• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
hahha... I was [racticing and I layed down for a second and fell asleep... I am now up and practicing some more... vision cone is serious

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I am gonna get so freakin owned in the first couple of seasons. There is sure a lot to do when you snap the ball.

Cloudy

Banned
Is the cone on for the league? I don't wanna go through the whole learning curve if we aren't using it. It seems like I don't have enough time to make my reads and I end up throwing trash :lol

Slo

<Slo> sweet, madden
<Moose> what about madden
<Slo> I own it
<Moose> fun
<Slo> Moose, youre getting it right?
<Moose> for 360 maaaaaaaybe
<Slo> so you're not in the league?
<Slo> QUITER
<Moose> it doesn't look like its worth getting for xbox
<Moose> sry

KILL HIM!!!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
though I'm not sure if I can handle the Vision Cone, at least until I get home, but I welcome this change. It sounds like it can bring on better "player vs. player" instances. On D, you can see where he's thinking about throwing, and on O, you have a chance to maybe even fake a look to throw off the player controlling on D.

DCX

DCX
Kotex said:
Is the cone on for the league? I don't wanna go through the whole learning curve if we aren't using it. It seems like I don't have enough time to make my reads and I end up throwing trash :lol
Welcome to the NFL :D I think we should the cone no matter what...it makes the game realistic and balanced...ecept for whoever is using the Colts :lol

DCX

Ramirez

Vision cone is pretty sweet,my only complaint is that I have to use the old style controls (B=sprint on def./A switch players),well on that configuration the "lock on" feature is mapped to the black button and it is not possible to press the black button and the WR button at the same time while trying to actually play the game seriously,major error on EA's part,IMO,but I'm still doing ok just by moving the cone around myself.

Why the hell did they change the spring button on def. this year in both games anyways,stupidest fuckin decision ever,it's been that way for years,why change it now?

But yea,from the quick game I played,it's def. better than the steaming pile NCAA.

Silent Death

lemme get one or two licks
I'm calling this bullshit. I thought the cone would work with the triggers so you can cycle through left middle and right field. This right analogue shit is just that shit. You have to take your hands off the buttons then bring them back all within a matter of moments inorder to throw correctly. Who ever at EA thought this was a good idea should be shot.

Cloudy

Banned
I thought the cone would work with the triggers so you can cycle through left middle and right field

I was expecting that too. It's too flimsy with the stick and half the time I just tap it forward and hope :lol

Maybe EA should just update the game and take out the dropback cheese :D

Silent Death said:
I'm calling this bullshit. I thought the cone would work with the triggers so you can cycle through left middle and right field. This right analogue shit is just that shit. You have to take your hands off the buttons then bring them back all within a matter of moments inorder to throw correctly. Who ever at EA thought this was a good idea should be shot.

Uh, if you're rushed all you have to do is hold down R trigger, and then press the button for whatever receiver (e.g. Y button) you want to lock onto, and then press the button again to throw to them. That is a very easy way to cycle through receivers without the right analog. If your oline picked up all of their blocks and you have all day long then you can put the right analog to work.

+1 tutorials. use them

Ramirez

Well just played my first online game,he used the Chiefs,running the ball seems WAY too easy,we both had 200+,on one play Bettis did look like he just got off the ESPN bus the way he was breaking tackles,heh.

And yea,it's pretty easy to exploit the lesser QBs,dude blitzed all game and I barely had time to throw it most of the time,usually got sacked,the oline shifts seemed to help some,but not alot.And so much for adaptive A.I.,Michaels called him out on the same play at like 5 points in the game and yet my dudes still couldn't stop it :lol

I don't know... With QBs with a smaller cone you just need to put the R Trigger to use on every pass. If they're blitzing every down pick plays where you can dump the ball off easily and know where you are going before you snap the ball. It isn't as bad as I thought. Now trying to use the right analog with QBs that have a small vision cone.. lol

Ramirez

Now trying to use the right analog with QBs that have a small vision cone.. lol

I do,as I stated earlier,I want the old Madden controls,so that makes me have to just use the R Stick for the cone,Im getting good at it actually.

I think Vick cheese might officially be nerfed,just played some noob that tried to cheese with Vick and he couldn't do any BS,maybe it was a fluke,but I think you will have to be REALLY good at the game to pull of the stuff you could with Vick in years past.

AcePlace

Hey,

I picked up the game last night and was playing all day today. Sadly, I must say I really dont enjoy the game too much, and seeing how fast the day went bye, I dont really believe I'll be getting into the game too much.

So I suppose I must drop out before you guys get started. I wouldn't want to mess up your league or your upcoming tourney. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your games.

--Mike

Fifty

Ramirez said:
I do,as I stated earlier,I want the old Madden controls,so that makes me have to just use the R Stick for the cone,Im getting good at it actually.

