• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2K7 League thread

Zep

Banned
People who have the game:

-Me
-Kobex
-Matrix
-Jobber
-Pheeniks
-JamesChris
-Juan(?)
-Ando
-DCX
-Wellie(?)
-Shawn

Any Others?

Zep

Banned
Teams Taken: 16

Phillies
Astros
Marlins
Tigers
O's
Angels
Seattle(not definate)
Yanks(konex,dcx)
Braves
Cardinals
Rangers
Mets
Red Sox
A's
Reds
Cubs
---------------------------------------------------------------

Teams Available: 14

Blue Jays
Royals

Pirates
Twins
Rockies

Padres
D'Backs

Dodgers
Giants
Tampa Bay(lol)
Cleveland
Washington
Brewers
White Sox

jobber said:
I rather have Dontrelle in my rotation :\

Do you mean you'd rather have him in your batting lineup over Sosa?

If so, I would believe you too..he hit a double in an online game I played earlier :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is Liriano available in the game? If so, Twins, if not, Blue Jays.

Regardless, my first choice is still the Yankees, so you might as well put my name up there next to DCX and Konex. Might I add that in NBA leagues I was never allowed the Knicks, not even in fantasy!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Yeah, I'll select the OHHHHHHHHHHHs

I got the Steve JAX code!

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Is Liriano available in the game? If so, Twins, if not, Blue Jays.

Regardless, my first choice is still the Yankees, so you might as well put my name up there next to DCX and Konex. Might I add that in NBA leagues I was never allowed the Knicks, not even in fantasy!
I didn't take the Knicks in fantasy thinking you would take them, what happened there? Konex for the cock block?

DCX

Zep

Banned
For that Yankees cluster****:

Konex vs. Wellie

DCX vs. Wellie

Konex vs. DCX

Best Record gets them. If theres a 3-way tie...Team with most runs scored wins.

game anyone?

edit: nevermind playing now.

I played a game with Shawn online earlier and it was a really good experience (1-0 final score). I think we're going to have a fun league. I just need to figure out how to string some hits together...

Rorschach

So I'm hearing the demo wasn't a good indication of the final product? I'm gonna give it a try and see what happens. Maybe I'll join.

Zep

Banned
Just played Konex...won 2-1 against the Yanks. Flash Gordon sat everyone down in Order Jeter, Matsui, A-Rod. No lag period and it was fun...If people can get past the fielding which isnt bad at all, this will work.

<-------Took Konex deep.:lol

Big Zep said:
Just played Konex...won 2-1 against the Yanks. Flash Gordon sat everyone down in Order Jeter, Matsui, A-Rod. No lag period and it was fun...If people can get past the fielding which isnt bad at all, this will work.

Yeah, I just played DCX and lost 1-0, but it was still a great game and a ton of fun. I'm really starting to like the game a lot. Still, I need to hit a home run or two. I've had some doubles and singles, but not much else.

You wanna play Zep?

DCX

DCX
Yeah really good game, Abreu hit the only run in the game off of a homerun. The game seemed to take long, but i think we did great at actually trying to guess right at certain pitches, maybe trying to draw walks etc. It was fun!

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
OMG, amazing game with Zep. I'm up 6-1 going for the CG with Petite but Rollins goes yard for a 3-run bomb with 2 out in the 6th. Won 6-5 with a runner stranded at 3rd. Mariano FTW! :D

PS: Threw the tying run (Howard) out at homeplate from CF cos he was a fatass trying to score from 2nd :lol

Zep

Banned
Suck me Konex...get the story right at least:lol

He's up 5-1 in the 5th and I start the inning getting two men on. Rollins steps to the plate and hits a 2-1 meat pitch out of the park, 5-4. Next inning with Howard on first, I hit a gapper with Burrell and konex runs into the wall and falls(lol)...Howard chugs his big ass home and gets thrown out at the plate because Abreu was backing up Damon. Bottom of the 8th Chase hits a HR, 6-5 konex. Bottom 9th, Rivera on the mound...Strikes out my first guy. Helms hits a double with 1out. Barajas hits it to Cano moving Helms over...2 outs. 2-2 count he strikes me out, game over.

:(

And to show we dont need that 0-2 rule

Me: 79strikes 22balls

Konex: 72strikes 28balls.

Zep

Banned
Word to the wise...Dont stall on the mound. Konex hit a HR with Giambi because I was typing to him and the computer pitched for me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What settings did you guys play on?

I need to practice some,I havent had any time to really try it offline *I dont like just jumping online without having a feel for how the game plays* and I want to make sure I'm playing on the right league settings.

I did hit 3 hrs in one game with fatty Elvis in the 2 game I played against the cpu on pro,got myself a nice achievement :D

ps- Stros rated 23rd in the game,2k can kiss my nipples!

I do miss Andy and Clemens :(

Zep

Banned
sext0n said:
If there is still any room, I'll take the Cubs. Gamertag is joey ballgame

I'll pencil you in...but since i've never seen you play in our leagues, you'll have to prove you can stay up with this in a tourney or preseason.

MickeyPhree

Not a problem and completely understandable......if anyone wants to play, I'm usually on after 9pm every night. Already signed up for a tournament using 2ksports.com, just waiting on it to fill up so we can get started.

