• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2K7 League thread

DCX

DCX
Big Zep said:
No its not up yet...I need everyone to confirm.

For the tourny:

Phillies - Big Zep
Astros - Matrix
Marlins - Pheeniks
O's - Jobber
Angels - Shawn
Yanks - Konex
Braves - StoryBook
Cardinals - Bluemax
Rangers - Ando
Mets - Angelus
Red Sox - Aka
A's - Juan
Reds - BB
Cubs - Sext0n
Indians - DCX

Doubt you can have 2 people be the same team! (DCX,Konex) so...you'll have to play each other or one of you use a different team.

I need to hear from: Storybook,Bluemax,Aka,Juan,BB,Angelus,Jobber. Make sure you guys are down with this.

Also, the tourny can only be 16p max.
Dude i told you the TRIBE!! And you give me the Halos?!?! Faith in league drops -1 :D

DCX

Zep

Banned
DCX said:
Dude i told you the TRIBE!! And you give me the Halos?!?! Faith in league drops -1 :D

DCX

DCX...Are you confused? :lol

Tribe = Indians

Halos = Angels

Or did I miss the joke completely?

_Angelus_

Banned
Big Zep-I'm definitely up for being in the Gaf league,so yeah I'll take the Mets if theyre still there. Though I could have sworn DCX chose the Mets before I entered the thread. I guess its cool though? I mean I don't wanna jump in line to to speak if he chose them before me.

Edit,oh I see Shawn was the one who chose them. Well I don't wanna be an ass about it. If he wants them then I'll step aside,no big deal.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I swear the cpu hitters take me deep way tooo much on All-star,one mistake and it's a hr....I'm not feeling that.

Ive been practicing with the hit stick and I like it better than just using A,Shawn is right,use the HR derby for practice.

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
I swear the cpu hitters take me deep way tooo much on All-star,one mistake and it's a hr....I'm not feeling that.

I've noticed that when using the same strategy against them the 2nd-3rd times, they're gonna rock you. I learn that the hard way. Mix your pitch velocity and everything becuase they cheat their asses off.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Big Zep said:
I've noticed that when using the same strategy against them the 2nd-3rd times, they're gonna rock you. I learn that the hard way. Mix your pitch velocity and everything becuase they cheat their asses off.

I'll test that out,but my last game I had Roy O on the mound and Eckstein took him deep on a inside 94 mph fastball to lead off the game.

Any time one of my curveball hangs its a hr,yea odds are great that players will hit hanging pitches in real life,but hr's always...

get the hell out :lol

2k7 developers loving the roid era too much.

Playing against my bro on All-star felt much better that this shit,cpu on Pro is not bad,ill have to test out Legend.

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
I'll test that out,but my last game I had Roy O on the mound and Eckstein took him deep on a inside 94 mph fastball to lead off the game.

Any time one of my curveball hangs its a hr,yea odds are great that players will hit hanging pitches in real life,but hr's always...

get the hell out :lol

Playing against my bro on All-star felt much better that this shit,cpu on Pro is not bad,ill have to test out Legend.

The Royals went back2back2back against me with Schilling on the mound...I've been through it:lol

Anyone want to play a game?

I've had a couple random drops (one against Ando, another against a random person), so I hope that's not a sign of things to come for our league.

Matrix

Big Zep said:
The Royals went back2back2back against me with Schilling on the mound...I've been through it:lol

:lol

wtf

Chris,I can play at like 6 pm if you're around,I need to try out online myself and figure out how to pitch on all-star.

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:

wtf

Chris,I can play at like 6 pm if you're around,I need to try out online myself and figure out how to pitch on all-star.

Yea, I had to drop down computer sliders a bit and its much better on AS. Luckily it doesnt play like a *bomb fest online

cause we swing at almost everything

Well, I'll be playing a franchise game, so just message me if you guys want a game.

Matrix, I should be able to play you at around 6, but if I'm not on XBL then something came up. Just shoot me a message if you see me on.

Also, I thought I had read that it's possible to save your season/franchise games in progress and finish them later, but I haven't figured out how to do this. If it's possible let me know plz.

Matrix said:

get the hell out

Sounds like a little streak of bad luck there. In my games, the long ball frequency feel just right. Whenever I pop one or my opponent pops one, it's usually comes because of a bad pitch or perfect timing from my opponent.

The one thing I like most about baseball games is the fact that it is the only game where cheese can't be exploited like in other games. In football you hate playing teams with running quarterbacks. In basketball game you hate playing the teams with great 3 pt shooters or a Kobe Bryant.

If you are smart enough you can dominate games with your pitching by mixing things up so much that hitters have no clue whats coming. It's funny playing the noobs online. They'l think because a fastball, slider, change up got me the first time that the same combo will work for the next batter. So I'll leave that fastball alone, go after the slider, and wait and pray for that big lumbering change up that is coming down the pipe.

I swear it is the best planning your work, then working your plan. I can't wait to get home later today!!!

Matrix

Oh trust me I know all about how to pitch *ask anyone who got owned by me in our short show league from last year*,I guess I just havent gotten down how to to pitch yet in this game.