I think Vick cheese might officially be nerfed,just played some noob that tried to cheese with Vick and he couldn't do any BS,maybe it was a fluke,but I think you will have to be REALLY good at the game to pull of the stuff you could with Vick in years past.

It only took me a few minutes to get used to A and B on defense and I think that's the biggest change....maybe white/black as passing will affect people as well, but I actually prefer these controls.

Silent Death

lemme get one or two licks
Yes its official the cone passing is crap. Tried it with the right trigger and still no dice. Also who was the freaking genius who decided to set receivers to the white and black buttons? First of all they are way out of the way and second they are flush with the controller so you have to hit them with the tip of you fingers or risk not pressing the buttons completely. God I'm so freaking frustrated cause if it wasn't for EA I wouldn't have to put up with all this crap and I’d be playing ESPN now. As it is I have to fumble with these freaking ape handed control schemes.

Fifty

This is the league thread not the impressions thread! To add insult to injury this year......ESPN is sponsoring the Premium Pass! Where is your god now?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Silent Death said:
Yes its official the cone passing is crap. Tried it with the right trigger and still no dice. Also who was the freaking genius who decided to set receivers to the white and black buttons? First of all they are way out of the way and second they are flush with the controller so you have to hit them with the tip of you fingers or risk not pressing the buttons completely. God I'm so freaking frustrated cause if it wasn't for EA I wouldn't have to put up with all this crap and I’d be playing ESPN now. As it is I have to fumble with these freaking ape handed control schemes.

So after half a day of using it, your writing it off already? Jeez try practicing and getting used to it before slamming it. I will agree that black and white buttons are crap, but not just for this game, any game for xbox. But its not like they can put them anywhere else. This is the only area i find that is better on the ps2 version of madden.

Lonestar

black and white buttons are kinda hard, I have the original XBox controller. Wonder which is better for the game.

It would seem like trying to throw to the R2 receiver while holding down R1 on the PS2 pad would be more awkward than using the black/white buttons on the Xbox. Not that I have played the PS2 version or anything.

jgar... in the hands of another player :(

i think im going to be sick...

p.s. i decided the tournament wont start until early next week. this will give everyone a chance to do one or all of the following:

1) get accustomed to the game
2) Decide they hate the game and dont want to play in the league
3) Decide on the team they may or may not want

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
Vision cone is pretty sweet,my only complaint is that I have to use the old style controls (B=sprint on def./A switch players),well on that configuration the "lock on" feature is mapped to the black button and it is not possible to press the black button and the WR button at the same time while trying to actually play the game seriously,major error on EA's part,IMO,but I'm still doing ok just by moving the cone around myself.

Why the hell did they change the spring button on def. this year in both games anyways,stupidest fuckin decision ever,it's been that way for years,why change it now?

But yea,from the quick game I played,it's def. better than the steaming pile NCAA.
I have the same problem with A and B. It's kinda dumb because A is so much easier and quicker to switch to x. I've only practiced a little bit and played 1 game through on All-Pro.

<Madden> If you're playing against Collins eh just blitz him.

^ the way he says it is hillarious (and true :(). :lol My o line just collapses every play. I see that there's still the problem of blockers all of a sudden just letting people go when you're running, but this time there's no offensive playmaker to tell them to get back in line? Kinda weak :\ I miss Offensive playmaker altogether. The run is still easy for me as it was last year and the truck stick and stops are very useful and intuitive. I've already gotten used to those. Who wants to take my 06 e-hymen?

Lonestar

Ror, if you're still around and want to play, I'm up for a game. And what a laugh riot it might be!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I lost 7-6 to Gunstar in my first online game.My D seems solid so far,but I suck throwing with the cone as of now.....MY STRENGTH HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY FROM ME SO FAR :(

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
jgar... in the hands of another player :(

i think im going to be sick...

p.s. i decided the tournament wont start until early next week. this will give everyone a chance to do one or all of the following:

1) get accustomed to the game
2) Decide they hate the game and dont want to play in the league
3) Decide on the team they may or may not want

Grand idea.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I beat Konex 21-14....

Konex gave me a good game and he had some serious bad luck :( but but if this were 05 I would have thrown all over him...damn jooo EA!

Man its amazing how diff the controls are in this game compared to last.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Ror, if you're still around and want to play, I'm up for a game. And what a laugh riot it might be!
Good game. I wanted a rematch, but I had to go give my friend a ride to the mechanic. He called me up during the game. Oh brother do I need to work on the pass. I guess I have the ground game down, though. :lol

Oh, btw, the score was 10-6 and I had -7 Passing yards, I think.

Man its amazing how diff the controls are in this game compared to last.
I keep getting thrown off by trying to do playmaker on offense and a/b on defense.

Lonestar

-18 yards Ror, -18

Once I figure out defensive controls, I hope to not have that same Run D again...though...who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom