• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

Somebody please tell me they brought back Wario's purple car from DD. I loved watching the replays of Mario and Wario tearing up the course in that thing. It looked like the preview to some awesome road movie set in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Could anyone get around to testing the pad lock thing for the friend's list? I'd like to know how much of a difference it makes, it'd probably be impossible to test at the moment though I bet, seeing as there's a huge lack of players. I ran into a site the other night with the server stats and there were only like 2 people on MK at the time.

I guess I'll just have to wait, but I'd really like to know beforehand, as would many others.

Ooo. The new Wario car looks like something out of Wario Ware. I like. I'm glad they included at least one "car". It's always funny to see Wario driving through the Mushroom Bridge course. He kinda blends in with the traffic.

Spencerr

Banned
I'd just like to say that putting in
FUCKING PETEY PUSSY ASS PIRHANA!!!
and NOT including the character I always use in MP and such
Boo! He kicks ass!
is a crime against humanity.

+Aliken+

Spencerr said:
Boo! He kicks ass!

don't worry both aren't in.

by the way are people having problems at the moment (people who have the game and are online)? Out of 4 championships (4 races) I could only complete 1... in 3 of them I would get disconnected befor the start of the last race...

Spencerr said:
Boo! He kicks ass!
Petey owns your ass. He kicks ass in golf, kart and fucking tennis. Boo can just suck it. Plus you already have an alternative undead character to play as.

+Aliken+ said:
don't worry both aren't in.

by the way are people having problems at the moment (people who have the game and are online)? Out of 4 championships (4 races) I could only complete 1... in 3 of them I would get disconnected befor the start of the last race...

I have done about 15+ races.. havent discd yet.

This game is fucking awesome. The new tracks and items (blooper!) are amazing. The online stuff is so amazingly easy. I set it up in <5 minutes.

Oh, and mission mode (which I initially thought I wouldn't like) would be the best addition to Mario Kart ever if they hadn't added online play in this game too.

Mofo

One more small "records" note. I did an experiment disconnecting while losing earlier and got the loss - well, after winning and being diconnected on (so frustrating too - they waited till after I swept them in all 4 races and disconnected as I was passing the finish line) - that loss was erased. So now I'm back to 35-0 instead of 35-1. Kinda of wacky, but I wont complain ;) I don't know if it erases a regular loss, because the only loss I had was from my disconection experiment.

+Aliken+

PezRadar said:

mh...
Can it be a my end problem... It seems strange that it effects only the last race and not the other ones...

D-Link: 624+ router by the way.

Tried to play Mario Kart Super Circuit a minute ago and damn that game is piss poor. After playing hours of Double Dash over the past few days I've been spoiled by the awesome controls. I hope MK DS retains the tight controls of DD and 64. I love the powersliding in DD. So fucking intuitive.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
evilromero said:
Tried to play Mario Kart Super Circuit a minute ago and damn that game is piss poor. After playing hours of Double Dash over the past few days I've been spoiled by the awesome controls. I hope MK DS retains the tight controls of DD and 64. I love the powersliding in DD. So fucking intuitive.
so did I. I'm amazed by how bad the mode 7 graphics of SC seem now. :lol

This game is quite simply, the hot shit.

It seems like they took all the best parts of all the past mario karts and put it into a blender and out came this wonderful game. The hop of old skool is back, but with the power slide of DD put there as well. It is also easier to bump the other cars around now, so all that Burnout time making me aggressive is paying off here.

I only played for about an hour last night, getting ready for a marathon tonight of the game. Now all I need is a wireless router and I will be in heaven.

But seriously, any doubts you have about this game, put them to rest. This is one of those games that the moment you start playing, you are filled with that sense of glee that only the great games can give you.

PhoncipleBone said:

It seems like they took all the best parts of all the past mario karts and put it into a blender and out came this wonderful game. The hop of old skool is back, but with the power slide of DD put there as well. It is also easier to bump the other cars around now, so all that Burnout time making me aggressive is paying off here.

I only played for about an hour last night, getting ready for a marathon tonight of the game. Now all I need is a wireless router and I will be in heaven.

But seriously, any doubts you have about this game, put them to rest. This is one of those games that the moment you start playing, you are filled with that sense of glee that only the great games can give you.
Oh hot shit. I'm glad the feel of the DD powerslide is in there. The game definitely refined the controls. My god, for the first time since I was in high school I am having a hell of a time waiting for this.

Socreges said:
I, er, don't understand why so many of you are playing this already? Technically it hasn't been released, right?

Working for certain companies has its advantages, such as free games from manufacturers. And sometimes they show up early, like Mario Kart.

S|kH

What's the best deal for MKDS?

I assume Best Buy will be selling it for $30 first week its out right?

Hopefully, I can still use those Best Buy Bucks from McDonalds on it
or if someone has that $5 off Circuit City coupon...

I love this game.

How the hell am I supposed to take the time to write a review? I have been playing for like six hours straight now, and the only reason I stopped before was to eat.

Please God help me.

~os

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
PhoncipleBone said:

othersteve said:
I love this game.

How the hell am I supposed to take the time to write a review? I have been playing for like six hours straight now, and the only reason I stopped before was to eat.

Please God help me.

~os
gigapower said:
finally got my copy in the mail. damn is it sweet. the wifi service works excellently in every game i've played.
so jealous >_<

Damn just faced Craig from IGN.. 1v1.. he pretty much pwned me... he powerslides well and always ALWAYS requests baby park gcn cause its good for powersliding :(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
PezRadar said:
Damn just faced Craig from IGN.. 1v1.. he pretty much pwned me... he powerslides well and always ALWAYS requests baby park gcn cause its good for powersliding :(

powersliding works like in DD? how does the non analogue control feel comparitively?

its simple in this game.. but i always have my thumb sprawled alogn the d-pad so im messy.. but just tap left right left or right left right depending on what side your turning and it gets you oragne sparks to get a boost off..

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
PhoncipleBone said:
Working for certain companies has its advantages, such as free games from manufacturers. And sometimes they show up early, like Mario Kart.
You work for McDonalds?

+Aliken+

PezRadar said:

I found my problem, it should be firewall related but I can't get the damn thing working...
I hate routers... they are all too different and I just got this D-Link...

Well lets try and see what I cn come up with...

EDIT:
Anyone with a D-Link DI-624+ who knows how to set it around here?
Please PM me if yes.

Anyone tried this with a NetGear DG834G? I'd like to buy this as it combines everything I want into one product. Combines modem, router, switch, 802.11g access point, and SPI True Firewall. And is pretty cheap.

nexes

Akia said:
Outpost.com is selling it for $23.99. I got overnight shipping.

Wow, I just found out that overnight shipping was only $9.64, compared to six something for ground. The order total was $33.63 to have it overnighted out here, so I guess I'll transfer my pre-order at EBGames over to Animal Crossing or THAS.

Top Bottom