• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB Slugfest: Loaded IMPRESSIONS/ONLINE THREAD!

i just picked up MLB Slugfest Loaded for xbox. played a few games, and its awesome! if you've played Slugfest you probably already know what to expect, but with the game online its even better. the MLB sim mode is very well done (considering this is a straight out arcade game).

online play on xbox is great. it takes advantage of many xbl 3.0 features, such as tournaments and sports ticker. the first time i played the game disconnected us in the first inning... dont know why but i got credited w/ a disconnect. but i played a game right after that was very smooth, no lag, finished to the end (which i lost...)

anyways dudes pick this game up if you enjoy baseball or enjoy online sports. put me on your friends list if you like also

gamertag: FrenchMov

DMczaf

FMT drops the bomb!

Online you can pick your pitcher before the game starts!

This is for you Matrix! GET IT!

Edit : WTF FMT! This is my time to shine!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
FMT drops the bomb!

Online you can pick your pitcher before the game starts!

This is for you Matrix! GET IT!

Edit : WTF FMT! This is my time to shine!

I cant do it...I just cant do it.

some updated impressions:

- online "Slugfest" mode doesn't allow you to throw balls i just discovered.
- "classic" mode allows you to throw balls and has a pitch meter etc
- franchise mode is AWESOME! i did a fantasy draft and it was so speedy picking through available players. you also pick a pretty big roster of players, and you can "call up" players from AAA.
- franchise mode is surprisingly deep with contracts and the works
- you have a set amount of "turbo" you can use each inning combined. what i mean by combined is you can use turbo on anything: base running, fielding, pitching, batting, throwing, etc. the trick is to either not use up all your turbo too quick, or to get things like stolen bases and strikes to regain some turbo. it puts a nice element of strategy into the game
- there is a good variety of types of hits in the game. i've seen bloopers, rockets, balls hitting the pitchers mound, balls hitting bases and flying off course, and more.
- robbing people of hits and homeruns is sweet! sometimes it looks like you wont get there, but you might as well jump cause often times you manage to snag it!

anyways, for those of you on the fence at least rent the game! i don't know how much time i'll put into it after ncaa/madden/espn come out, but im having a blast with it right now

Top Bottom