• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2K7 League thread

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
depends...when does it start and what happened to all those people that signed up on the gaming board?

DMczaf

Im in with the Mariners ONLY if the league is real, I can't afford to buy the game and then the league is dead on arrival.

Zep

Banned
I'll get some online games in with whoever tomarrow...just to see where were at with lag/sliders and other shit for the league. I want this shit to work but we'll have to wait.

Cloudy

Banned
jobber said:
depends...when does it start and what happened to all those people that signed up on the gaming board?

I don't trust gaming forum only posters but if they post here, they get their original pick...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nope...Not Following this baseball shit again especially after last years Crappy ass league.

Not to mention 2K's baseball sucks.

Hit me up when we can do a Sega Saturn World Series Baseball League :)

DCX

DCX
Why are we picking teams? You know there will be conflicts. We should worry about seeing if there is a league first and how many are in then worry about team allocation.

DCX

AkaBalla

What would the projected rules be? I may consider buying the game if it's going to be worth my while.

Strikes only league? Which basically means you may throw waste pitches (Balls) on like counts of 0-2 only..

5 man rotation for a 50 game schedule... What will they be?

Oh BTW if im in I'll be the Red Sox........

AkaBalla said:
What would the projected rules be? I may consider buying the game if it's going to be worth my while.

Strikes only league? Which basically means you may throw waste pitches (Balls) on like counts of 0-2 only..

If you have the Sox, do you mind if I get my boy Beckett back?

Cloudy

Banned
AkaBalla said:

I like these ideas...

Cloudy

Banned
Big Zep said:
Um, not sure about that "only strikes" thing...I dont want a ****in hit fest.

It's also garbage when guys throw so far out of the k-zone EVERY time. If you use the right pitches and work the edges, it can work with Aka's suggestion...

AkaBalla

These rules here were for MVP Baseball back in 2004 when i was running.....

Amendments

The Strike Zone
All players should be attempting to throw Strikes except on obvious waste pitch counts such as 0-2, 1-2, 2-2 and 3-2.

Everyone in the league knows when a pitch is thrown and it becomes a Ball on 0-0 count or 1-0 count or 1-1 count it's an accident/incidental when the green X with the circle around it pops up that's when the pitch meter was not timed properly.

It is quite easy to throw a shutout not giving the other team any pitches to hit. All of us can do this. This does not create a sense of sim baseball for the game especially on the All-star level where we have very little time to react. In Professional/College and High School Baseball, a pitcher never throws a ball intentionally except in waste pitch circumstances or is pitching around the batter. We are not pitching around every single batter in this league.

Your pitching skills should be based on changing speeds and locations during the game, not by throwing constant ball 1 strike 1 to the batters that's not realistic baseball and it's not much fun for the opposition to play against. Even if the batter guesses right alot of the time and what pitch; he may guess wrong on the location and you still have a chance at an easy out.

5th Starter As Your Long Reliever
Your fifth starter can be your long reliever for the game currently being played. He should not be abused during the course of the season by pitching 4 innings one week and than 3 innings the next week. He is not to be used as your set-up man or closer for your team.

Pitching Rotation Changes
Rotations can only be changed after one full 4 week cycle. Your #1 pitcher can not be moved to your #4 pitchers spot and vice versa. This avoids back to back starts. This means rotations can only be changed on the following week numbers 1, 5, 9, 13 and 17.

Unfair Game Play
Quitting is not an option
This is just a clarification of the Mercy Rule we currently have in place for the league. After the 6th innings if one team is trailing by more than 10 runs, the trailing team has the option to opt for the mercy rule. At this time stats are recorded and results are filed with leaguedaddy.com. If you have 10 run lead or more and both owners decide to continue the game, the leading tim is encouraged to run into an out thus not affecting the average of the player when stats are recorded. What does this mean? If your batter hits a sharp single to the outfield, just have him run through first base & to second base. Hopefully your opponent will be able to throw him out as he advances to second base. If this doesn't work, you can continue running to third base to give your opponent another opporunity to retire the runner. If your runner is still not retired, you can either have your runner run back & forth between third & home or have him run back to second until the other team can record the out. Remember the goal of the league is to provide a fun environment where owners can compete with one another.