I'm going in with plans,but leaving stuff all over the plate,I still just find it crazy how mistake pitches seem to be automatic hrs on all-star,atleast in the games ive played.

I feel like im Dmczaf on the mound.

Zep

Banned
Ask Konex about Moyer last night:lol I had him lookin for K-Zone in options for 10mins. His curveball is re-****in-diculous

Matrix

Big Zep said:
Ask Konex about Moyer last night:lol I had him lookin for K-Zone in options for 10mins. His curveball is re-****in-diculous

Matrix

Chris and I cant connect :\ And when we did it kept lagging and booted us both.

I'm not sure if its my connection,his or the servers are shit right now.

Matrix

Yea I'll be around later tonight,I'll just practice offline for awhile.

This bites.

I'm down for a game a little later this evening too. I'll be home in about 3 hours if anyone thinks they'll be playing around that time. Holla!!!

Matrix

Servers are shit,Zep and I couldnt play either.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Is this league really gonna happen... this is coming to me via gamefly... let me know whats up, I am in with whoever... i dont care

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
Servers are shit,Zep and I couldnt play either.

I just played someone "Kush11" and the lag was good, only reason im not playing is he was losing 7-0 in the 3rd and quit:lol Bitch hit Howard in the head and quit

Remember, my finger slipped! BGO is a fraud

Matrix

BGO is your god.

Try playing Chris.

This better not be my connection,im so sick of this shit >_<

I cant play random people,cant stand people who pull that shit.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ok online players...can you load and use your online settings on this game unlike nba2k7?

Matrix

I believe you can...dont you mean offline settings online?

sext0n said:
Looks like I need some work :lol 15-4

GG man, thanks for not quitting. It was a really close game for the first 5 or so innings.

I hit 5 HR's in a row in that game!!!!!! Carlos Guillen hit 4 HR's and it didn't even give me the achievement, which really pisses me off.

This was after I had been scoring 0 runs in my last 3 games using classic, and now switching back to the swing stick.

Zep

Banned
sext0n said:
Looks like I need some work :lol 15-4

:lol you throw everything down the middle? Have the servers cleared up?

CJ, when my intranets gets running good again, were gonna battle :p

Matrix

ChrisJames said:
GG man, thanks for not quitting. It was a really close game for the first 5 or so innings.

I hit 5 HR's in a row in that game!!!!!! Carlos Guillen hit 4 HR's and it didn't even give me the achievement, which really pisses me off.

This was after I had been scoring 0 runs in my last 3 games using classic, and now switching back to the swing stick.

Thats odd that you didnt get the achievement,was it on rookie? :p

Matrix said:
Thats odd that you didnt get the achievement,was it on rookie? :p

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that NBA 2k7 is the same way in that you have to get a lot of the achievements offline.

I might be able to play in the tournament if you could use another player. I'll only technically be gone from Monday-Friday and I can probably play this weekend.

Zep

Banned
jakehr9.jpg

Win the whole F U C K I N thing

Big Zep said:
No its not up yet...I need everyone to confirm.

For the tourny:

Phillies - Big Zep
Astros - Matrix
Marlins - Pheeniks
O's - Jobber
Angels - Shawn
Yanks - Konex
Braves - StoryBook
Cardinals - Bluemax
Rangers - Ando
Mets - Angelus
Red Sox - Aka
A's - Juan
Reds - BB
Cubs - Sext0n
Angels - DCX

Doubt you can have 2 people be the same team! (DCX,Konex) so...you'll have to play each other or one of you use a different team.

I need to hear from: Storybook,Bluemax,Aka,Juan,BB,Angelus,Jobber. Make sure you guys are down with this.

Also, the tourny can only be 16p max.

I'm still in provided that the scheduling isn't too stringent, i.e. can schedule around when I'm not performing husbandly or fatherly duties. :D

I mainly get to play at night after everyone heads off to bed.

AkaBalla

Any1 wanna scrim? This will be my 2nd game of 2k baseball never played it and just finished a 5 inning game... Send me a aim message @ ronn4180 or XBL GT AkaBalla2k.. Im on both

Zep

Banned
n/m i'll go ahead and make it...

People that are able to compete in the tourney:

Phillies - Big Zep
Astros - Matrix
Marlins - Pheeniks
O's - Jobber
Angels - Shawn
Yanks - Konex
Braves - StoryBook
Cardinals - Bluemax
Rangers - Ando
Mets - Angelus
Red Sox - Aka
A's - Juan
Cubs - Sext0n
Indians - DCX
Tigers- ChrisJames

Havent heard from Birdbomb, so nobody take the 16th slot, thanks.

Zep

Banned
Ok, everyone on the list can now join.

1)Tournament

2)Join Tournament

Name: GAF Tourney
Pass: daddyz

DCX

DCX
I had Aka beat, 9th inning and i lose connection :/ Crap. I think i will be just fine, my pitching seems to be alot better than i give myself credit for. I mean i won a 1-0 game against Chris and basically won a 2-0 game against Aka. Two shutouts, one with the Yanks and one with the Tribe.

DCX

Top Bottom