• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 Season 8 Thread of "Kobe do you polish yo rings"?

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
2k10 draft combine on xbla tomorrow

you bois gettin' it or what.
I am, as soon as i get home...and Hunter, i don't know kid...it just seemsthat when it comes down to it, i'll just always have your number..trust me there are a few people that have mine....Smokey being one ( Madden has changed that :p )

DCX

i'm going to be gaf's center!

we should seriously think about making intra-gaf squads, maybe we should start a thread soon with people posting what position they have their players and we can assign teams!

Smokey

DCX said:
I am, as soon as i get home...and Hunter, i don't know kid...it just seemsthat when it comes down to it, i'll just always have your number..trust me there are a few people that have mine....Smokey being one ( Madden has changed that :p )

DCX

Hold on son.

You won on a bullshit run back for a game winning TD. I hope I play you in the regular season and tax dat ass.

Any impressions on the draft combine?

Smokey said:
Hold on son.

You won on a bullshit run back for a game winning TD. I hope I play you in the regular season and tax dat ass.

i like it so far. i made a 295 center, slow as fuck and can't put the ball in the basket :lol

i can't say too much until i've played more. its frustrating at first cause you start and the guy is awful

charsace

Smokey said:
Hold on son.

I am considering buying madden just so I can wax dat ass boy.

ph33nix said:
i like it so far. i made a 295 center, slow as fuck and can't put the ball in the basket :lol

i can't say too much until i've played more. its frustrating at first cause you start and the guy is awful

your player starts out straight garbage, so i os hard to play at first, also iso-motions are kinda hard to adjust because its left trigger-left analog instead of right trigger-left analog. Its kinda realistic how the stamina works, you cant just hold turbo the whole game,because you will be dead tired. customizations are nice, a lot of options. there is also an alley-oop of the glass animation, but i have yet to do it successfully. They fixed a lot of player's signature jumpshots,( like LeBron's), but i dont really like Kobe's jump shot.

My player is a SF and is projected to be picked in the second round by the Blazers lol, im gunna start over ot get a better rating

Another classic game between CB and I. D Wade had the game in his hands, and of course he slows down and gets blocked by Melo. Lost the game by one point. I uploaded the video of the game changing play.

CB I know you were mad when D Wade picked Vince nearly every time in the fourth:lol :lol

That play may have changed the series, I let that one slip away.
Time to regroup for elimination game:D

Birdman02

Smokey said:
2k10 draft combine on xbla tomorrow

you bois gettin' it or what.

I would get it, but I'm 100 points short. I've had 300 left over for about a year, so I don't really wanna buy any more.

Also, let me know if you guys decide to do another fantasy draft tournament.

so for next tourney it looks like hunter and DCX are out. chaotic, ecnal, and birdman want in. so either one more dude drops out or we get one more for 10!

also, i was thinking of starting a 2nd smaller madden league. yall bitches interested in madden-2kage? :lol

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
so for next tourney it looks like hunter and DCX are out. chaotic, ecnal, and birdman want in. so either one more dude drops out or we get one more for 10!

also, i was thinking of starting a 2nd smaller madden league. yall bitches interested in madden-2kage? :lol
ill join ( i'm checking into rehab after this )

DCX

charsace

ph33nix said:

I will buy madden if you guys are really going to run a league.

Im down for the new 2k fantasy league, dont have madden tho

i heard for 2k10 they are having a team up thing again, but you can use your created player that u made in the combine

lakerslustvu8.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
WITNESS2K9 said:
:lol :lol :lol

when can u play again?, u always sign off after only one game, i should have one that game

:lol you should have won nothing. your damn lucky you got that close with Wade becoming mr fucking theif the whole 4th quarter. Melo put your ass in place

CB3 said:
:lol you should have won nothing. your damn lucky you got that close with Wade becoming mr fucking theif the whole 4th quarter. Melo put your ass in place

Wade was treatin Vince like a child, only reason why i lost is becuz wade was ice cold in the beginning, u remember that missed layup. 4th quarter was just a track meet

CB3

Lewis had a bad game. he was awful from the outside when he was open.

Lets not forget your Half court Wade shit. You've got more then your share of breaks. this series should be over

CB3 said:
Lewis had a bad game. he was awful from the outside when he was open.

Lets not forget your Half court Wade shit. You've got more then your share of breaks. this series should be over

Your just lucky Durant is shooting horrribly, he has been missin easy shots the whole time. You got your share of breaks with Rip getting open everytime and and hittin every corner shot. I should have one this series 3-0.

CB3

2k decided that game before it started :lol

"Hey lets make it so CB cant hit an open shot and every Block/Steal bounces back to the Cavs and let watch Vince's Hand go through the ball while wade shoots." Yay!

Live10 future

CB3 said:
2k decided that game before it started :lol

"Hey lets make it so CB cant hit an open shot and every Block/Steal bounces back to the Cavs and let watch Vince's Hand go through the ball while wade shoots." Yay!

Live10 future

good series tho

chaoticprout said:
I'm the team power forward.

Lighter skinned version of KG baby. Complimenting Shaq/Pheenix

haha, i was a small forward, but i deleted it, and started over as a pass first point guard, CP3 in the making:lol

WITNESS2K9 said:
so what are all the impressions from NBA 2k10 draft combine?

some of these objectives you have to do are dumb. and my teammates can't pass into the post worth shit

im gonna redo my character cause this time i'll know exactly what attributes i want to raise

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
some of these objectives you have to do are dumb. and my teammates can't pass into the post worth shit

im gonna redo my character cause this time i'll know exactly what attributes i want to raise
I made a SF, all around and he is alright, first game i played he went 4-15 2 stls 1 blk, 8pts 4 rbs, second game he scored 15 ( led the team ) 7-10, 7 ast, 3 rbs, 1 stl..i'm projected to go in the second round to Boston, pick 28.

Hunter i might be able to play a game tonight, and finish the series friday and or Saturday night.

DCX

im projected to go to phoenix, pick 18 round 2

my guy has had an A+ every game except for the last game when i got 22 points off 10-15 shooting, 14 rebounds, 2 assists 1 steal, 3 blocks. got me an A...wtf

i'm actually wondering if anyone knows the difference between like, shot close, shoot from post, shot underneath (whatever its called, closer than close!) and how important shoot in traffic is. like is a hook shot categorized as close shot or post move? this is important

my player's name is Jeremiah Viakado.
6'1"
pass first.
im gonne hone him like steve nash.
awesome passer.
deadly 3pt shooter.
shitty defense.

btw, he has light skin. chinese eyes
handlebar mustache, jawline facialhair.
with a big ass fro.
:lol

we're also gonna need a kobe/mj type player
and a defensive 2/3 to slow down the kobe/mj type players.

anyone else getting a courtrivals vibe from this.?:lol

ph33nix said:

one objective i had was to limit the opposing player from shooting better than 48% from three, but of course he only took one three point shot the whole game and made it :lol :lol

its difficult to get a lot of assists because your teammates are gabage, missing wide open layups:lol

viakado said:
how the fuck do you start over fresh?

you have to go to "my xbox" and delete it from your hard drive. i thought you could make more than one player, but i guess not. I might start oover once again:lol

Top Bottom