Glitches
As per usual, players are not to try and take advantage of any glitches with the game. This includes intentionally causing lag during the game, fake bunting in an attempt to prevent your opponent from concentrating on the pitching meter, or any other glitches the game may have. In order for the league to work, we need to have owners report potential problems to the staff so we can test the problems & create rules as necessary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last updated Monday, June 14th, 2004

Zep

Banned
we'll see...this aint MVP, the pitching model is totally different. Last thing we need is bitching over 10 missed 1st strike pitches over a game, thats corny. I still say no for now, until people say their comfortable with pitching.

I'd lean toward a a policy not mandating all strikes. I could seriously see someone nitpicking me over a few missed strikes in all kinds of potential scenarios. We all just have to make sure we play in the spirit of the real game.

DCX

DCX
Yeah, play sim, that is all. Check out the strike to ball ratio average in the majors, i'm sure it's like 60% or more. This strike only rule would make it more like 80%, not to mention the ability to draw walks is taken away 100%

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
Well, we'll see how it goes in practice games. My experience playing baseball games online doesn't leave me very optimistic though :p

Also, if we used the 0-2 rule, it just means it has to be a legit pitch. No obvious garbage unless it's 0-2. Doesn't have to be right in the box cos there's always pitches that get away from you...

I'll be around later tonight for a practice game or two. I'm liking the retail version a lot more than the demo, from what I have played...

I have never played a baseball game online, but wouldn't it penalize the pitcher more to pitch less strikes?

I mean, if the batter has a good eye, then I would think the pitcher is screwed more. If you want to pitch all balls to me and think I'll bite...go ahead. But I could be wrong.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
still undecided. man the fielding sucks ****ing ass....

In the infield or outfield? cause in the little I played of it I had no problems,but baseball games for me are like Madden games for you and come easy for me after a few games :p

Anyone want a game?

I'll be up for a couple more hours so if you see me on XBL just send me a message. gt=MightBeWrong for the uninformed:)

Get that shit fixed! How are we gonna play you in the league if that's ****ed?

I'm just giving you a hard time :D Practice up!

I don't know when the season is going to start, but I'm going to be gone from this Friday night until the next Sunday (March 11). I'm going to Florida for my spring break... Anyways, don't hold the league back for me or anything if you guys can get it off the ground before then.

Zep

Banned
ChrisJames said:
Get that shit fixed! How are we gonna play you in the league if that's ****ed?

I'm just giving you a hard time :D Practice up!

I don't know when the season is going to start, but I'm going to be gone from this Friday night until the next Sunday (March 11). I'm going to Florida for my spring break... Anyways, don't hold the league back for me or anything if you guys can get it off the ground before then.

It wont be...no worry.

jobber

eh...finally had a chance to play the demo and under the default camera settings and using the swing stick, I was ****in awful. I played over 300 games of 2K5 so adjusting will take me a while.

I'm on the fence!

Zep

Banned
stop playing the ****in demo...rent the full game if your on the fence. The league wont be starting at least for 2 weeks.

Cloudy

Banned
jobber said:
eh...finally had a chance to play the demo and under the default camera settings and using the swing stick, I was ****in awful

You know you can change from swing to regular controls in the demo, right? :lol

Sign me up for Angels, I took the plunge but my impressions aren't all rosy. See 2K7 league interest thread for my observations.

I'm all ears brother, anything you can do to help me with enjoying this game would work. I bought this as a filler between the next pigskin games as you know...

jobber

Cloudy said:
You know you can change from swing to regular controls in the demo, right? :lol

yeah!

After I fixed it, I was able to make up 7 of the 8 runs I gave up.

Anywho. I have the game now and since my team is taken, I'm going to choose either the O's or a random shit team like the Rangers. I'll let you know tonight!

jobber said:
yeah!

After I fixed it, I was able to make up 7 of the 8 runs I gave up.

Anywho. I have the game now and since my team is taken, I'm going to choose either the O's or a random shit team like the Rangers. I'll let you know tonight!

You could get to play Sosa!!!

Top Bottom