Zep

Banned
sext0n said:
Not a problem and completely understandable......if anyone wants to play, I'm usually on after 9pm every night. Already signed up for a tournament using 2ksports.com, just waiting on it to fill up so we can get started.

We're gonna do a league tourney, just so everyone gets accustomed and gets an achievement ( :) ) Just need 1 more person, for a full 16.

Kingpen

I'll take the 16th spot in the tourney...

GT: KINGPEN66

I'm getting the game today and the wife is out of town until Sunday night.... I have not played a baseball game since Ken Griffey Jr on SNES or Bases Loaded on Nes though....

Guess I'll take the White Sox....

if they are taken, then Dodgers or Twins...

Zep

Banned
Kingpen said:
I'll take the 16th spot in the tourney...

GT: KINGPEN66

I'm getting the game today and the wife is out of town until Sunday night.... I have not played a baseball game since Ken Griffey Jr on SNES or Bases Loaded on Nes though....

Guess I'll take the White Sox....

if they are taken, then Dodgers or Twins...

So...your down for the league? This is our preseason.

ChrisJames said:
I played a game with Shawn online earlier and it was a really good experience (1-0 final score). I think we're going to have a fun league. I just need to figure out how to string some hits together...

We had an awesome pitchers duel where neither of us was realy able to get our offenses going. The whole all strikes thing is certainly not neccessary. Considering that the game punishes pitchers for throwing balls by expaning the hitters eye circle, guys are going to throw stirkes.

I am starting to get the mechanics down, and I am lovin the game more each time I play!!

Sounds good on the tourney, I'll love getting my free 10 gamer points from that. Did you sign me up already Big Z or do I have to do register myself? If so what is the tournament called so I can search for it. I can't register right now because my job blocks off the 2K site. Thanks!!

Kingpen

Oh I see... well, maybe I'll get some practice in on the sidelines before I commit to the league. I knew you guys were organizing a league, but thought that this tournament was not connected to that...

Don't mark me down then as I don't want to commit and then not have the time later down the road.... I will watch this thread though, and if someone flakes out, maybe I can fill their spot or something.

Thx

Cloudy

Banned
Cloudy - Yankees
Zep - Phillies
Juan - As
Matrix - Astros
Chrisjames - Tigers
DM - Mariners
storybook77 - Braves
DCX - Mets?
Jobber - ?
bluemax - Cardinals
Pheeniks - Marlins
Ando - Rangers
Aka - Red Sox

Zep, edit that list with the guys who haven't posted here if any..

Also, I gotta say the demo is a poor representation of the final game. Especially graphically...

I definitely, definitely want in on this season, but I won't be around for the next week, so I probably won't be able to play in the tournament.

I think the graphics in this game are pretty amazing once you go to some different stadiums and notice the lighting and see the replays etc.

Andokuky

Banned
Random drop Chris or did something happen on your end? My end was fine, I'm guessing yours too, since it showed you right back online. Lameness.

Anyways, this game is so unlike The Show online. No more crazy random lag, it's great.

Zep

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
Sounds good on the tourney, I'll love getting my free 10 gamer points from that. Did you sign me up already Big Z or do I have to do register myself? If so what is the tournament called so I can search for it. I can't register right now because my job blocks off the 2K site. Thanks!!

No its not up yet...I need everyone to confirm.

For the tourny:

Phillies - Big Zep
Astros - Matrix
Marlins - Pheeniks
O's - Jobber
Angels - Shawn
Yanks - Konex
Braves - StoryBook
Cardinals - Bluemax
Rangers - Ando
Mets - Angelus
Red Sox - Aka
A's - Juan
Reds - BB
Cubs - Sext0n
Angels - DCX

Doubt you can have 2 people be the same team! (DCX,Konex) so...you'll have to play each other or one of you use a different team.

I need to hear from: Storybook,Bluemax,Aka,Juan,BB,Angelus,Jobber. Make sure you guys are down with this.

Also, the tourny can only be 16p max.

No worries Pheeniks, I've seen several foul balls in my experience. I've had some random disconnects as well though, and I'm worried this stuff will be popping up in the league. Hopefully 2K sorts it out over the next few weeks.

Shawnwhann said:
No worries Pheeniks, I've seen several foul balls in my experience. I've had some random disconnects as well though, and I'm worried this stuff will be popping up in the league. Hopefully 2K sorts it out over the next few weeks.

So you use swing stick?

I guess I should be a man and use swing stick. I suck at timing...but I guess I'll go practice now. Swing stick's definitely more realistic but I've never been able to figure it out.

Yep!! Swing stick is the way to go. After getting used to it, I dont get suckered by the change ups and curves so much anymore. Main reason being is that you swing when you let go of the analog stick meaning if the pitch is coming slow you just hold it is little longer. I used the homerun derby as my practive field to get used to the timing of using contact and power swings. Tried it after the 1-0 game vs ChrisJames. The next three games I won 4-1, 7-0, and 5-2. Swing stick=better offense so far...

Of course this an evolving story...

Sanjuro

Thanks for link. If you need a player I'm down. I purchased the game from work at launch and will be available to complete all my games.

Red Sox or Dodgers.

Zep

Banned
Yea, depends on the situation. Using man style if you cock back and go up-right with a lefty, you'll pull the ball, up-left would slap it down the line or in the gap if good contact is made.

On the flip side cocking back and swinging the stick down-left, down-right would aim for the holes in the infield. Those are some tips.

Top Bottom