Boss gets him on a ridiculous contract. Doesn't seem right, although there's nothing that can be done about it.

Birdman02

But I have to defend DM's corpse here- he doesn't deserve Bennett because he didn't care enough to come put a bid on him a second time- but he did put in an initial big bid on Bennett that would have gone to him, then had to cut him because FMT didn't advance twice and now Boss gets him on a ridiculous contract. Doesn't seem right, although there's nothing that can be done about it.
Did DM actually put in a bid, or was it an auto-bid?

rinse82

I thought the CPU made that bid for him?

Weren't you the only one that knowingly bid on players haha

Colasante

I don't think so, I know I personally put in bids for the players I initially signed (Brooks Reed and Sam Shields) and had to cut because I'd signed them before the second advance.

Maybe I was the only one? I guess it would be uncharacteristic of DM to put in a bid as soon as free agency opened.

anyone interested in Kenny Britt? i ended up getting 3 out of 4 receivers i bid on and only needed 1 -_-

Britts stats:

Ovr: 83
Catch: 90
Catch in traffic: 91
Spec catch: 83
Route running: 84
Release: 86
Jumping: 91
Speed: 85
Accel: 88
Awr: 70

Contract: 1.3 million

p.s.

just for clarification, i did not get kenny britt this year i got him last offseason so he is free to trade. i got cole beasley, jeff janis and paul richardson in this FA class

How about you just give me Paul Richardson back.

Top Bottom